Kevin Samuels Dead at 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
as long as the general "pop culture" conversation trends more towards kevin and less towards fresh and fit, i dont think anyone needs to fill his shoes.

i didnt agree with some of what kevin said but at the very least his cultural critiques were ones that he developed at least somewhat intellectually. most of the manosphere is just incel redpill talking points

Kevin essentially advocated for a jack and jill of America style of black america. he never really called it that by name but it was clear thats the archetype he was basing his critiques on.

while no one would deny samuels impacted the cultural conversation, i don’t think it really changed anyone’s views rather than just actually gave some light to certain perspectives; the thing i mostly learned from his rise is that women were largely ignorant of men’s desires (beyond the obvious one(s) 😂) meanwhile for me personally it was the commonality & ubiquitousness of the checklists women have…he crafted something around, supposedly, the frustrations of his ‘high value’ clientele but i don’t think his critiques were so removed from ‘redpill talking points’ he just dressed them up a bit…

while no one would deny samuels impacted the cultural conversation, i don’t think it really changed anyone’s views rather than just actually gave some light to certain perspectives; the thing i mostly learned from his rise is that women were largely ignorant of men’s desires (beyond the obvious one(s) 😂) meanwhile for me personally it was the commonality & ubiquitousness of the checklists women have…he crafted something around, supposedly, the frustrations of his ‘high value’ clientele but i don’t think his critiques were so removed from ‘redpill talking points’ he just dressed them up a bit…

I don’t think it’s any single persons job to change views, just add to the larger conversation in hopefully an intelligent way. You’ll never be able to control how how or where other folks take part in the conversation but that’s no one’s job either.

The greater discussion definitely showed me that not only has the women vs men dynamic changed from when I was single, the dynamic I knew and was used too probably wasn’t that typical.

I also from what it looks for average men AND women the odds of finding a partner if that’s what you’re looking for gets harder and harder the older you get

I don’t think it’s any single persons job to change views, just add to the larger conversation in hopefully an intelligent way. You’ll never be able to control how how or where other folks take part in the conversation but that’s no one’s job either.

The greater discussion definitely showed me that not only has the women vs men dynamic changed from when I was single, the dynamic I knew and was used too probably wasn’t that typical.

I also from what it looks for average men AND women the odds of finding a partner if that’s what you’re looking for gets harder and harder the older you get

not sure if odds are strictly tied to aging/stubbornness/being more set in one’s ways as is the accepted wisdom necessarily because people are still going to get together they just aren’t getting married, which could be due to a bunch of things…but it does seem (which could be the vocal minority?) like more men & women are increasingly unhappy with their mate and/or the(ir) selection of potentially available mates.

not sure if odds are strictly tied to aging/stubbornness/being more set in one’s ways as is the accepted wisdom necessarily because people are still going to get together they just aren’t getting married, which could be due to a bunch of things…but it does seem (which could be the vocal minority?) like more men & women are increasingly unhappy with their mate and/or the(ir) selection of potentially available mates.
I’d argue that people in general are more unhappy lol probably makes it harder to have relationships. Student loan debt, housing prices, polarized political landscape. Lots of things working to drive folks apart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom