KC Chiefs player kills girlfriend, then commits suicide at team facility

I think people arguing over the blame game have to think about this for one second. If she doesn't say a word to Belcher, are they both alive today?

The point is, she could have said some ****** up **** to dude. If you read through this thread I was bashing Belcher worse than anyone. Then I started to hear about the type of women that he was dealing with and took a step back.

You come home hungover (your fault), get mad at your girl for being out late (your fault), argue in front of your daughter (both at fault), get told something like "you have a little wiener and i wish Trey Songz got me pregnant instead of you," (her fault), kill her (your fault), kill yourself (your fault).

Obviously, people shouldnt expect someone to kill them over words, but words carry a lot of weight in this world for some reason. If some white dude called a black guy the n-word and the black dude snapped and killed him, some people may see the reason why.

Again, I'm not saying either situation is justified, but I "see the reason why" dude may have snapped. Doesn't change the fact I think he had a uterus for a reproductive organ.

This is so warped to me.

Words.

Gunshots.

I know, "I said neither situation is justified" and "people shouldnt expect someone to kill them over words" but unless it comes out that she threatened his life physically, ALL of the blame is on him. There's no reason why.

By all accounts, dude snapped and went to a place you can't return from by killing her, shooting her MULTIPLE times. That's not some getting heated beyond belief and pulling the trigger without fully thinking. That's a killer, I'm making sure you're dead type action. No way you can convince me otherwise and there's no excuse, justification or thing she could've said unless his or his family's life was truly in danger that matters.

If it was a woman killing a man, it'd be the same way. Shooting someone is serious ******g business and if you can do that without it being absolutely necessary, kill or be killed, that's something inside your head. What she said has nothing to do with it.

I wouldn't give the dude a high five but if he snaps and punches her out of anger instead, that's one thing. Getting a gun and repeatedly firing is next next level.

:smh: at these people trying to run her name through the mud. She just had a baby three months ago. Her head was probably just as messed up as his with all those hormonal imbalances after childbirth. I also heard they had financial trouble. Dude gets paid 1.9 mil and buys a Bentley. I hate to count another mans money but it ain't hard to figure out why he was going broke

In the end, puttin 9 in her and kissing her forehead as she leaks is some sic made killer ****. Period! No blame be shifted anywhere! No matter what the case is. Dude is a cold blooded KILLA! Pardon me..."was" Not to mention his type of employment is pretty violent also. I'm looking at the situation from all different angles, and if you take out the fact that he was a nfl player y'all would want him locked up for life yo. Death row! So I can't even see we're the rational of maybe this n maybe that comes from. Regardless of how ruthless chick was with words! It don't matter how in the hell she spoke to him!!!!! If dude was really that unstable mentally then someone else is to blame really. Somebody had to kno n didn't take action. Maybe moms was in town cause she knew son was bout to snap? 9 shots is some 100% hate tr**** pullin. Now Suppose that's ya child's moms....smh. If any of you nt brethren feel violent in that manner toward women Betta check ya self! It will Neva be worth it..

mean.gif
at these people trying to run her name through the mud. She just had a baby three months ago. Her head was probably just as messed up as his with all those hormonal imbalances after childbirth. I also heard they had financial trouble. Dude gets paid 1.9 mil and buys a Bentley. I hate to count another mans money but it ain't hard to figure out why he was going broke
yea I was like whatttttt when I read that....

but dude was crazy......shoot your childs mother 9 times and then kiss her forehead....
sick.gif

:lol:

Brilliant.

Good luck to y'all and your mute females.

For real. Dudes need to chill with all that till more infomation comes out. Hearing about him punching a window cuz of a female sounds like dude just didnt know how to handle situations with females.

Last edited:
Listened to the call for like bout 26 seconds....no thanks! ill pass. 

It put some sort of guilt in me. 

mean.gif

mean.gif
at these people trying to run her name through the mud. She just had a baby three months ago. Her head was probably just as messed up as his with all those hormonal imbalances after childbirth. I also heard they had financial trouble. Dude gets paid 1.9 mil and buys a Bentley. I hate to count another mans money but it ain't hard to figure out why he was going broke
You guys don't even know the half of it. When the news first broke they said he drove his Bentley from 54th and Chrysler I just shook my head. That is the east side of Kansas City and not where all the other ball players live. Most live in or near Mission Hills Kansas which is west and the other side of the city. That car is about 2-3 x's more than the place he lived.

Also another thing this dude was questioned by police the day of the murder. A call was made of a suspicious vehicle that had been sitting for two hours with the lights on. Police arrive, knock on the window and find Belcher asleep. Ask him what he is doing he said he is waiting for his girlfriend to open the apartment for him. The woman talks to police and lets him up and dude stays the night and goes home at 6:30 to confront his wife.

You guys don't even know the half of it. When the news first broke they said he drove his Bentley from 54th and Chrysler I just shook my head. That is the east side of Kansas City and not where all the other ball players live. Most live in or near Mission Hills Kansas which is west and the other side of the city. That car is about 2-3 x's more than the place he lived.

I was thinking that same thing.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/05/3950111/belchers-daughter-to-receive-1.html

Jovan Belcher's daughter to receive $1 million
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

The estate or guardian of the infant of the Chiefs player who killed her mother before turning a gun on himself will receive more than $1 million under terms of the NFL's collective-bargaining agreement.

Jovan Belcher's 3-month-old daughter, Zoey, stands to receive $108,000 annually over the next four years, $48,000 in the fifth year and then $52,000 each year until age 18. She'll continue to receive that amount until age 23 if she attends college.

The beneficiary of Belcher, who was in his fourth season, also will receive $600,000 in life insurance, plus $200,000 for each credited season. There is also $100,000 in a retirement account that will go to his beneficiary or estate.

Players' beneficiaries are kept confidential.

The current collective bargaining agreement was ratified in August 2011.

Last edited:
nypost, so take it as you see it.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nation...source=SFnewyorkpost&utm_medium=SFnewyorkpost

Baby talk triggered NFL player Jovan Belcher's rage, leading to murder-suicide: sources

By JEANE MacINTOSH
Last Updated: 6:00 AM, December 14, 2012
Posted: 1:56 AM, December 14, 2012

EXCLUSIVE

The Long Island mother of Kansas City Chiefs football player Jovan Belcher told investigators her son argued with his girlfriend Kasandra Perkins over their baby’s paternity before he shot her dead and killed himself, The Post has learned. Cheryl Shepherd — who was in her son’s suburban Missouri home the morning he shot Perkins nine times — told investigators after the shootings that there were questions about whether the West Babylon, LI-raised linebacker was the father of the couple’s 3-month-old daughter, Zoey, said sources familiar with the situation.

“The mother believed that there was an issue over whether [Belcher] was the father,” said a source close to the Chiefs with knowledge of the situation.

“She said he [believed he] wasn’t necessarily the father of the child.”

A Kansas City law-enforcement source confirmed, “She told [police] there was a question about the paternity.”

It’s unclear if the paternity issue was the reason for the final, violent end of the troubled relationship between Belcher, 25, and Perkins, 22.

“But the implication was that [paternity] was what the two of them were fighting about — that the baby might not have been his,” a source said.

Belcher fatally shot Perkins at 7:50 a.m. Dec. 1 after a heated argument that started at 7 a.m.

Shepherd, who had been visiting the couple, called 911 after her son fled the bloody scene.

Before bolting, Belcher apologized and kissed the dying Perkins and their baby daughter good-bye, according to the Kansas City Star.

He then drove to his team’s practice facility and shot himself in the head in front of the team’s coach and the general manager.

Asked by a reporter this week to elaborate on details of the fight and the paternity comments made to police, a woman who answered Shepherd’s cellphone said, “There will be no comment.”

The woman, who declined to identify herself, said Shepherd “doesn’t have anything to say about that.”

The Chiefs had been providing Belcher and Perkins with counseling for relationship and financial issues, police have said.

Under the surviving-child benefit of the NFL’s collective-bargaining agreement, little Zoey stands to receive more than $1 million.

NFL players-union spokesman George Atallah did not respond to several calls or e-mails asking whether the payout plan was contingent on a paternity test.

The child is slated to get $108,000 annually over the next four years, $48,000 in the fifth year and then $52,000 each year until she’s 18 — or 23, if she attends college.

Belcher’s beneficiary also will get $600,000 in life insurance, a $100,000 retirement account and $200,000 for each season he played. Belcher was in his fourth season with the Chiefs.

A Kansas City police spokeswoman said the baby’s paternity wouldn’t be part of the department’s murder-suicide probe.

“That would not be something they’re going to investigate,” said Sgt. Marisa Barnes. “It’s a ‘he-said, she-said’ so there’s no way to investigate. It would be nothing more than a civil matter.“

Police are expected to wrap up their investigation and present it to prosecutors as early as this week, Barnes said.

The night before the fatal argument, Perkins had been to a concert with friends. Belcher went out for dinner and drinks with another girlfriend, and cops found him passed out in his Bentley outside her apartment complex at 3 a.m. Belcher went back into the building to spend the night after cops woke him up.

Belcher and Perkins started dating in 2010 after being introduced by her cousin, Whitney Charles, who is married to Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles.

Zoey was born in September, and Facebook photos show a beaming Perkins and Belcher showing off their bundle of joy.

But the couple’s relationship was rocky. Perkins returned to her native Texas around Halloween, and later briefly moved in with Whitney and Jamaal Charles, friends said.

By Thanksgiving, Perkins was back with Belcher in their modest, three-bedroom home.

Belcher’s mom has temporary custody of the baby, but a permanent guardian has not been named.

Perkins’ family — who brought Zoey to a Texas memorial for her slain young mom last week — indicated that they will be involved in her upbringing.

“We will raise Baby Zoey in the knowledge of the love from which she was born,” Perkins’ family said in a statement.

The “loyal, honest and trusting” Perkins, they said, “was dedicated to starting her new family and beyond excited about being a mother to her sweet baby.”

There was no mention of Belcher at the service.

Family members declined to comment on the paternity issue.

“There has been a disheartening amount of rumors and speculation surrounding the tragic loss of our Kasi,” the family statement said.

“No one will every truly know why this happened, nor is there anything to be said that could justify or ease our pain.”

Additional reporting by Amber Sutherland in Austin, Texas, and Tara Palmeri in Kansas City, Mo.

jeane.macintosh@nypost.com

Whether he was the biological father or not, there's no excusing what happened.
its easy to say that when it didnt happen to you tho, not saying that makes it ok. what he did was wrong point blank period

but your wife or GF tell you that the baby ant yours and see what thoughts come across your mind

its easy to say that when it didnt happen to you tho, not saying that makes it ok. what he did was wrong point blank period

but your wife or GF tell you that the baby ant yours and see what thoughts come across your mind

This. Yall cant imagine the feeling unless youve went through the same exact situation, which I can assume over 95% of the posters in this forum have not. I knew when I first heard this story, there wasso much more to it. Thats not excusing what he did cause obviously, thats unacceptable. But in a moment of rage, you can lose your sanity and **** like this happens more than you think. Its just this time, it happened to a professional athlete.

Y'all can miss me with the she wasn't no angel talk. Like I said earlier any dude who let's a chick push him to the point of doing her bodily harm is a sorry excuse for a man. There were so many ways to handle this that didn't include her being dead.

Men these days want no part of accountability.  Some of these comments in here are sad

So he was the one with somethin on the side, not her huh?

So now you all need to find a new way to pin this all on her? :smh:

Back
Top Bottom