Kobe advises '12 team would beat Dream Team

The 2012 Miami Heat are better than the '92 dream team

2012 Miami heat > 1992 Olympic dream team Barcelona
That 92 Olympic team played Angola, Croatia, lithuania....that's the competition?
Lebron James is better than anyone on that 92 dream team.

'12 Olympic team > '92 dream teamDurant, Melo, Kobe, Bron >>>> magic, Jordan, bird, Barkley

Cosine Larry bird being overrated....

Bird was the great white hope....jimmer freddette, Tim tebow...Amerikkka force fed us those lames

Larry bird was trash...

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I love how people always think athleticism is all thats needed.
laugh.gif

It only reinforces they don't know what they're talking about
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Charles Schwag

That 92 Olympic team played Angola, Croatia, lithuania....that's the competition?

'12 Olympic team > '92 dream teamDurant, Melo, Kobe, Bron >>>> magic, Jordan, bird, Barkley

Bird was the great white hope....jimmer freddette, Tim tebow...Amerikkka force fed us those lames

Larry bird was trash...
oh goodness
and whens the last time anyone on the 2012 team dropped 71 points in an NBA game?

Originally Posted by dreClark

A couple years ago when that dude dropped 81.

Kobe 
pimp.gif

But a 34 year old Kobe aint doing that against a 29 year old Mike, but I think David Robinson could do that against Dwight or Tyson.  And Malone/Barkley would absolutely torch Love/Griffin

I will admit, i HATED MJ.  He kept my Pacers out of the finals for so long.  I honestly dont know how anybody who is a fan of an Eastern Conference team is a Jordan fan

Hakeem Olajuwon is about as much of a Dream Team "Snub" as Dirk is to this years team
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hakeem was not a snub because in 1992, he was not a US citizen yet, resulting of not making the team.

David Robinson didn't drop 71 until 2 years after the Dream Team played, soooo.......

Bro none of these players are dropping 50,60,70 on anyone on the opposing team so idk where you're going with that
laugh.gif

Hakeem was not a snub because in 1992, he was not a US citizen yet, resulting of not making the team.

Tis my point

This '12 team is real talented, but the Dream Team would still do work. Just to much all around talent & experience at every position. We're talking some of the best players to every play those positions.

David Robinson didn't drop 71 until 2 years after the Dream Team played, soooo.......

Bro none of these players are dropping 50,60,70 on anyone on the opposing team so idk where you're going with that
laugh.gif

Tis my point
If Hakeem was on the Team they would be truly unstoppable ... the Dream Shake next to the Sky Hook are some of the most unstoppable shots in the history of the NBA .. and Hakeem was arguably better than David Robinson and Patrick Ewing when it was all said and done  

laugh.gif

Tis my point

My fault. Misread your quote.

Larry bird was trash...
lulz

'12 Olympic team > '92 dream team Durant, Melo, Kobe, Bron >>>> magic, Jordan, bird, Barkley

Larry bird was trash...
Not sure if serious. Yeah, Bird was a 3 time MVP and a 3 time champion, but it was all hype. Sure.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Dre takin time out his day to teach people things un-football related.  Saved me some typin homie, preciate that. 
wink.gif

I don't know about this constructed team vs 92 which was the pick of the litter minus the 12th man which should have been Nique or Isiah, but pull Chandler and some other guys and inset guys that WOULD be on this team, like Dwight, or D Rose, then yes, this team would absolutely give 92 all it could handle.  Dwight + Love would not struggle on the boards, oh and hey, maybe Lebron could help with that as well. 

Magic was solid, but 32 and comin off a missed season, Bird had to lay on his stomach all day when he wasn't shooting 3's, not sure he would enjoy playin Bron or Durant, Ewing and David were solid, but not like they would hold anything over Dwight, Pip and MJ were in their primes, no question, but so are most of this year's team minus Kobe really.  And Magic is my boy, but guardin Rose or CP3?  Or Russ? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Granted, them guarding Magic would be an issue size wise, but there's things the team could do to limit that. 

Too bad we'll never get a chance to see what something like this would or could look like.  Any basketball junkie would love to see the beauty of that type of game. 

They way that I feel is that this current team cannot beat the 1992 Dream Team despite Bird's injuries and Magic a year removed from the game. I just don't understand why people think that athleticism is the main component of success. The 2012 team have advantages at the small forward position and maybe the point guard position. To be honest, those advantages are not by much. As for Durant and Lebron, The most versatile defender in NBA History in Scottie Pippen would limit them a bit although he cannot stop them.

As for the 1992 Team, the advantages are shooting guard, power forward and center. The advantages of power forward and center is so big, you would actually be surprised. The 1992 teams power forwards and centers were VERY athletic.The main reason that the 1992 team would win is because of defense. The 1992 had two of the best perimeter defenders in history in Pippen and Jordan. Ewing and The Admiral would have protected the paint.

The 08 team could beat the Dream Team, not this one.... The 08 team is just far superior athletically
Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I don't really like comparing today's athletes with athletes from 20 years ago. 

I would think today's athletes would beat the Dream Team, but you have to give respect to that '92 team.
This basically sums it up for me. This thread is funny though as all the threads like these are.

To end all these arguments about players today vs. yesterday.

Let's ask ourselves if Magic and Bird trained and dieted like today's athletes what would that look like?

Imagine Wilt, Russell, and DR. J, with personal trainers...smh

Wilt would be a combination of D12, Hakeem, and Shaq.

Originally Posted by MARINADELREY

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
why do blacks hate larry bird so much?? 

What are you talking about?
30t6p3b.gif

I'm black and I LOVE Larry Bird.  I've gone on record saying I have times in which I've felt he was better than Magic.

Why are you generalizing?

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

I'm black and I LOVE Larry Bird.  I've gone on record saying I have times in which I've felt he was better than Magic.

Yea since when did "blacks" hate larry bird? & why would they even hate larry bird? 
laugh.gif
 #clown

Originally Posted by SosaP23

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Yea since when did "blacks" hate larry bird? & why would they even hate larry bird? 
laugh.gif
 #clown

but seriously, why do Ecuadorians hate Eduardo Najera?
najerawallpaper06.jpg

Larry bird was trash...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That does it. In my decade on this website, this is the WORST post I've ever read on this message board. I lost brain cells because of it. Congratulations.

Back
Top Bottom