Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

Is it? Because he actually didn't say anything. :lol:

So the outrage comes from saying he's going to go death con 3 and not actually going death con 3, which proves the actual point vividly.

Man, that Candace Owens is a snake. Apparently JP Morgan sent that letter to Kanye back on Sept 20th and Candace cropped that out to make it look like they dropped him over the WLM shirts or Jew statements. In actuality they dropped him because he was going at them on social media a month ago.

what is wrong with her? So ****ing weird man. What a ****ing loser.

Screen Shot 2022-10-14 at 6.20.07 PM.png

People are having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that they person they idolized and respected during their childhood and adolescent years is or has always been an a-hole. That's what all of this comes down to.

I know it's painful to accept but it's time to wake up and realize those shoes in your closet are actually hideous.

But the bank’s move was unrelated to West’s recent caustic remarks; a source close to the situation tells The Daily Beast that the letter was sent on Sept. 20, weeks before his antisemitic tweet and his fashion show.

The source added that the letter was actually sent in response to West's interview with CNBC last month, in which he announced his intention to stop banking with JPMorgan while also railing against his corporate partnerships with Gap and Adidas.

“I’m moving my money over from JPMorgan over to Bank of America, possibly, because I go and move $140 million over to JPMorgan and [CEO] Jamie Dimon never calls me,” West said at the time. “I find out Jing Ulrich is one of the heads of the board at Adidas and one of the heads of the board at JPMorgan, and they already treat me a certain way at Adidas. It doesn’t matter how much money you move over there.”

The Epstein comparison is just lazy.
if it is a lazy comparison what does that have to do with chase defending epstein lol

JP Morgan Chase dropped Epstein as a client in 2013.
Epstein had personal relationship with its head at the time. Jes Staley.
Jes Stanely's connection with Epstein eventually came to light and he stepped down at his role at Barclay.
The headline used almost implies that JP Morgan Chase kept Epstein after all his crimes came to light.

Kanye threatened to leave the bank publicly and got what he wanted.
His headline was also premature and their main source of information was Candace Owens.

If you see this as a "Banks backed a pedophile and not a black man who makes antisemitic remarks" situation, and not a false narrative designed to anger people who have no background info on either subject, then that's being lazy.

Last edited:
People are having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that they person they idolized and respected during their childhood and adolescent years is or has always been an a-hole. That's what all of this comes down to.

I know it's painful to accept but it's time to wake up and realize those shoes in your closet are actually hideous.

The same thing kinda happened in the Last Dance Jordan thread. People were copping all types of pleas whenever him being a horrible teammate came up.

Besides being dangerous, I have always found anti-Jewish conspiracies to be extremely dumb

Like giving it 30 seconds of thought and the logic of them falls apart. Probably shouldn't even take that long, to be honest

I don't know how a black person, a minority, a member of a marginalized group, or a white person that claims to reject racism can think they are something to be taken seriously

I have seen numerous black people that spew nonsense like Kanye, and legit thinking repeating a white supremacist talking point is somehow a pro-black stance

Conspiracy theorists don't want logic or diligence. They want a simplistic explanation for complex phenomena. They want a target.

Give those so inclined someone to look down on and they'll feel uplifted. While conspiracy theories aren't unique to the far right, their naturalization of group inequality is uniquely dangerous.

Common among reactionary grievance politics is the perception of “line cutting." Any personal inadequacies or anxieties faced by members of dominant groups is not merely unjust, but a perversion of a natural (often divinely ordained) hierarchy.
The bedrock of Reagan-era resentment was this notion that native-born White people who worked hard and did everything right were being left behind because liberal politics like welfare and affirmative action were allowing those who should have been lower on the food chain to cut in line and eat White people's lunches.

That same messaging has been adapted to try and pull progressive coalitions apart via relative privilege. If you're native-born, don't you resent those immigrants taking your jobs? If you're cishet, don't you resent all these LGBTQIA+ people forcing society to accommodate them while you're asked to subsist on the scraps of symbolism and incrementalism? People like you have been voting for Democrats for decades. Where are your big gains?

If you're a straight, painfully single middle-aged single man, don't you resent all these modern, “unaccountable” women who scorned you? You're biologically superior, but you've been emasculated by feminism!

The pull is doubly strong for narcissists who want to emphasize their perceived individual superiority and treat collective identity/responsibility as a liability. “I'm not like those others. The disgust me, too! I identify more with successful people like you! Tell me we're alike and I'll help you stomp them down!”

On a fundamental level, selfish people and narcissists don't want equality. They will, thus, ally themselves with those who would affirm their purported superiority on one or more identity dimensions and seek to make an "exception" of themselves on others.

Lindsay Graham articulated this rather directly in saying, “If you’re a young, African American or an immigrant, you can go anywhere in this state, you just need to be conservative, not liberal.”

Given how many people never bother to read beyond the headline, it's a shame that so many of them are recklessly constructed.

In a televised interview on September 22nd, Kanye said, “I’m moving my money over from JPMorgan to Bank of America, possibly, because I go and move $140 million over to JPMorgan and Jamie Dimon never calls me."

Is it? Because he actually didn't say anything. :lol:

So the outrage comes from saying he's going to go death con 3 and not actually going death con 3, which proves the actual point vividly.

Isabel: You write that because anti-Jewish bigotry is a conspiracy, it becomes a “self-sustaining cycle.” How does that cycle work?

Yair: In Kanye West’s anti-Semitic tweets, he [implies] that he’s going to attack Jewish people, and his rationale is that they blackball and silence those who act against them. This is a very clever little paradox, because if you, as a Jewish person, then say, “I think this is anti-Semitic,” and as a result of that, Kanye or anyone else who voices anti-Semitic sentiments suffers any consequences at all, then the anti-Semite can turn around and say, “Ha, you see? That proves that the Jews do control the things I said they control. Because when I tried to say anything about it, people tried to shut me up.” It’s a self-fulfilling conspiracy theory that provides its own evidence and can never be falsified in the mind of the anti-Semite.

Yair: In Kanye West’s anti-Semitic tweets, he [implies] that he’s going to attack Jewish people, and his rationale is that they blackball and silence those who act against them. This is a very clever little paradox, because if you, as a Jewish person, then say, “I think this is anti-Semitic,” and as a result of that, Kanye or anyone else who voices anti-Semitic sentiments suffers any consequences at all, then the anti-Semite can turn around and say, “Ha, you see? That proves that the Jews do control the things I said they control. Because when I tried to say anything about it, people tried to shut me up.” It’s a self-fulfilling conspiracy theory that provides its own evidence and can never be falsified in the mind of the anti-Semite.
This part here.

Back
Top Bottom