[\Kanye Speaks- Leno Returns Tonight!! 10pm On NBC Vol. Kanye Spoke/]

dmoney82

Banned
I will be tuning in. Jay Kanye and Rhianna all perform tonight . I wana know what Kanye has 2 say.. What Jay will say.. Lol

Thanks for reminder, the DVR will be set.
smokin.gif

Can someone please explain to me whats the point of Conan taking over the tonight show if chin face is going to have a new show at an earlier time?

I think Leno was just ready to try something different. There's going to be a lot more comedy on Leno's. Games, sketches ect...

Originally Posted by solesavage

Can someone please explain to me whats the point of Conan taking over the tonight show if chin face is going to have a new show at an earlier time?

Originally Posted by solesavage

In 2004 when Conan's contract was up for Late Night (at 12:30), NBC feared of him going to another network and competing against Leno. Sothey asked Leno if he would step down in 5 years time to allow Conan to take over the Tonight Show. Both to avoid Conan leaving and to prevent problems likethey had when Carson left. However as time passed it became clear that Leno didn't want to give up the show, but he agreed and signed a contract. So hewas either left with the options of going to ABC possibly at 11/1130 or perhaps Fox as well. So NBC made plans to give him something to appease him, theydiscussed variety shows, specials, etc. They finally decided to give him his own one hour talk/variety show at 10pm.

The benefits for NBC is they keep arguably their biggest star in their lineup (Leno), they keep Conan, AND the biggest issue right now... they save hugeamounts of money. It takes the same amount of money to produce and air Leno for a week at the 10pm slot, than to pay for 5 separate scripted dramas. NBC isdead last in ratings for years and has been losing money, so this is a cost effective way of dealing with their problems.

They tried to make it clear that it wouldn't be just an earlier version of The Tonight Show, but that's really what it will be. Leno will do hismonologue, skits, running gags, have guests and musical performances. Most likely it will be a moderate success, it'll save NBC money, keep their two bigtalk show hosts on their network, and probably won't hurt Conan's ratings too much.

Edit: I also doubt Kanye will say anything since he's just going to be performing.

This stuff is gonna be overkill. George Lopez is getting his own show in November too
smh.gif

I think it would have been better if it was only on Tuesdays and Thursdays instead of every night.

Yea they are performing.. Of course they are going to sit down and talk. Leno ask what he wants so aint no "don't ask Kanye about last night"type +#+ . You can kick rocks when it comes to Leno
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom