Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

Sometimes I feel like you dont even be listening. :lol:. Hes done way more than 10 beats in the last 10 years

Sure he has, he didn't do a lot of the beats on his last three albums. He doesn't do beats for other artists like he used to do. Don't show me production credits cause that doesn't mean he did the beats. Over the years a lot have people have talked about him not doing beats on his albums.

If it's true people bring him beats and he improves upon them, does that not make him a master of the craft?
It's like when you go to the dentist, Dentals assistants prep you, clean your teeth, do a scrape here and there. But it's the actual dentist who go in and do the real work, find the problems and fix them.
Would that not be relatable in this conversation?

Sure he has, he didn't do a lot of the beats on his last three albums. He doesn't do beats for other artists like he used to do. Don't show me production credits cause that doesn't mean he did the beats. Over the years a lot have people have talked about him not doing beats on his albums.
That kind of goes back to what some people were saying a few pages back though.
When you're this deep in the game, You don't always have to write your own lyrics, do your own beats.. etc.
A lot of Rappers that have been in the game for a long time have talked about that. ( I believe diddy and snoop have in interviews, possibly Jay Z in one or 2 interviews)
Ghost writers, Ghost producers keep some Artist in the game spitting fresh lines... and that's ok . That doesn't take away to what they bring when they bring it. which is not different than him doing something to earn a production credit.

D5AEA360-5894-49F4-A99A-53A4F0D75195.jpeg

“Get over it”
“Bury it already”
“Slavery was a long time ago”
“Things are different now”

"we (black people) have no enemies" while people like Blankenship surge in the polls.

total ignorance of the actual reality

When the beat drops tho on FSMH.. One of his best beats in a while.

To be honest that would have been a fire track for Cudi to put verses on

When the beat drops tho on FSMH.. One of his best beats in a while.

To be honest that would have been a fire track for Cudi to put verses on

First time I heard it when it played at MSG I thought it needed a 2Chainz feature.

Son coulda said them scoopidy poop bars on there and it woulda been banger. Anything other than what he did...

I'd say Kanye, like Puff, Steve Jobs etc were visionaries. They can see the final product and gather the right experts to get it done. Of course the ideas don't always work out. I don't know if i'd label visionaries genius, but that's completely subjective.
Steve Jobs refuses a life saving cancer surgery

There is NO redemption from what he said. That’s the correct answer

100% Truth. Some things in life just can't be forgiven or forgotten.

THIS. the redemption thing is very binary and i think most people are still gonna listen to the music and what not but will kinda have a different respect for him now when it comes to non-music things. like he made it very, very clear he's not CD kanye anymore. the redemption thing is also kinda stupid because its like he committed some crime. he just exposed himself as being very out of touch and straight up stupid. not sure redemption really applies here.

Tap dancing and ****ing is a crime in the black community champ.

Sounds good to me.

TNC brought the hammer down. I think we’re all done here now. This idiot didn’t even know what the travel ban was

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2018/05/im-not-black-im-kanye/559763/

“In his visit with West, the rapper T.I. was stunned to find that West, despite his endorsement of Trump, had never heard of the travel ban. He don’t know the things that we know because he’s removed himself from society to a point where it don’t reach him,” T.I. said. West calls his struggle the right to be a “free thinker,” and he is, indeed, championing a kind of freedom—a white freedom, freedom without consequence, freedom without criticism, freedom to be proud and ignorant; freedom to profit off a people in one moment and abandon them in the next; a Stand Your Ground freedom, freedom without responsibility, without hard memory; a Monticello without slavery, a Confederate freedom, the freedom of John C. Calhoun, not the freedom of Harriet Tubman, which calls you to risk your own; not the freedom of Nat Turner, which calls you to give even more, but a conqueror’s freedom, freedom of the strong built on antipathy or indifference to the weak, the freedom of rape buttons, ***** grabbers, and **** you anyway, *****; freedom of oil and invisible wars, the freedom of suburbs drawn with red lines, the white freedom of Calabasas.”

Last edited:
“In any case what will remain is this—West lending his imprimatur, as well as his Twitter platform of some 28 million people, to the racist rhetoric of the conservative movement. West’s thoughts are not original—the apocryphal Harriet Tubman quote and the notion that slavery was a “choice” echoes the ancient trope that slavery wasn’t that bad; the myth that blacks do not protest crime in their community is pure Giulianism; and West’s desire to “go to Charlottesville and talk to people on both sides” is an extension of Trump’s response to the catastrophe. These are not stray thoughts. They are the propaganda that justifies voter suppression, and feeds police brutality, and minimizes the murder of Heather Heyer. And Kanye West is now a mouthpiece for it.”

TNC brought the hammer down. I think we’re all done here now. This idiot didn’t even know what the travel ban was

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2018/05/im-not-black-im-kanye/559763/

“In his visit with West, the rapper T.I. was stunned to find that West, despite his endorsement of Trump, had never heard of the travel ban. He don’t know the things that we know because he’s removed himself from society to a point where it don’t reach him,” T.I. said. West calls his struggle the right to be a “free thinker,” and he is, indeed, championing a kind of freedom—a white freedom, freedom without consequence, freedom without criticism, freedom to be proud and ignorant; freedom to profit off a people in one moment and abandon them in the next; a Stand Your Ground freedom, freedom without responsibility, without hard memory; a Monticello without slavery, a Confederate freedom, the freedom of John C. Calhoun, not the freedom of Harriet Tubman, which calls you to risk your own; not the freedom of Nat Turner, which calls you to give even more, but a conqueror’s freedom, freedom of the strong built on antipathy or indifference to the weak, the freedom of rape buttons, ***** grabbers, and **** you anyway, *****; freedom of oil and invisible wars, the freedom of suburbs drawn with red lines, the white freedom of Calabasas.”

“Freedom to be proud and ignorant”

“Freedom without responsibility”

Very accurate.

Back
Top Bottom