KD X

Screen shot 2017-11-29 at 11.05.35 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2017-11-29 at 11.07.00 PM.jpg

Black KDX $75 on ycmc. Lots of sizes available just picked up a pair myself couldn’t resist.

Last edited:
It's been a while since I wrote an in-depth review here at NT, but I wanted to share my thoughts on the KD X after playing in them for 2 weeks now. As always, feedback and comments are welcomed!

Cushioning:
The air bag looks the same as the KD 9 but you can definitely feel a difference. While I enjoyed the bounce of the 9s, the 10s don't immediately feel that way when you step in them. The main difference being in the PSI for the bags - apparently the instability of the 9s were due to a higher volume in the air bags, and the 10s certainly feel more stable. I was one of many who experienced the bottoming out b.s. in one of the shoes of my 9s, so I'm glad to see the 10s kept that in mind when they constructed the zoom bags. Over time, probably after like 3 or 4 hooping sessions, was when I could feel the bounce again in the zoom. Before that, they were very stiff and I experienced some arch pain because of this. This is a shoe that definitely needs to have the cushioning broken in before you really feel the nice springy feeling upon hard0 landings and explosive take-offs. Give it some time and wears but you'll learn to love the zoom set-up.

the shoe, the upper does become more pliable and feels like it is molding to your foot, but the reinforcement on the knit just doesn't do it for me.

Traction:
I did not have any issues with traction, as the pair I had featured the gum soles. I noticed as I wore the shoe more and more, the outsole became less rigid, but this is also kind of detrimental because I feel like the traction is wearing pretty quickly when compared to the KD[/QUOTE

I'm so in love with how i bounce in the 9 even tho they may be unstable at times , but they are starting to go. I'm about to get the 10 a try. I already know they cushioning is firmer, but they bounce is still there? I've thrown down some of my best dunks in the 9s, I'm just wondering if I should go the Hyperdunk react low route? Because I love springy responsive shoes. All input welcomed!

Seeing a Blue/Black pair coming out Dec. 26 on FTL calendar, anyone with details? Also CNY pair looks good ^

Back
Top Bottom