Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

my mans said
200.gif

I many conservative friends. Many of my coworkers are conservatives. I read conservative writers, hell I even have a subscription to the National Review.

This narative that all the right gets greeted with is just hostility is nonsense to me, they arguments are considered. However, most conservatives peddle so many insidious ideas, then demand they be given equal consideration, or else something is wrong.

Poorly thought out bad arguments deserve to be attacked, deserve ripping part, while well argued conservative commentary deserves consideration. Kanye, Candance, and the Fox News crowd does not argue points like David Frum, Avik Roy or Andrew Sullivan

I disagree with all of those dudes a lot but they make me stop and consider my position. Your run-of-the-mill Trumper or Fox News disciple spews garbage and complains about not being taken seriously. Sorry but nah, do better, people should not have to be required to constantly entertain poorly thought out, poorly reasoned nonsense.

Man, I have no idea where you live (Arlen, TX?), but if I'm ever in your neck of the woods the drinks are on me. Every time I go to post something in here I see that you've already saved my thumbs the hassle of typing it all out by saying it all first :lol:

So question. Is there anything Kanye can do to rectify what he said in your mind? If there isn't why are you still giving this energy

Daz put the crips on ye? :lol: man we our own worse enemy. Nobody taking that **** seriously, y’all wanna mob up on Kanye allegedly but George Zimmerman walking around chilling.

I don't think any gang can make it to Calabasas. That area is so foo-foo she-she that the slightest sense of fear from a local will result in a phone call to the police.

I mean, I've seen rich folk come out of their house to write down the license plate number of a car they thought was "suspicious”.....it was just a Hispanic cleaning lady waiting for her work day to begin.:smh:

I was reading excerpts from People and E! Online who are the direct feeding mouthpiece of the Kardashians and they mentioned how Kanye is manic right now. Homeboy is definitely bipolar. They all know. What's going on is very calculated.

That Roots actor also said he believes what's going on with Kanye is a brain chemistry imbalance and he is hypomanic right now.

Another question...some here said they don't think Kanye is a musical genius in his genre. So what's a musical genius to you? Why is Kanye not up to that level to you ?

By the way I am not a Kanye stan at all and do not own his albums. But I will enjoy some of his music and art and think he is a musical genius.

You can still not like a musical artist and think they are genius in their craft.

The more I think about this, I'm kinda regretting that I gave this so much attention. (I guess it was disappointed fan in me.)

Now I just feel bad for dude. Clearly he ain't right in the head, and being upset with someone who's mentally unstable is pointless. Dude is surrounded by yes men and his enabling p.o.s wife and "family". That's sad. I'm surprised Cudi of all people isnt sitting dude down and trying to save him.

I still can't rock with him while he's talking crazy and pushing this white supremacist agenda though. Just gotta wish him the best and keep it moving.

Another question...some here said they don't think Kanye is a musical genius in his genre. So what's a musical genius to you? Why is Kanye not up to that level to you ?

By the way I am not a Kanye stan at all and do not own his albums. But I will enjoy some of his music and art and think he is a musical genius.

You can still not like a musical artist and think they are genius in their craft.
Any form of art and the word genius are an oxymoron. There’s is no such thing as a ______ genius. I can spend a year composing a symphony or a day banging things out on frooty loops and it is all up for interpretation. Same way people look at paintings and see random splashed of color while others see a masterpiece.

With that said a lot of credibility is left on the table when it comes to modern music becuase whole teams come together to create something for one person to take credit for. Throw in the pay to get played nature of the music business and honestly I don’t know what to think anymore. People who back in the day (old man rant I guess) would get laughed at to death for their “skill” and persona thrive today. Music now is about selling so much more than, well, music. It’s like just a commercial to whatever else they have going on. Regional sound is pretty much gone, record companies playing your turn my turn for release dates. **** is not the same

Last edited:
Any form of art and the word genius are an oxymoron. There’s is no such thing as a ______ genius. I can spend a year composing a symphony or a day banging things out on frooty loops and it is all up for interpretation. Same way people look at paintings and see random splashed of color while others see a masterpiece.

With that said a lot of credibility is left on the table when it comes to modern music becuase whole teams come together to create something for one person to take credit for. Throw in the pay to get played nature of the music business and honestly I don’t know what to think anymore. People who back in the day (old man rant I guess) would get laughed at to death for their “skill” and persona thrive today. Music now is about selling so much more than, well, music. It’s like just a commercial to whatever else they have going on
Ok I can rock with that opinion. So to you there's no current musical genius in their craft ?

Like to me Prince was a musical genius. Dude did EVERYTHING. But to me Kanye is a musical genius for what he does in his genre.

Kanye was heavily into producing before he started rapping. The transition from producer to rapper and doing both. The fact he dabbles outside the mainstream sound of that genre at the time. I see him as a visionary and ahead of the genre sound. I find him avant garde and he takes risks. Like each album transitioned to different content and sound. It's outside the box of the genre. What other hip hop artist transitioned to that extent? Let's not forgot how he also thrived in fashion. Very multidimensional in his art.

You can even tell the change and his spiral showing in his music especially since the 808s album up until TLOP. It is an extrapolation of his life and psyche and the fact it shows in his art and he can create this vision to the public.

We can't deny the influence of the 808s album too. It heavily influenced the direction of J. Cole, Drake, etc.

But then again, genius and likeness of art is all up to taste and eye of the beholder.

I find him very passionate in what he does and it is most likely due to his mania. It is said when he gets in these phases he works non stop with no sleep. He becomes that too enthralled in his art. Manic phased people feel beyond what we do and they go to crazy places in their mind.

As for Kanye, in my opinion, there's a fine line between madness and genius.

Back
Top Bottom