<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

Originally Posted by Pump Fake

I agree with that Wtt, it really echos what I said in my own review of the album. And to the people who ask how can one say this is a bad album, it's not a bad album, but it's not a classic like a lot of people are describing it to be. It's not bad and has moments where it shines, but there are also tracks that seem lazy/not that great. I guess people say it's wack when the album isn't that bad because of the simple fact that two big name rappers are on it, therefore people expect really great things. 

Once again, what one person describes as classic can also w described as trash by someone else. All that matters is your own take of the thing, which is why I don't go by reviews.

FOR ME: I can't say it's a classic bc it just came out, but I've played it several times already. I think it's one of the best music releases of the year, in any genre. Of course there are a bunch of other good albums outside of WTT though.

According to the Best Buy newspaper pull-out for this weekend the deluxe edition will be available for purchase on Friday.

Edit--

Also for those that don't keep up with sports, as far as "%%!%@% In Paris" goes..............."What's 50 grand to a %@*$@%#*#$## like me".............

Being co-owner of an NBA team comes lots of restrictions and rules that must be followed.  Jay-Z broke one of those rules, and now he must pay for it.

Because NBA rules prohibit any NBA personal to have contact with any players not yet entered in the NBA Draft, the NBA fined the Nets $50,000.

Jay-Z may have entered the locker room to congratulate the UK team.  He found himself shaking hands with players and taking pictures during a post-game celebration.

The Wildcats have a few prospects for this year’s NBA Draft.  Standout freshman, guard Brandon Knight and forward Terrence Jones are expected to be lottery picks.

jay_z_kentucky_thesource.com.jpg

Photo Courtesy: Thesource.com

For celebrities to visit and congratulate players after a big NCAA victory is not unusual.  Young Money rapper Drake visited the Wildcats locker room after a victory in the 2010 tournament, but Jay-Z’s affiliation with the New Jersey Nets brought upon the $50,000 fine.

According to the Best Buy newspaper pull-out for this weekend the deluxe edition will be available for purchase on Friday.

Edit--

Also for those that don't keep up with sports, as far as "%%!%@% In Paris" goes..............."What's 50 grand to a %@*$@%#*#$## like me".............

Being co-owner of an NBA team comes lots of restrictions and rules that must be followed.  Jay-Z broke one of those rules, and now he must pay for it.

Because NBA rules prohibit any NBA personal to have contact with any players not yet entered in the NBA Draft, the NBA fined the Nets $50,000.

Jay-Z may have entered the locker room to congratulate the UK team.  He found himself shaking hands with players and taking pictures during a post-game celebration.

The Wildcats have a few prospects for this year’s NBA Draft.  Standout freshman, guard Brandon Knight and forward Terrence Jones are expected to be lottery picks.

jay_z_kentucky_thesource.com.jpg

Photo Courtesy: Thesource.com

For celebrities to visit and congratulate players after a big NCAA victory is not unusual.  Young Money rapper Drake visited the Wildcats locker room after a victory in the 2010 tournament, but Jay-Z’s affiliation with the New Jersey Nets brought upon the $50,000 fine.

I feel like they "laser"ed this cd.

songs sound REALLY pop influence rather than hip hop music

no club tracks? thats usually a must have on a hip hop cd i geuss this is the avenue these guys are going at these days. Lyrics are good and everything but musically it hard to repeat this. The songs arent really that catchy which make it hard to want to repeat.

no club tracks? thats usually a must have on a hip hop cd i geuss this is the avenue these guys are going at these days. Lyrics are good and everything but musically it hard to repeat this. The songs arent really that catchy which make it hard to want to repeat.

Aug 9 2011 6:53 AM EDT 9,439
[h1]Jay-Z, Kanye West's Throne Defies Radio Rules[/h1][h2]While lacking conventional single, Watch the Throne tracks 'Lift Off,' 'No Church in the Wild' and 'N---as in Paris' trend on Twitter.[/h2]
By Rob Markman

Text Size Decrease Increase

Nothing Jay-Z and Kanye West have done leading up to Monday's release of Watch the Throne has been conventional. While most rap artists look to impact radio with a big crossover single before they drop their album, the Throne handled things a bit differently.

bttn_play-big.png
mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:680054
bttn_play.gif

Yes, there was the release of the Lex Luger-produced "H.A.M.," which now stands as a bonus track on the deluxe version of WTT. Then there was "Otis" of course, but with no catchy chorus, the Redding-sampled track hardly screams crossover. Shade 45 DJ Statik Selektah said he doesn't think Jay and Kanye still need to conform to radio — he actually believes the opposite: "I think Jay and Kanye could put out an a cappella song and it'll get played," the DJ told MTV News.

Check out our photos of Jay and Kanye recording Watch the Throne.

Sucker Free and Power 105.1's DJ Envy agrees. While "Otis" doesn't fit the exact formula for a hit, Envy said radio has picked it up for one simple reason: It's a good record. "The first single, 'Otis,' if you wanna call it a single, it's not a radio record but it's been added on so many different radio stations, which I think is dope," he said. "You still play it in the club, and it's a hot record."

bttn_play-big.png
mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:678890
bttn_play.gif

Because of their respective musical accomplishments, Hot 97's DJ Kast One said the Throne are the exceptions to the radio rule. "They're in a different type of space: It's Jay-Z and Kanye — they're arguably two of the biggest rappers, I wanna say, ever," he said.

Shade 45's DJ Wonder echoed that sentiment: "With Jay-Z and Kanye, they're so iconic that it's not going to make a difference what they decided to do; people are gonna want it."

It's not that Watch the Throne has a shortage of likeable records. Since its release Monday, songs like "Lift Off," "No Church in the Wild" and "N---as in Paris" have all become trending topics on Twitter.

Conventional wisdom says that Watch the Throne will eventually produce a number of records for radio, but it doesn't seem that Hov and Yeezy necessarily planned for that while recording the album. DJ Khaled argues that when artists go in with the aim of recording for radio, they end up losing authenticity. "I think people that go in the studio saying, 'I'm making a radio record' is when they start goin' in the wrong direction. It's called, make a great record," he said. "When you start thinking, 'Oh, I should put a little sprinkle and make it radio,' sometimes that hurts you because it's not authentic." 

Aug 9 2011 6:53 AM EDT 9,439
[h1]Jay-Z, Kanye West's Throne Defies Radio Rules[/h1][h2]While lacking conventional single, Watch the Throne tracks 'Lift Off,' 'No Church in the Wild' and 'N---as in Paris' trend on Twitter.[/h2]
By Rob Markman

Text Size Decrease Increase

Nothing Jay-Z and Kanye West have done leading up to Monday's release of Watch the Throne has been conventional. While most rap artists look to impact radio with a big crossover single before they drop their album, the Throne handled things a bit differently.

bttn_play-big.png
mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:680054
bttn_play.gif

Yes, there was the release of the Lex Luger-produced "H.A.M.," which now stands as a bonus track on the deluxe version of WTT. Then there was "Otis" of course, but with no catchy chorus, the Redding-sampled track hardly screams crossover. Shade 45 DJ Statik Selektah said he doesn't think Jay and Kanye still need to conform to radio — he actually believes the opposite: "I think Jay and Kanye could put out an a cappella song and it'll get played," the DJ told MTV News.

Check out our photos of Jay and Kanye recording Watch the Throne.

Sucker Free and Power 105.1's DJ Envy agrees. While "Otis" doesn't fit the exact formula for a hit, Envy said radio has picked it up for one simple reason: It's a good record. "The first single, 'Otis,' if you wanna call it a single, it's not a radio record but it's been added on so many different radio stations, which I think is dope," he said. "You still play it in the club, and it's a hot record."

bttn_play-big.png
mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:678890
bttn_play.gif

Because of their respective musical accomplishments, Hot 97's DJ Kast One said the Throne are the exceptions to the radio rule. "They're in a different type of space: It's Jay-Z and Kanye — they're arguably two of the biggest rappers, I wanna say, ever," he said.

Shade 45's DJ Wonder echoed that sentiment: "With Jay-Z and Kanye, they're so iconic that it's not going to make a difference what they decided to do; people are gonna want it."

It's not that Watch the Throne has a shortage of likeable records. Since its release Monday, songs like "Lift Off," "No Church in the Wild" and "N---as in Paris" have all become trending topics on Twitter.

Conventional wisdom says that Watch the Throne will eventually produce a number of records for radio, but it doesn't seem that Hov and Yeezy necessarily planned for that while recording the album. DJ Khaled argues that when artists go in with the aim of recording for radio, they end up losing authenticity. "I think people that go in the studio saying, 'I'm making a radio record' is when they start goin' in the wrong direction. It's called, make a great record," he said. "When you start thinking, 'Oh, I should put a little sprinkle and make it radio,' sometimes that hurts you because it's not authentic." 

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

?
"****** in Paris" and "H.A.M" aren't played in clubs? 

How isn't it Hip-Hop influenced when Q-Tip, RZA, No I.D. & Pete Rock all have their hands on production? 
laugh.gif

You say it's "Laser'd" (in a bad way) yet you want catchy records? 
laugh.gif

"OTIS" is the lead single for God's sake. "OTIS". That ain't gettin played on Z100. 
laugh.gif

There's 2 dupstep infuenced records and one song with Bey so the label heads don't lose their minds.

Re-Listen.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

?
"****** in Paris" and "H.A.M" aren't played in clubs? 

How isn't it Hip-Hop influenced when Q-Tip, RZA, No I.D. & Pete Rock all have their hands on production? 
laugh.gif

You say it's "Laser'd" (in a bad way) yet you want catchy records? 
laugh.gif

"OTIS" is the lead single for God's sake. "OTIS". That ain't gettin played on Z100. 
laugh.gif

There's 2 dupstep infuenced records and one song with Bey so the label heads don't lose their minds.

Re-Listen.

[table][tr][td]
[h3]« Pharrell on Mary J. Blige’s New Album: ‘The Queen Is Back!’[/h3][h3][/h3]

[h2]REVIEW ROUNDUP: JAY-Z & KANYE WEST – ‘WATCH THE THRONE’[/h2]
watch-the-throne-cover.jpg
Like a kid on Christmas morning, hip-hop fans rushed to iTunes to download Jay-Z and Kanye West’s blockbuster albumWatch the Throne as soon as it went on sale Sunday night. The hip-hop kings assembled a royal lineup of collaborators including Beyoncé, Frank Ocean, The RZA, Swizz Beatz, The Neptunes, Q-Tip, and more to create the year’s biggest rap release. But was it able to live up to all the hype? The reviews are in.

USA Today: Star collaborations don’t always work out as well in practice as they do on paper (see: Jay-Z and R. Kelly). But in this case, they’ve created an artistic Throne that other rappers can aspire to. 4/4

Los Angeles Times: The album’s highlight, and an instantclassic, is “Made in America,
[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
[h3]« Pharrell on Mary J. Blige’s New Album: ‘The Queen Is Back!’[/h3][h3][/h3]

[h2]REVIEW ROUNDUP: JAY-Z & KANYE WEST – ‘WATCH THE THRONE’[/h2]
watch-the-throne-cover.jpg
Like a kid on Christmas morning, hip-hop fans rushed to iTunes to download Jay-Z and Kanye West’s blockbuster albumWatch the Throne as soon as it went on sale Sunday night. The hip-hop kings assembled a royal lineup of collaborators including Beyoncé, Frank Ocean, The RZA, Swizz Beatz, The Neptunes, Q-Tip, and more to create the year’s biggest rap release. But was it able to live up to all the hype? The reviews are in.

USA Today: Star collaborations don’t always work out as well in practice as they do on paper (see: Jay-Z and R. Kelly). But in this case, they’ve created an artistic Throne that other rappers can aspire to. 4/4

Los Angeles Times: The album’s highlight, and an instantclassic, is “Made in America,
[/td][/tr][/table]

i thought this could have been better.
listening to the songs, i can also tell that jay z had most of the say of what will and what won't go on the album.
album is solid but i do skip a few tracks. will see if the tracks grow on me as i listen to it more

i thought this could have been better.
listening to the songs, i can also tell that jay z had most of the say of what will and what won't go on the album.
album is solid but i do skip a few tracks. will see if the tracks grow on me as i listen to it more

Racks on racks on racks, maybachs on bachs on bachs on bachs on bachs, who in that, blacks on blacks on blacks
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I literally laughed out when I heard that.

Racks on racks on racks, maybachs on bachs on bachs on bachs on bachs, who in that, blacks on blacks on blacks
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I literally laughed out when I heard that.

Back
Top Bottom