Kanye's best album??? vol. aaw here it goes

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

He's 5/5 with solo albums but I give it to -

Kanyewest_collegedropout.jpg

With this as a close 2nd -

Late_registration_cd_cover.jpg

As much as I love College Dropout, I'm going to have to go with MBDTF. A flawless piece of work from top to bottom.

Late Registration dookies on College Dropout, and i mean that in the most respectable way possible.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by niquefreak94

CD... how u say 808s does nothin for u then say MBDTF is his best album?

yall smoke crack

...it's a very simple concept.
i don't like the beats or his "singing" on 808s.

i love the beats, features, and like most of his verses on MBDTF. 

your musical opinion isn't fact bro...mine differs. it's okay man. 

fight me
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

you're funny man. i %%+@ w/ you. 

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Originally Posted by Beast4ya

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

kanye-murakami.jpg
i thought this was his most trash album.... there were way to many forgettable songs to me
sike...all of Ye's albums have seemingly shifted the game, but this one ABSOLUTELY CHANGED IT...and not only music wise either...his style at the time, the performances he was putting on, GITD...this is one of hip hop's most important album...

Agreed
pimp.gif

Boggles my mind how people say Graduation. Its actually a great album but his weakest IMO.

It's a toss up between Late Registration and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Possibly Late Registration. One of the only albums that ever BLEW my mind away at first listen. I remember I couldn't believe how amazing it was back then. Good times! NT was going crazy over it.

I usually hate categorizing his albums though. His catalog is so @$+*+%' phenomenal. As a whole, its possibly the best out of any rapper, ever.

...it's a very simple concept.
i don't like the beats or his "singing" on 808s.

i love the beats, features, and like most of his verses on MBDTF. 

your musical opinion isn't fact bro...mine differs. it's okay man. 

fight me
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

you're funny man. i %%+@ w/ you. 

TIME was serious... don't be tryin to laugh... catch the fade...
Nique x TIME beef?... emo diss tracks?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Imma go with CD... I heard it years after it released tho... I remember my cousin got a used Xbox and the hardrive had two unknown albums on there... One was Graduation and one was CD.
I was BLOWN AWAY listening to CD
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
I went home and copped all his albums up to that point on iTunes... Changed my life... srs. Thank you Yeezus. One of my favorite rappers EVER!!!

Sidenote: all his albums are great, but Graduation might be my least favorite..

LR > Graduation > College Dropout > MBDTF > 808's and Heartbreak

Not to say 808's was a bad album tho cuz I always !%%#%% with it heavy

i honestly don't know.

i flip flop so much, depends on my mood.

favorite song is Street Lights, though.

i'm a dreamer. it speaks for dreamers.

Late Registration or MBDTF
I have never finished 808s, it is that bad. I can't believe it gets this much praise. 

Comparing Kanye West albums is probably gonna be in the same category as who won the Jay-Z-Nas-beef in a couple of years... There'll never be a clear-cut winner as long as people still have musical PREFERENCES. 
I think that's why hip-hop is easily the greatest genre of all time.... at the same time i'm also going to add it's the worst genre of all time. Only this genre has so much competition between artists and other artists... but at the same time competition between artist's own albums. Other genres have this of course but not at the same extent or scrutiny as hip-hop music. Or at least not on Niketalk.

The best question to ask would be "what's your FAVORITE Kanye West album?"... You'll never get an answer asking a question like what's the best one. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'd have to go with 808's, although a lot of people didn't feel it because I guess it was too emotional/dark/depressing. To me, it was where he really took the art aspect of his music to the next level, along with showing a kind of vulnerability through out the whole album that he hadn't shown in depth on any other album.

1. 808's
2. C.D & L.R tied for second
3. Grad
4. MBDTF

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

As much as I love College Dropout, I'm going to have to go with MBDTF. A flawless piece of work from top to bottom.

this. but i put Late Registration right behind MBDTF. Jon Brion KILLED that album

Back
Top Bottom