KENDRICK LAMAR: "GOOD KID M.A.A.D CITY"

You clowns hype this guy up way to much, Im from LA and i dont see whats so great about him? Yea he had a dope verse on Game's album i get it.
Carlito shoulda wacked your *** when he had the chance.
i will forever hate john leguizamo.. 
mean.gif

damn snake.

hearing alot of bad reviews from people who got the album already. i really hope he doesn't disappoint.

Must...not...listen...

ALSO,

shaq-face-3.jpg

@ Dre not contributing a single beat to this album. Ain't nobody trying to hear you recite Kendrick's bars :smh:

Last edited:
Here's the CDQ, Dirty link let loose by Kendrick himself on Soundcloud. Hit-Boy with another banger :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

Holding off on listening to anything else GKMC related until next week, but I'm really anxious to hear "Backseat Freestyle" since I've seen much mixed reviews about it.

I've seen the really positive reviews, then the reviews where folks say it's Kendrick's worst song. The 22nd gotta hurry up

Bad reviews saying what? What are they criticizing?

Album is definitely great IMO. The only thing I can say I don't care for is the hook on "Real" but I like the verses on the song.

The skits put the album together well

Production is top notch

He may have written his best verses of his career on "Sing About Me" IMO

Westside Right on Time wouldn't have fit the album to me so I take back what I said earlier.
Could've been a bonus though.

Album flows together so well

Last edited:
Just came up on some tickets to tomorrow's show in SF. Too bad I've only listened to a couple Kendrick Lamar songs, I do think he's dope though. Who's tryna give me a crash course on Kendrick and what songs and whatever I need to know.

Like I told you guys weeks ago "bACKSEAT FREESTYLE" is his commercial hit. The rest of the album does not have that sound or content. You have to hear the album in its entirety including the skits to get the track placement and songs. The album conceptually is essentially one message. Do not skip anything on your first playthrough and listen in the order of the track listing.

Like I told you guys weeks ago "bACKSEAT FREESTYLE" is his commercial hit. The rest of the album does not have that sound or content. You have to hear the album in its entirety including the skits to get the track placement and songs. The album conceptually is essentially one message. Do not skip anything on your first playthrough and listen in the order of the track listing.

Album is definitely great IMO. The only thing I can say I don't care for is the hook on "Real" but I like the verses on the song.
The skits put the album together well
Production is top notch
He may have written his best verses of his career on "Sing About Me" IMO
Westside Right on Time wouldn't have fit the album to me so I take back what I said earlier.
Could've been a bonus though.
Album flows together so well

I appreciate this feedback. Not really enthusiastic to hear that skits are the album as I generally loathe skits but I will see how it is put together with the album before I judge.

Haven't listened to anything so far. Gonna go in with a clean slate like Section 80 which caught me off guard.

So Stoked for tomorrow's show in SF. Only way I hear the album beforehand is if he plays stuff from it, which would be dope.

whoa, 28 pages? Havent seen THIS thread move to the next page so quick, got me thinking I need a plumber.

Back
Top Bottom