KENDRICK LAMAR: "GOOD KID M.A.A.D CITY"

Talk about the best album i've heard from a west coast artist since the documentary. Usually im not in the mood to the listen to concept albums, but this one really flowed well. I knew he was gonna explain about barely getting shot in this album, but to stretch to twelve tracks is dope as f. This album is very dark, but in a way that is still easy listen to enjoy. That pharrell beat is :x, im glad he doesn't
do everybody's tracks anymore. I would of liked kurupt rather than MC 8, but i guess you got to keep it Compton. S_ sometimes i wish he was from the chi like his peoples, because lord knows with need
balance with the Keef and Durks, but i guess time will tell, anyway as i digress 12 tracks no filler no commercial crap, even swimming pools flows well. Best album from a west coast rapper (MAINSTReaM) since documentary 10/10. Dre seems to sneak his way around when the dopeness in Compton comes around.

sidenote: lol @ keisha getting mad them for putting her name in they songs

3 n_ in one room the first time i was tossed :smh:

Last edited:
The beat change on m.A.A.d city tho.
dopest song imo

that flow from 0:38-0:52
sick.gif
mean.gif
pimp.gif

Kendrick Won! hands down this ish is crack
nthat.gif
every song flows, perfect, its cinematic, album of the year/ classic.. Poetic Justice that track itself ..who told him to do that?
nerd.gif

He tell's such a story in Sherane a.k.a Master Splinter’s Daughter. And I love sing about me. So much emotion in it. This album is Grammy music. 

Kendrick Won! hands down this ish is crack
nthat.gif
every song flows, perfect, its cinematic, album of the year/ classic.. Poetic Justice that track itself ..who told him to do that?
nerd.gif
Wow. Chill.

We must not be hearing the same thing. Album was cool. I just can't listen to this dude though. I don't know why. Something about his delivery just seems like its trying too hard. 

On top of that, Drake outshined Kendrick on his song. But thats another story. Dude almost made me think it was Comeback Season or something. 
laugh.gif
  ...like damn where'd that come from? 

And to the dude saying it was the best concept album out? I mean damn, did the Roots not release anything this year?  
laugh.gif

Last edited:
This is the best album complete album I've heard in a while, this **** flows together perfectly, you cannot enjoy this album by listening to half of it

This is a Classic in my book

kendrick lamar did something special here.....cinematic john singleton martin scorscese isssshhhh

yeah, this album is very special.. like dude said it definitely is a short film.

if you don't like it then that's on you.

Last edited:
Wow. Chill.

We must not be hearing the same thing. Album was cool. I just can't listen to this dude though. I don't know why. Something about his delivery just seems like its trying too hard. 

On top of that, Drake outshined Kendrick on his song. But thats another story. Dude almost made me think it was Comeback Season or something. 
laugh.gif
  ...like damn where'd that come from? 

And to the dude saying it was the best concept album out? I mean damn, did the Roots not release anything this year?  
laugh.gif
Preference Bro... Preference; as far as overall product, and meeting expectations and surpassing them, upon first listen, its a very very good album, The Yellow Album thats my definition of "cool" this though, this on Life is Good status to me.. and plus when has Drake ever had a bad verse? and w/ everybody calling him soft i mean dude has been bringing the heat, "Us" on The Black Bar Mitsvah... as far as concept I wouldn't say its the best concept album, but this is one dope a** album

I think it's very creative how he did the movie thing. Will be very awkward to listen to songs on shuffle.

I hope he does some type of video version...but that would ruin the novelty of it being a short film through audio.

Oh well. Will def be weird to listen to projects where it isn't done in a film format. Definitely feels a notch above other projects that have released in recent memory. Hasn't been out for more than a few hours so I don't wanna call it classic but . . . .

After a little analysis, I'm pretty sure it's from "Silver Soul". :smokin

You're right haha I listened to Silver Soul shortly after I posted what I said and I was like damn I got it wrong lol. So dope that he sampled it though :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom