Knee Pain!!!!! Vol. I need some outside answer before the doctor visit

Originally Posted by djkaos23

Hey fellow NTers. I have some questions about knee pain/problems. Well im having a hard time bending my knee. I have had enough spells of where it feels as if your knee just buckles and gives out that I've lost count. Just regular walking hurts, and i have constant pain in the dead center and upper right side of my knee. Anyone here experienced this and what did you find out and go thru as far as medicine, recovery surgery etc. I have a Dr's appointment tomorrow but just seeking some advice/info/tips from someone who may have gone through this before. Any answers/info is greatly appreciated. I'm worried i may have torn something and will require surgery which in turn take me off my job and puts me on disability (which sucks ***)
how old are you ? arthritis ? you play sports ? bball ? jumpers knee ? does it look like fluid buildup ? maybe you need to drain the liquid in your knee

Honestly, I used to have serious knee pains until I learned about the foam roller and my knee's have never felt better since I started using it about last year. 

Honestly, I used to have serious knee pains until I learned about the foam roller and my knee's have never felt better since I started using it about last year. 

Im 33 (well 34 in less than a month) Ive played ball most of my life but rarely in the last year or so. I work at Fed-Ex so im on my feet, running squatting lifting, up and down stairs 10 plus hours a day 5 days a week but in the last 2 month 6 days a week. Just getting in and out of my truck is 3 steps. Im thinking wear and tear from the job because i really dont remeber doing or having any trauma to my knee,]. It just started. Well about 2-3 months ago I had the first experience when i took my kids to see Rango. Sitting in the theater chair for an hour and a half staright and i stand up and i have this excruciating pain in my knee and im limping out of the theater. Now it eventually went away. Then on the 1st of this month (transformers weekend) i go to the theater again and transformers is longer. BAMM same thing knee pain like hell. It goes away again.

Now yesterday pain returns and hasn't stopped. Feels worst than ever experienced.

@minah86 I cant squat at all. getting up from a chair or couch hurts. I cant put a lot of weight on it either. Like i said in the topic im having constant episodes of the buckling knee, where it gives out and i almost fall.

Im 33 (well 34 in less than a month) Ive played ball most of my life but rarely in the last year or so. I work at Fed-Ex so im on my feet, running squatting lifting, up and down stairs 10 plus hours a day 5 days a week but in the last 2 month 6 days a week. Just getting in and out of my truck is 3 steps. Im thinking wear and tear from the job because i really dont remeber doing or having any trauma to my knee,]. It just started. Well about 2-3 months ago I had the first experience when i took my kids to see Rango. Sitting in the theater chair for an hour and a half staright and i stand up and i have this excruciating pain in my knee and im limping out of the theater. Now it eventually went away. Then on the 1st of this month (transformers weekend) i go to the theater again and transformers is longer. BAMM same thing knee pain like hell. It goes away again.

Now yesterday pain returns and hasn't stopped. Feels worst than ever experienced.

@minah86 I cant squat at all. getting up from a chair or couch hurts. I cant put a lot of weight on it either. Like i said in the topic im having constant episodes of the buckling knee, where it gives out and i almost fall.

take 2 aleve an 2 aspirin no knee pain for 16 hours

take 2 aleve an 2 aspirin no knee pain for 16 hours

again, look up apleys compression test..it's like a 30 sec vid on youtube. if you think that'll give pain, then it's quite possible that you may have worn out your meniscus pretty quick (given your history of sports, occupation, and off/on pain) and thus may have predisposed you to a torn meniscus. unfortunately, i believe the gold standard treatment for meniscal tears is arthroscopic surgery, unless you can live with it (which in your description seems like you can't)

again, look up apleys compression test..it's like a 30 sec vid on youtube. if you think that'll give pain, then it's quite possible that you may have worn out your meniscus pretty quick (given your history of sports, occupation, and off/on pain) and thus may have predisposed you to a torn meniscus. unfortunately, i believe the gold standard treatment for meniscal tears is arthroscopic surgery, unless you can live with it (which in your description seems like you can't)

Did you have any injuries to your knee when you were younger?

I had the same exact problems 7 years ago after a game of football, when someone went full-speed at my right knee.
When I would put weight on my knee and try walking, my knee would buckle up or it felt like my knee was going to fall apart.
So I couldn't walk for a week, and was limping for two more.

Well, I never went to the doctor because I tried being a "man" about it lol.
But now when I use the stairs my knee has a slight sharp pain and feels loose.
Also if I do any activity that involves a lot of bending knees, my knee starts to buckle up again.

I had the same exact problems 7 years ago after a game of football, when someone went full-speed at my right knee.
When I would put weight on my knee and try walking, my knee would buckle up or it felt like my knee was going to fall apart.

Also if I do any activity that involves a lot of bending knees, my knee starts to buckle up again.

When I was young I ran knee first into a wall running in my house. Other than that can't think of any trauma. I really gotta think about it. I'm going to have my wife help with that apleys test when I get home. At this current moment I got a knee brace/sleeve on and it ain't made a difference at all. Knee is just hotter lol but still hurts like hell.

When I was young I ran knee first into a wall running in my house. Other than that can't think of any trauma. I really gotta think about it. I'm going to have my wife help with that apleys test when I get home. At this current moment I got a knee brace/sleeve on and it ain't made a difference at all. Knee is just hotter lol but still hurts like hell.

dont go to the movies nomore op
but its most likely the wear and tear from your job
start icing your knees daily after work

dont go to the movies nomore op
but its most likely the wear and tear from your job
start icing your knees daily after work

the heat you feel is inflammation from irritation. i doubt running into the wall knee first as a kid has anything to do with it, especially if you didn't get pain until 20 years after that incident. anyway, be sure to be as descriptive as you were here to your doc so he gets a full history.

the heat you feel is inflammation from irritation. i doubt running into the wall knee first as a kid has anything to do with it, especially if you didn't get pain until 20 years after that incident. anyway, be sure to be as descriptive as you were here to your doc so he gets a full history.

Originally Posted by heavenlee777

did they hit you on the side of your leg?

Originally Posted by heavenlee777

did they hit you on the side of your leg?

Back
Top Bottom