Kanye West - Flashing Lights [Video]

Originally Posted by theUisinthebuildin

Bottomline, IF this is the video, it's trash.

That one joint with that Adam Levine, THAT was an artisic video.

Not this.
which one? both videos were mediocre IMO... if ur talkin about the cartoon one
laugh.gif
ur taste must be similar to my 7 year old nephew, he liked that video too... and the other video with the moving furniture, its cool but its been done before..

bottom line is, this video may not appeal to everyone and im sure kanye understands that... one, he made it for those of us who can comprehend its artistic message, and two he likes the controversy, basically yall are makin the video more famous by hatin on it
pimp.gif

I'm not a big Kanye fan, but both of those videos are more 'artistic' than this one.

I was making the arguement that
laugh.gif
if you think this video is'artistic.'

laugh.gif
@ making excuses for this hot mess.

If Wayne came out and did something like this, the hate would be strong. 20+ pages

But since it's Kanye...

Also
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
@ the whole notion of Kanye is some sort of marketing genius by droppinga mediocre video to create a buzz and creating hype.

Let's be real.

Kanye is one of the biggest music name in the business.

Dude is known worldwide.

Like my dude Mez said, it's a mediocre video at best.

I think 'Ye basically said !@*+ it with the video and didn't give a damn, just because. If anything.

The video was eh. I heard Spike Jones helped directed the video...if so, why could we get something like the Fatboy Slim video.

And what's with the censorship of the flammable liquid?

What I wanna know is who the hell directed this crap!?
mad.gif
Aside from the fact that the girl in the video was bad, what the hell is the concept of the video?They took a great song and just squashed it!
mad.gif

Goodness gracious, NT sure does love the taste of Kanye. Video/teaser/trailer, whatever the #!!!, it's wack. It isn't a Picasso or anything like that,just a basic, boring video.

dude who worked on the video said this is just a part of it, just so you know.

Source?

I heard on several NYC stations today that this was the actual final version of the video.

Everyone keeps hating...

I thought this snippet was wack too, but somehow it's supposed to fit into the bigger picture.

To answer some questions, Spike did direct but he had a lot of input from Kanye. Most of the ideas of this shoot came from Kanye.

The bottle was probably blurred because of the Zippo logo on it. Rita G's bottle only had water, but when the towels were placed in for the jacket andskirt, they were doused with gas and lighter fluid. Best part of the shoot IMO.

After this shoot, they had a fitting for the rest of the video with several other people, so I'm sure that there is more. My job was done after this shoot,and I left Vegas for LA soon after.

^^^

i bet he's probably the real kanye and is workin on makin a new video because the rest of NT said it sucks
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

I saw the Kanye video tonight. I didn't know what I had watched for 2 mins and 47 seconds. So I spent time researching the video. This is what I found.I'm not a big James Bond fan, but this kind of explains the video somewhat.

For those of you who aren't feeling Kanye's music video for Flashing Lights this might change your mind. In Diamonds Are Forever, James Bond is taken out to the desert and left to die. Kanye wore a black suit in Flashing Lights, just as Bond usually does(1st pic). The car's headlights FLASH several times on the way out to the desert(3rd pic). Yes, there is even a spy gadget lighter that drops out of Bonds' pocket while he's unconscious (5th pic). Kanye also sampled the movie's theme song for his first single on Late Registration…

0071.jpg

Fox5Kobe -

Great find...you guys were doubting 'Ye but he at least had a basis for this video, it wasn't just a $@$%@! attempt at being innovative...

That was like the best video I've seen in the last couple years.

Seriously, how does this video suck?

I think alot of people are either a) just hating or b) don't know %+!# about music videos.

What would be more creative than what you've just seen? Does Kanye HAVE to perfom the song? He doesn't have to be in the video at all, and his partis the best part. No one was expecting that to be Kanye in the trunk, and then no one was expecting the chick to just murk him with the shovel. I dunno, ithink that the hate is just ultra strong in this thread. Either that or people aren't looking at this video with a true artist's perspective.

Incredible broad: Check
Crazy Whip: Check
Insane Lighting tricks: Check
Special effects: Check
Engaging Storyline: Check
Suprising Ending: Check
Bad Broad: Check
Video Ties in with song: Check

I need some specific reason's as to why this video sucked, until then this thread is just a bunch of rah rah.

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

Layzie..what is it exactly that you do?

I provide the cars that are featured in music videos, movies, tv shows, commercials, red carpets, etc...

That's why I was the one driving. And if you see the pic above with Kanye and Spike, you can see my Aqua VIII's behind Kanye. Don't know whysome dude reposted my pic.

Originally Posted by Fox5Kobe

I saw the Kanye video tonight. I didn't know what I had watched for 2 mins and 47 seconds. So I spent time researching the video. This is what I found. I'm not a big James Bond fan, but this kind of explains the video somewhat.

For those of you who aren't feeling Kanye's music video for Flashing Lights this might change your mind. In Diamonds Are Forever, James Bond is taken out to the desert and left to die. Kanye wore a black suit in Flashing Lights, just as Bond usually does(1st pic). The car's headlights FLASH several times on the way out to the desert(3rd pic). Yes, there is even a spy gadget lighter that drops out of Bonds' pocket while he's unconscious (5th pic). Kanye also sampled the movie's theme song for his first single on Late Registration…

0071.jpg

eek.gif
nice find

Originally Posted by LayzieLou21

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

Layzie..what is it exactly that you do?

I provide the cars that are featured in music videos, movies, tv shows, commercials, red carpets, etc...

That's why I was the one driving. And if you see the pic above with Kanye and Spike, you can see my Aqua VIII's behind Kanye. Don't know why some dude reposted my pic.

Tell us what happens in the video and if it's the whole thing if you were there then.

Back
Top Bottom