Kelis claims Nas physically abused her

MalcolmNewton

formerly ironstark
fdrcuksvtm1pikibhbxv.jpg

During an interview with Hollywood Unlocked singer-turned-chef Kelis detailed the physical abuse she suffered at the hands of Nas during their marriage. Kelis described the marriage as tumultuous and abusive, so much so that she would walk around with bruises all over her body. Kelis said she decided to walk away from the marriage after she saw photos of Rihanna’s face after she was beaten by Chris Brown.

Kelis also spoke about the “highs and lows” the marriage had because of their alcohol use. “We had really intense highs and really intense lows. It was never normal. An intense high would be when money was rolling in. But I was 22 when I met him. We were drinking a lot, getting high a lot. So when that comes down, it was bad.” she said.

000.gif

I usually take the woman’s side on these things but something about this just doesn’t feel right

yall should probably wait till nas responds before you go accusing her of lying.
not sure how yall come up with your own conclusions about their relationship

Definitely not the type to lie on a man on some vindictive ****. Never that. And why now? Isn’t she getting like 50 racks a month from the god

So in the article

she states they beat on each other and that Nas isn't a good father

Sounds like Nasir has some responding to do.

My only question is why now? She said she was embarrassed by Riri's situation but then that would've been a more credible time to do it. When there wasn't a whole movement.

Now she drops these bombs, and at the tail end of #metoo.

I'm not saying Nas didn't do it, I just want to know why now? She was private all these years but why now? Is it to get back as Nas over some recent personal stuff? Catch a lil buzz for an upcoming project (like the one mentioned at the end of the article)? I just feel like celebrities use these true moments in order to plug for something else. And I can't help but feel that cheapens it.

So in the article

she states they beat on each other and that Nas isn't a good father

Sounds like Nasir has some responding to do.

My only question is why now? She said she was embarrassed by Riri's situation but then that would've been a more credible time to do it. When there wasn't a whole movement.

Now she drops these bombs, and at the tail end of #metoo.

I'm not saying Nas didn't do it, I just want to know why now? She was private all these years but why now? Is it to get back as Nas over some recent personal stuff? Catch a lil buzz for an upcoming project (like the one mentioned at the end of the article)? I just feel like celebrities use these true moments in order to plug for something else. And I can't help but feel that cheapens it.

and it's not like she hurting for bread either. Not counting whatever she gets from Nas, she gets her own bread too. She's no Carmen Bryant.

For those questioning why she waited until now, keep in mind that there alot of factors that go into a person coming out about being abused in any way shape or form. I'm not taking sides but anyone that has witness a woman going through that process of coming out about abuse is no joke. Kelis is a celebrity so anything goes but be sure not to have that same energy if you witness someone in real life going through that.

Back
Top Bottom