Kobe 7 "SYSTEM" reviews

Kobe VI non-system >>>>>>> Kobe VII system. 

If the VI had the VII's traction, it'd be the perfect hoops shoe.

They sit pretty flush with the rest of the shoe.  They ride pretty well and the provide much better impact protection than the OG zoom bags IMO

Does anyone that have wide feet continue to get blisters on their arches? I've worn mine a good 10 times and continue to get huge dime to nickel size blisters on my arch. Has this problem stopped after more uses?

I love these shoes, much better traction than the vi. Also seem to be holding up better.

After playing in these for the second day in a row, for 2-2.5 hours at a time, I have started to develop a blister on the arch of my right foot. Compared to the ZKVI, these are noticeably heavier but more stable. I think it's due to the extra padding around the ankles and the more pronounced outrigger on the outside of the shoe, but I feel like there's less of a chance of me rolling my ankle in these compared to the VI. Another trade off is that I feel like these will hold up better than the VI, as some of you have mentioned before. My VIs were already starting to tear at stress points in the toebox after ~6 months of playing in them. Hoping these will hold up better.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

The more I play in the Kobe VII, the more I like them, you definitely need to wear thick socks with them though
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

glad some people are liking them more over time. I myself will probably get some
pairs in via outlets. I wouldn't mind getting a pair in that way.
It's not a bad shoe but it's not a very good shoe.

more colorways will be released in the next 6 months anyway so expect tons of
outlet finds later this year.

Keeping my eyes peeled for the del sol system.
pimp.gif

First time playing in these and I rolled my ankles going up for a layup smh. not a good first time experience for me
frown.gif

I've been wearing kobe's exclusively for competitive basketball for the past years... 4, 5 and 6. Never tried the 7 though coz of the bad rep, i really hope the elites will be much better coz i would get a pair or two to ball in even if it's a little pricey. 

Originally Posted by HHHornet15

After playing in these for the second day in a row, for 2-2.5 hours at a time, I have started to develop a blister on the arch of my right foot. Compared to the ZKVI, these are noticeably heavier but more stable. I think it's due to the extra padding around the ankles and the more pronounced outrigger on the outside of the shoe, but I feel like there's less of a chance of me rolling my ankle in these compared to the VI. Another trade off is that I feel like these will hold up better than the VI, as some of you have mentioned before. My VIs were already starting to tear at stress points in the toebox after ~6 months of playing in them. Hoping these will hold up better.

just curious, are you wearing the same size as the 6's? 
IMO, you need to go up .5 size on the 7's, no ifs, ands or buts. i wore 11.0 in the 6's, and i got 11.5 in the 7's. 

so far, after running in them and using them for a workout, they're fine. no pressure in my heal whatsoever. these shoes are NARROW. 

^
I guess the problem with going half up with these is the lack of heel lockdown.
The heel is fixed and will not move laterally but it tends to move up and down
which hurts when you run and stop.

So getting half up will increase that issue. That's the case for my feet though.
I had zero issues in the forefoot area and I have wide feet (went true).

All the issues are in the heel and the lace pressure.

I know some people on here have mentioned to "man up" with regards to that
but is that really the appropriate response? We're talking about top dollar here.
we SHOULD be getting our money's worth in quality, performance and durability.

no ifs no buts, it should be automatic. So if I'm a little nitpicky, I just spent $180 x 3.
the 4,5 and 6 were all cool out of the box and they were $130 below.

I'm about to make my first purchase of zk7's for basketball use. My regular size is 11.5 and will mos def need a 12 (wide feet) but will also rock ankle braces on both feet. Would it be suggested to go .5 size up or a full size? Any recommendation will be greatly appreciated. PM or reply. THANKS AGAIN

i would try on the shoes with your ankle brace.. take them with you to the store. it might sound stupid, but why drive back and forth..

yo AC, tried on a half up on the zk7s... you just might be right...
Will get them once they hit outlets.
Will be waiting for the del sols.

Ive been using the inserts from the elites in my del sols and concords, mos def a step up from the play fast, they feel incredible IMO.

I loved the Zoom 7 from the start and didnt have any blistering/heel slip issues if it matters...

Back
Top Bottom