Kobe 5 or 6

The 5s buy a small margin. If your gonna ball in Kobe's, I can assume your going to be playing indoors?
The only thing the 6s have over the 5 is traction and breathability. The 5s possess superior cushioning and lockdown.

kobe 5:better lockdown and court feel
kobe 6:better traction!! breath-ability, cushioning, durability, comfort

if you ask me, I ball in what I feel like on that day. it's hard to pick one
over the other. real damn hard. love them equally.

Originally Posted by phreshdude

i'll say the VI's are better

never.

V's>>>>>>>>>>>VI's

the Vs blow them away easily. im a die hard and competitive player and had 3 pairs of Vs and they are easily the best basketball shoes ever so far IMO. Had the VI's as well. cut and everything is nice but they arent even close to the performance shoe that the V's were.

they are both great shoes, and i had a hard time deciding, but i think the VI's are better simply because the traction is better.

the thing i like most about the V's is the ride. it's more "bouncier" than the VI's

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

kobe 5: better lockdown and court feel
kobe 6: better traction!! breath-ability, cushioning, durability, comfort 
i agree with this 100%

One thing I do not like about the V's is the sole separation. I don't know why but my soles keep detaching when I play in them after a few wears.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by phreshdude

i'll say the VI's are better

never.

V's>>>>>>>>>>>VI's

the Vs blow them away easily. im a die hard and competitive player and had 3 pairs of Vs and they are easily the best basketball shoes ever so far IMO. Had the VI's as well. cut and everything is nice but they arent even close to the performance shoe that the V's were.

This!!!

Originally Posted by sircharles59

What shoe is better for balling?Which has better traction and support?
Thanks in advance
They both share the same last and midsole cushioning setup. The VI's have a lower midsole height and the collar wraps higher on the ankle. The V's have superior lockdown and fit due to the skinwire, and more support because it is closer to the foot and has 7 lace holes compared to 6 on the VI. The VI's have better breathability and traction, and cushioning as well if you take into account the new memory foam sockliner. They both weigh the same. Its really a toss up, but ultimately traction wins out in the end, which gives the VI the slight edge over the V.

Originally Posted by ezpinoy

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

kobe 5: better lockdown and court feel
kobe 6: better traction!! breath-ability, cushioning, durability, comfort 
i agree with this 100%
i also agree with kobeoverbron.
for balling, both of these shoes are winners....it's just based on your game and feet. some peps feet feels better in the v than the vi and vice versa.

i've had better experience with the 6's. my 5's were great, but i somehow destroyed them (i'm 5'10-11 and 165. pretty much average for my size). i'm more of a shooter so i rarely make cuts (i be lazy) but i can run the floor. the paint chipped and smudged and the leather even peeled off on my right shoe, exposing the flywire.

first impressions of the shoe: hurt when i put them on, but broke in that same day. had the miles davis colorway if that matters (i believe they use patent leather???)

the 6's hold up real well. like many people say, the performance isn't too far different, but the fit is definitely more comfortable to me. as the insoles says, it definitely molds to my feet!

I say they fit the same but feel more stable. Im not sure if Im the only one here but the V felt rather flimsy...

Back
Top Bottom