Kendrick Lamar IS The GREATEST Rapper Of All Time (Vol. Hear Me Out. LOOOONG read)

Did I just see the name saafir??? The saucy nomad? Damn never thought id see the day when he was mentioned on NT.

Last edited:
When you're more famous for being carjacked in a movie than you are for your actual music guess what?

You will rarely if EVER get GOAT consideration.

Last edited:
These debates always revovle around commercial rap. What about MC's like Mikah 9, Wise from PRT, P.E.A.C.E. from FF, Saafir, G. Rap, CL Smooth... Lot of guys out there that are waaaay better than cats like Kendrick Lamar or a 2pac, Biggie.

G. Rap is the only guy you mentioned who deserves even a mention in a GOAT discussion

Last edited:
DRAKE raps about HEARTBREAK, TAKING YOUR GIRL & STRIPPERS...KENDRICK talks about the real issues that plague the BLACK COMMUNITY no other rapper out here doing that all that catchy stuff is cool but the all the greats NAS, BIG, PAC followed the MARVIN GAYE "WHATS GOING ON" route they spoke on personal issues & world issues....KENDRICK accomplished that especially with TPAB....

There are plenty of other artist who are discussing the same subject matter as Kendrick, but they aren't in the spotlight like he is.

Tru...matter fact I gave big pooch's new ep a spin yesterday and it was actually pretty dope. You would never kno tho cus he ain't a big name

Tru...matter fact I gave big pooch's new ep a spin yesterday and it was actually pretty dope. You would never kno tho cus he ain't a big name
Big Pooh's ep is a great project. You should check J-Lives new album too, it  dropped on Tuesday. His song I Am A Man (American Justice) is a great track.

Please tell me you got paid to write that.

Perhaps the greatest thing about Lamar, is his life performances. I saw him at a music festival last year, he was energetic, original, and commanded the stage. Mind you this is with 2 year old material. After that I def had a new respect for him.

Last edited:

Please tell me you got paid to write that.

Perhaps the greatest thing about Lamar, is his life performances. I saw him at a music festival last year, he was energetic, original, and commanded the stage. Mind you this is with 2 year old material. After that I def had a new respect for him.
He's coming to Summer Fest this year in Milwaukee so you saying that made me want to go to his concert even more. 

What, ya'll don't think Meek Mill raps about plights in the hood and crooked cops? He mention belaire rose and the rest in now null and void? Is it because its not on jazz instrumentation?

Last edited:
What, ya'll don't think Meek Mill raps about plights in the hood and crooked cops? He mention belaire rose and the rest in now null and void? Is it because its not on jazz instrumentation?
MEEK GLORIFIES THE STRUGGLE & THE ENVIRONMENT IT CREATES...PEOPLE ARE JUST TIRED OF THAT TYPE OF MUSIC MAN BRICK THIS BRICK THAT WHIPPIN IN THE KITCHEN, ETC NO NEED FOR THAT CLOWN **** ANYMORE....IT'S BORING NOW MAN YOU CAN LITERALLY KNOW WHAT A NEW RAPPER SONG IS GONNA BE ABOUT BEFORE HE STARTS RAPPING LISTEN TO THE BEAT....

Last edited:

I don't even know why I'm going to entertain this.

They're not saying the same things. Yes, there's mention of what's going on in the hood and the plight of a young black male from each MC, but Kendrick is making uplifting music. Music that black people can feel good about and music that takes you back to the 60s-70s when music was made to make you feel proud of your skin color and who you are.

Rappers like Meek Mill don't do such thing. They play up that image and glorify the guns and drugs and the degrading of women.

It's much more complex than "well they both speak about black issues."

Dude really said Meek :lol:. Meek is garbage bro. All that coke rap **** is tired, especially from dudes who never even did it.

Much rather here music from dudes like Kendrick, Cole, Krit and Wale than that tired b.s. about killing and f'in up our own communities.

Forreal I was good off Meek after he spit something about raping a chick. Artists like him are a cancer. Nothing he says is productive or thought provoking. Just straight ignorance looped over a trap beat.

Last edited:
Meek WAS on to something..
4 years ago.
He just forgot where he came from and just started bragging way too much. Lost all his mojo. The best 2 projects from the summer of 2011 was Dreamchasers & Section80

Dam man I went in order from the kendrick Lamar ep, to OD, to section 80, GKMC, TPAB

What an amazing catalogue.. Dude has been the same topic since. Except for the budden and free song which was kinda weak

Back
Top Bottom