Kobe Doin' Work (ESPN) - 8 p.m. EST

I hope the DVD has a lot more footage than what was aired last night.

It wasn't a very good documentary in a filmmaking sense. However, it was a pretty good look into the mindset of what Kobe sees and thinks during the courseof a game. I don't see how any person with good knowledge of basketball can't appreciate that aspect of the film.

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

did kobe rubbing his hands on his jersey every 2 seconds annoy anyone else?

lol. idk why, but it did.
never realized he did it so much until seeing the isolation of him like that.

It was annoying...

What exactly was Spike Lee's involvement with this project?

It seems like those rumors of Kobe demanding creative control were true.

Kobe OD'ed with the narrating and Spike spoke less than 5 mins in the entire thing

I figured this thread had reached 13 pages because of Kobe's "madd suspect" lines throughout the game...
laugh.gif

However, stuff like "Punish his !$#" and "Rub his !$#" ARE a little... strange.

All in all, the show was garbage and boring as hell.

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

I figured this thread had reached 13 pages because of Kobe's "madd suspect" lines throughout the game...
laugh.gif

However, stuff like "Punish his !$#" and "Rub his !$#" ARE a little... strange.

All in all, the show was garbage and boring as hell.
You do know the "rub" is a basketball play right?

His daughter doing the thriller dance at the end was hilarious

This was for the hardcore basketball fan...if you just kinda like basketball, it won't hold your attention

Originally Posted by bmorekicks

This was for the hardcore basketball fan...if you just kinda like basketball, it won't hold your attention
I found the exact opposite. A knowledgeable basketball fan will find this boring; a casual basketball fan may like it because it offers someinsight to the game.

why does kobe act like an adolescent 13 year old suburban-life female, with a rapist's voice?
also, i'm looking forward to spike's jordan project...if it ever happens

yea i had high hopes for this... Spike Lee let me down.... boring as hell.... I just kept waiting for them to be done with the game...

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Kobe doing work was the title they settled on? I though it was going to be...

*SLUUUUUUUURP* *SLLLLLUUUUUUURP* *SLUURP*
*GASPS*
*SLUUUUURP* *SLURP* *SLUUUURP* *SLLLLLLUUUUUURP*

No thanks, I don't like watching these slurp-a- thon I don't buy those Jordan DVD's I don't watch those NBA TV Larry Bird retrospectives. I like hearing story lines and about great players in NBA history but unabashed slurp a thons.
word
smh.gif
smh.gif

I think this is the NBA's way of trying to improve the publics perception of Kobe's crappy personality and make him seem more likeable so we can really believe the Lebron vs Kobe horse@#$ that they are trying to cram down our throats
I'll still watch it, but I'll keep my hate of this arrogant bastards to a minimum

Tru story, it's disgusting how people blindly poll jock kobe
smh.gif

and on the image note, anyone notice how much more air play Carmelo's ESPN commercial is getting?
Its like as soon as the Nuggets startin showing Playoff promise, they threw it back in rotation

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Wack....I was expecting the life of a NBA superstar and not a post-game analysis....

cosign, I just saw it now on my DVR, 20 minutes in, I had to shut it off, I was really expecting to see how he trains and prepares himself for the season, games, etc. I heard Kobe gets up at 3AM everyday to train, if that is true, now that would be something to watch.

but we have seen this before on NBA players i think spike was tyring to show us something different

I found it boring mainly because I was looking for something else, but I told myself I would watch the game today and pay A LOT more attention to Kobe, andhonestly that whole thing was an act.

I mean Kobe talks, but he doesnt talk that much, in the doc this bamma had the white board diagraming plays and standing up on the bench cheering everytimesomeone scored.

Today this dude isn't clappign for anyone, isn't tryign to call "jordy" down on the bench and give him words of encouragement or anything.

bassy's "through the fire" and espn "The Life" w/ lebron and even Mike Beasley online only show were all 5x better than this.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Originally Posted by bmorekicks

I found the exact opposite. A knowledgeable basketball fan will find this boring; a casual basketball fan may like it because it offers some insight to the game.

I kinda agree wit u...

beyond the glory and sportscentury about kobe show a lot more than this crappy documentary.. i dont know why everybody was hyping this to be the next bigdocumentary. cause it was made by spike lee? only movie he made i liked was he got game, but even that movie had moment when i was thinking, "what thehell??"

Back
Top Bottom