[[...Kanye West x Dwele x 'Power'...(FULL) vol. Mastered version is out. ]]

lupe can make any kinda song he wants to, he just chooses not to

hip hop saved my life was a monster too, i don't know if he used it as a single tho

he's not as marketable by his own choice of direction

Ok, maybe I was wrong bout' the Lupe being "bigger" than RickyRozay...

BUT, wait. Rick Ross doesn't have an oversea fanbase. People know Lupe ALL OVER THE GLOBE!

Originally Posted by All Ready

hip hop saved my life was a monster too, i don't know if he used it as a single tho

yea it was like his 3rd single or somethin... good song but it wont get u any album sales...

lupe isnt meant to be marketable... thats y atlantic should just drop his album anyway... they're not gettin another gold album out that %*%+$...

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

yea it was like his 3rd single or somethin... good song but it wont get u any album sales...

lupe isnt meant to be marketable... thats y atlantic should just drop his album anyway... they're not gettin another gold album out that %*%+$...

if they actually handled it correctly and not treated it the way they did, Lupe def couldve went gold again. its too late for that now tho. tracks keep leaking and the buzz for his album is slowly declining day by day 
smh.gif

im beaming was never big enough to attain him gold...

and that was probably the best they had as far as singles... probably why the album still has no date because they want him to crank out a few more single type tracks...

shining down wouldnt really cut it either...

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

BUT, wait. Rick Ross doesn't have an oversea fanbase. People know Lupe ALL OVER THE GLOBE!

Oh no. Now this overseas money argument again.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

if they actually handled it correctly and not treated it the way they did, Lupe def couldve went gold again. its too late for that now tho. tracks keep leaking and the buzz for his album is slowly declining day by day 
smh.gif

They treated the album like they did because Lupe has no buzz. His singles haven't done $%!. Atlantic is waiting for Lupe to get some buzz so they can drop the album but he's never gonna get it because he doesn't have another crossover hit in him. Lupe is a great rapper. Not taking anything away from him. But Talib Kweli is also nice. I don't see him going gold and neither can Lupe. I think Lupe could've been more bigger mainstream but they didn't capitalize off of The Cool. Paris Tokyo should've never been a single. I would've probably went with Put You On Game right after Superstar to get him some play on urban radio.

Now they're over here reaching for a single to be as big as Superstar and its not gonna happen. Its the same reason why Juelz album ain't dropped and Chamillionaire's albums ain't dropped. Everybody looking for a #1 hit again and I don't think its gonna happen. Just drop the album and hope word of mouth generates buzz.

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by rocyaice

I mean, Ross may get more radio play, but Lupe definitely has a more loyal and powerful fanbase. Dude routinely tours and sells out shows, whereas Ross doesn't even perform.
Lupe has the worst type of fanbase they will show up to his shows but download his album. He has that same fanbase the Clipse and Joe Buddens have. That's a terrible fanbase because in reality they aren't loyal at all.
Lupe is getting more money than Ross, still think that's a bad fanbase?

How did you come to the conclusion that Lupe is getting more money than Rawse? I'm just curious. Because I know you're not the accountant of either one. And chances are you haven't seen either of their bank statements so how did you come to this conclusion? Not even saying if you're wrong or right just wondering. I do know though that Lupe's fanbase don't purchase albums and The Cool went gold strictly due to the crossover potential of Superstar. That's something Rawse has never had in his career yet he keeps stringing out these gold albums.

And yea I still think Lupe's fanbase is terrible. Its the worst fanbase to have. When Lupe told them he wasn't familiar with Tribe Called Quest them dudes almost jumped ship.
laugh.gif

Even if this isn't the official single, I really like it. The beat is crazy, especially the breakdowns. Plus Iam glad he letting Dwele get some well needed exposure, dude is a musical genius...

Y'all really enjoy arguing over nothing...

Originally Posted by BigTy23

Even if this isn't the official single, I really like it. The beat is crazy, especially the breakdowns. Plus Iam glad he letting Dwele get some well needed exposure, dude is a musical genius...

Y'all really enjoy arguing over nothing...
nobody's arguing... we're having a civil discussion (rare) about who would better fit as a feature on his single...

nobody's arguing... we're having a civil discussion (rare) about who would better fit as a feature on his single...

The funny thing is, this is Kanye West, he can have who
ever he wants on a single and it will still be a smash hit.

Originally Posted by Tito516

Always loved this track lil wayne in it. Huh song... have not heard the power yet but um must sound ok verse sounds great chorus and lyrics as read and appreciated .be right back..

roll.gif
roll.gif
son never fails

::

The Clipse and Lupe Fiasco each have very niche fan-bases.

Most of NT falls in either or both,
so it's hard for *most* of yall in here to see outside of yourselves
and realize the majority of the world really can't be bothered with them.

Even a lot of the die-hard underground "real" hip-hop heads don't even mess with Lupe,
which was definitely a shocker for me when I first begun seeing more and more of that appear to be true.

::

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Oh no. Now this overseas money argument again.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

smh.gif

They treated the album like they did because Lupe has no buzz. His singles haven't done $%!. Atlantic is waiting for Lupe to get some buzz so they can drop the album but he's never gonna get it because he doesn't have another crossover hit in him. Lupe is a great rapper. Not taking anything away from him. But Talib Kweli is also nice. I don't see him going gold and neither can Lupe. I think Lupe could've been more bigger mainstream but they didn't capitalize off of The Cool. Paris Tokyo should've never been a single. I would've probably went with Put You On Game right after Superstar to get him some play on urban radio.

Now they're over here reaching for a single to be as big as Superstar and its not gonna happen. Its the same reason why Juelz album ain't dropped and Chamillionaire's albums ain't dropped. Everybody looking for a #1 hit again and I don't think its gonna happen. Just drop the album and hope word of mouth generates buzz.

I mean, Ross may get more radio play, but Lupe definitely has a more loyal and powerful fanbase. Dude routinely tours and sells out shows, whereas Ross doesn't even perform.
Lupe has the worst type of fanbase they will show up to his shows but download his album. He has that same fanbase the Clipse and Joe Buddens have. That's a terrible fanbase because in reality they aren't loyal at all.

How did you come to the conclusion that Lupe is getting more money than Rawse? I'm just curious. Because I know you're not the accountant of either one. And chances are you haven't seen either of their bank statements so how did you come to this conclusion? Not even saying if you're wrong or right just wondering. I do know though that Lupe's fanbase don't purchase albums and The Cool went gold strictly due to the crossover potential of Superstar. That's something Rawse has never had in his career yet he keeps stringing out these gold albums.

And yea I still think Lupe's fanbase is terrible. Its the worst fanbase to have. When Lupe told them he wasn't familiar with Tribe Called Quest them dudes almost jumped ship.
laugh.gif
let's be real. where is Ross getting money from? Album sales? Artists don't make *#$% off albums anymore. Lupe makes upwards of 40k anytime he plays a show. Lupe tours A LOT. it's simple math. Lupe doesn't have to sell albums to make more money than Ross, he's already caking off touring.

^ Ross gets the bigger venues though. Pretty sure cities aren't lining up to have Lupe Fiasco perform at their local summer jams...Rawse on the other hand is perfect for those shows.

the problem with Lupe isn't music....it's substance and content....no modern day record label is gonna give anything different a shot. But I think the role of the record label as the middle man of handling and showcasing our art is slowly fading.

Not only that Lu' tours all over the world. Ross, doesn't I love both but Lu'>Ross

cats on here def undercutting lupe based off one damn nt'ers opinion

concert tickets cost more than buying a cd anyway

pretty sure lupe is doing just fine

Kinda 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 How this came to be.
Kanye West has aligned a murderer's row of producers for his forthcoming album, including Pete Rock, the RZA and Q-Tip.

But "Power," the first track to emerge from the Chicago MC's highly anticipated LP, wasn't produced by one of the aforementioned acclaimed beatsmiths. Instead, underground producer Symbolyc One manned the boards for the number.

The Dallas-based producer (a.k.a. S1) has previously worked with Ghostface, Slim Thug and Chamillionaire, but he's hardly a household name.

"The way it came together, I work with Rhymefest," S1 told MTV News about the song, referring to another Chicago MC. "I did like four joints on his album. And one day, out the blue, I got a text from Rhymefest that said, 'Kanye is loving your stuff. He said he's about to change your life.' Two days later, I got an e-mail that said my flight to Hawaii [where West recorded much of the album] leaves in three hours! So I was on a flight, and it just happened like that. I went down and stayed for like two weeks, banged out some joints.

"The 'Power' joint that we did, it was actually a track that I already made and gave to Rhymefest, and he just so happened to play it for Kanye in the studio and he loved it. So when I got out to Hawaii, Kanye had already recorded to it."

A month later, S1 returned to Hawaii and heard "Power" again, this time with more "polish" added by 'Ye, who co-produced the song. However, S1 picked the sample that drives the record: a snippet of British progressive rock band King Crimson's "21st Century Schizoid Man."

Initially, he didn't think West would be interested in the beat, because a drum break resembles a sound the rapper already visited on "Crack Music," a song from one of his previous albums.

But West showed a heavy interest in the song, and used it to fire back at his detractors: "I'm living in the 21st century, doing something mean to it," 'Ye raps on the first verse. "Do it better than anybody you ever seen do it/ Screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it/ I guess every superhero need his theme music."

"It was incredible," the producer said. "We would just listen to the joint in the studio over and over, with the lights turned down and these layers of lights on in the studio. And we would bang it loud, over and over."

In addition to producing, S1 is a part of a trio billed as the Strange Fruit Project, who have been releasing material since 2004.

Their next project A Dreamer's Journey — which S1 described as "alternative hip-hop" — is set for fall release; he and his production parter Caleb oversaw all the material.

In the meantime, S1 said he's fielding phone calls and learning as much as he can from West.

"They kind of welcomed me into the family," S1 said. "I've been doing a lot of work with him. He's just a good dude. He has a super-good heart. He really took care of me and made me feel like a part of the family. And I'm so grateful for the position he's put me in right now."

Back
Top Bottom