Kentucky to Pass Law on Drug Testing for Welfare Recipeints. Thoughts.

btk

I think it should be a law in every state. How is it that potential employees are required to be drug tested before a job and welfare recipients don't get tested to get free money? 

Anyone against this?

http://www.huffingtonpost...ug-testing_n_810577.html

Spoiler [+]
food-stamp.jpg
bruh bruh

random huh?
if you want to make it equivalent to employees. test them when they 1st apply.

other than that, I don't know of too many jobs that randomly drug test their employees

Originally Posted by Nawth21

That won't get folks off drugs.

That's not the point. The point would be to stop our tax dollars from going to people who can't help themselves.

dirty, people in the healthcare industry have random tests...there are TONS of jobs that random test...

i actually have no problem with this....

although it seems discriminatory, i agree that some of the stipulations on recieving government assistance need to be tightened up

im also in favor of limiting what food stamps buy

i got into a discussion with some of my friends about a new ban on using food stamps to buy soda...

hell yeah, im all for a ban on soda when using government assistance...

if you cant afford to feed your family, we're not going to GIVE YOU garbage...

it should be produce, meats, dairy, eggs, etc.

kinda like WIC....you can choose the flavors and type of foods, but not the foods themselves...

cause imma admit, when i was on stamps when i was unemployed, i ate better than ive ever eaten

fresh produce, meats, veggies, high-priced juices, etc.

you shouldnt be able to cop lobster with stamps...escargo and filet minon....

or bad stuff, like soda and candy and trash....

Originally Posted by bilingue23

Originally Posted by Nawth21

That won't get folks off drugs.

That's not the point. The point would be to stop our tax dollars from going to people who can't help themselves.

nah, thats the point.

your wording is a little more harsh than it needs to be...

i think its a self-improving stipulation the government is adding...

which will help them cut numbers of people off, and force those that do need the assistance to also be of a sober mind and body....

like i said, i have no problems with it....

imma be salty if i get laid off again tho....lol

I made a post about this years ago.
I'm all for it even on a national level. Throw in unemployment too. And I currently find myself on unemployment after getting laid off but ide gladly prove I dont use the money for vices.

I think this is a great idea. Don't really see how anyone can be against it. If anyone can make a compelling argument against it, I'm all ears.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

when are going to learn that da war on drugs has been a utter failure though?
it HAS been, but that's because they never took approaches like THIS

instead of a task force, with raids.....

they're just gonna plainly say "we aint giving out assistance unless you clean"

way more effective way to stop people from using drugs...

i can't speak for ALL drugs, but weed definitely needs to be legalized...

the war on weed is so ridiculous....and wasteful...especially in this day and age...

man, imma need my post limit increased back to 100....cause yuku is cutting me short with these double posts...

DIRTY

I made a post about this years ago.
I'm all for it even on a national level. Throw in unemployment too. And I currently find myself on unemployment after getting laid off but ide gladly prove I dont use the money for vices.

30t6p3b.gif
 at Jefferson being on a Welfare anything...

30t6p3b.gif
 at Government demanding any type of DNA.

How about you stop enslavement Welfare altogether? People in this country are not serfs.

This isn't a war on drugs per se, this is a war on people who use YOUR tax dollars to purchase them.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by DoEBoiFreshsince88

SO THEY ARE GOING SPEND WASTE MORE MONEY TESTING PEOPLE FOR DRUGS = EPIC FAIL

basically.
the law is supposed to save millions.

im all for this. i go to school in a very poor community and i see people buying alcohol all the time with food stamps.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

im also in favor of limiting what food stamps buy

Having worked in a grocery store growing up, I agree with this.
that aint gonna work either, my moms for example buys EBT credit off people looking to cop what they want

for example if they get 100 dollars mom dukez hands em 60-70 bux cash money to circumvent any kind of blocks

Doesn't bother me ONE bit... forces people like *everyone I know* to prioritize and grow up. Heifer, you ain't broke. You smoke too much damn weed. You coulda bought a box of cereal for your dirty @%# toddler tho..
30t6p3b.gif

we know this, ninja.

also, the illegal purchase of alcohol with stamps wont change, to the other guy before ninja.

but back to ninja,

if they limit what kind of foods can be purchased with EBT, they will limit the amount of flipping food stamps...

for example, if i cant cop my fav junkfood, sodas, i.e. anything except fresh produce/meat/basic things....why would i be trynna buy food stamps?

people do it now cause look, i spend 150 at the grocery store a month, i can give HER this 150, and get 300 worth of food now...its great.

put limitations on it.

you dont see people selling their WIC vouchers, right?

i think stamps should be more WIC-like....

x oz of milk, x oz of cheese, x number of eggs, ex oz of formula, PERIOD

not a free-for-all, cop filet minon and lobsters type deal..

also, a more WIC-like approach would discourage the illegal purchasing of things other than food with EBT as well  

Originally Posted by Murda He

forces people like *everyone I know* to prioritize and grow up. 

this, as well.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

we know this, ninja.

also, the illegal purchase of alcohol with stamps wont change, to the other guy before ninja.

but back to ninja,

if they limit what kind of foods can be purchased with EBT, they will limit the amount of flipping food stamps...

for example, if i cant cop my fav junkfood, sodas, i.e. anything except fresh produce/meat/basic things....why would i be trynna buy food stamps?

people do it now cause look, i spend 150 at the grocery store a month, i can give HER this 150, and get 300 worth of food now...its great.

put limitations on it.

you dont see people selling their WIC vouchers, right?

i think stamps should be more WIC-like....

x oz of milk, x oz of cheese, x number of eggs, ex oz of formula, PERIOD

not a free-for-all, cop filet minon and lobsters type deal..

also, a more WIC-like approach would discourage the illegal purchasing of things other than food with EBT as well
Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom