Kobe II in retrospect

Oh I get it! Since this is the Internet, if people around the globe got wind of Nike Talk and then the demo that is repped here, they would see that there areLARGE amounts of people, who don't consider this cat admirable. What if Asia got wind of America's indifference, most notably popular culturesindifference toward Kobe and his shoes? Since Asia is a big imitator of American Pop culture, then realizing that Kobe is anything but authentic, how wellwould his shoes and apparel do there?

Carry on with the Jack Johnson bashing, as there is a reason that I took on this name.

Originally Posted by Mister Jack Johnson

I am sure that in their attempt to become the next cat picked off of Nike Talk, one to aimlessly wander the halls of the swoosh, they find solice in likemindedness of their allies.

Now THAT was comical!
laugh.gif
Is that how it happens? Cause thatcertainly isn't how I got "called up" lol

I do play basketball, and have been in this marketing thing since I was a man Child wearin Tighty Whitey's. I am not blinded by he Swoosh, I am only hereto make it better. If Adidas came calling (first), I would be doing all things to make the Swoosh fall second in line within the Market. Yet Adidas has weirdStandards when it comes to hiring. Thats a given. If you even visit Portland you can see the VAST differences in Cultures between the two companies.

Hell I would have worked for AND 1 given the chance to propel them to another level.

I dont come to this board to puh Products of anything produced by Nike, but I will say when something is good or PooPoo... and will continue to do so. However, I can speak from having knowledge from within. Many who speak on what they think.. merely speak on Opinion and only what they think.

Alot of what I wondered about before coming here, I got answers to. Not all good answers, but reasons behind the intent none the less.

Maybe Jack J. should take a trip and have a ride along program, so he can get answers to his many questions and criticisms...

I have said before, some of his crtiques are just just marred by his hatred for things outside the actual topic, so MANY refuse to accept any logic that may belost within his tirades of Nike and Kobe Bashing.

Thats like me going into a I love Fat Girls Forum bashing Fat Girls, but giving subtle reasons why I don't like them, while yelling how terrible they areand bad for society. Those Fat Girl Lovers aren't really going to hear the subtle reasoning over the abundant yelling and bashing.

Something to think about jack J.. but I have said that before....I really do think you could get further in your stance and position if you approached thetopic differently.

Also.. BillyWhiteDirk is my boy, so I am not sure WHY you insist on bashing and wishing ill on him.. Thats sort of immature if ya ask me and you don't seeme do much bashing here.

yo son, take that bullshhh 6 1/2 kt chain to the pawn shop, collect the $3.38 they give you, drink some clorox and call it a life.
81sbwit.gif

Originally Posted by MenofOregon

Like I said before, there's no need for Nike to "bash" adidas. Their sales figures do that to themselves already. Until you reach the 16.3 billion dollar revenue mark, then we should start worrying. Other then that, there's no one else in our "rearview mirror" for miles.

IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING .......kinda' like your revenue...........and your marketing(or lack of it).......and your poor advertising campaigns....... and the short list of signed athletes/endorsers. I think the last "big names" signed to your company were.....run dmc??????
OUCH
laugh.gif
That impossible is nothing was right on point...

as for the kobe 2, it is a great ball shoe no matter what the sales were. you would be surprised that its not just niketalk who buys dudes shoes. there arekobe fans outside of niketalk...

the vc 1 did poorly and i love that shoe to death.. so did the bb4... come to think of it, alot of high end nike shoes did poorly in sales but that doesnt takeaway from what they are truly meant to be and that is great bball shoes...

and IMO, the lightswitch and lightspeed from adidas are crap. they took ordinary adidas 50 dollar shoes and slapped a players name on them and are selling themfor 100... even though i did buy the dwight howard version due to me liking d howard...

THE ZK2 WERE A SMASH ON PERFORMANCE.
THE ZK2 WERE A SUCCESS ON SALES (ASIA MAINLY, AS MANY SAY)

MISTER JJ ... WHY DONT YOU POST THIS ON THE SNEAKER REVIEW FORUM?
KNOWING THAT THIS TOPIC OF YOURS WAS NOT ON POINT AND WAS BASED ON THE SHOE AS A REVIEW?

Originally Posted by MenofOregon

Mister Jack, I'm not here to change your mind on anything. My company has more important things to do, along with myself. You're certainly entitled to your own OPINION, which is just that, YOUR OWN opinion. I'll just state the facts that mostly everyone is aware of and leave it at that.

FACTS:

We are a 16.3 billion dollar company for a reason. It's not by accident! That is certainly a heck of a lot of money to be saying we "suck". It is because we know how to capitalize on our key growth areas such as Nike Basketball. adidas basketball fails in comparison to Nike Basketball, PERIOD. adidas may be doing "well" as far as "their standards", but we'll always be ahead as far as revenue. Why? Because adidas does NOT know how to market their players very well, either overseas or here in the U.S. . adidas cannot generate any "buzz" whatsoever in the retail field like Nike can. No one stands in line for the next kevin garnett/tim duncan shoe, because quite frankly, there IS NO line for the release of their shoes. Their marketing department is poor along with very weak advertising campaigns. Take a look at the adidas basketball roster and take a look at Nike's roster. Pretty big difference there as far as marketability huh?
There is nothing worse than someone filled with such pretense and assumptions, one who suggests superiority based upon numbers, then ads alone.

All this really proves is that YOU fill the market with crap, in order for people to take notice. Nikes rep isn't about quality, it is about quantity. As long as you get attention, it's cool, well guess what? Things that are shallow, often ring hollow. In some instances, it is considered 'puffery', as people like me, those who see value in QUALITY, will stay away from cheap overly produced product.

Nike and Footlockers opening of the House of Hoops in Harlem, is an example of this. You open something like this in a predominantly Black area, but would never consider doing so in, let's say, any WHITE suburb.

So in closing, Nike stoops to conquer. It is an insidious way of disguising dishonesty. It's a ploy that'll soon backfire when people realize that at the end of the day, Nike is just a brand filled with, then endorsed by, a bunch of arrogantly garbed, pretentious pricks.

BTW, how's business in Harlem?

To quote Starbury,
"I'd rather own, than be owned."

Word is bond. I wear my clothes, my clothes don't wear me.

Too bad Kobes' 3 shoe thing didn't come to fruition, or perhaps, too good!
why title the thread kobe 2 in retrospect when its clear to see in this post that you want to argue about the nike company as a whole?

Originally Posted by never wear them

WOW 4 PAGES!!! I KNOW ITS NOT ON THE TOPIC OF MATTER FOR SURE!!!
MR JACK, JUST DROP IT. WHY DO YOU INSIST ON FIGHTING BACK. I WOULD BE ON YOUR SIDE AND DEFENDING YOUR OPINION ONLY IF ADIDAS KEPT MAKING SHOES LIKE THESE.... I KNOW THAT THESE SHOES MIGHT NOT BE UP TO PAR WITH NIKE'S TECHNOLOGY BUT HAD THAT LOOK THAT MADE ME WANT THEM....
WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO ADIDAS....
kb8_2_blk_purple.jpg
, ,
kb8_2_blk_purple_7.jpg
elevation_blk_wht_5.jpg
crazy_8_blk_wht_5.jpg
crazy_8_blk_wht.jpg

thekobe_playoff_4.jpg
(MESH ONLY) ,,,

tmac2_all_star_8.jpg
adidas_tmac_tricolor_3.jpg
adidas_aw8_3.jpg
eqt_bball_unity_10.jpg

I STILL HAVE NOT SEEN AN ADIDAS THAT HAS CAUGHT ME OFF GUARD LIKE BEFORE. AND YES I OWNED ALL OF THESE SHOES THAT I POSTED AND IN OTHER COLORS AS WELL. There was a point where i only wore ADIDAS, maybe because i went to private high school where we could only wear adidas and of course there is soccer...
i support adidas when it comes to soccer. i hate nike cleats, puma, umbro. adidas did it for me when it came to soccer and for football. OVERALL, I WOULD CHOOSE ADIDAS OVER NIKE WHEN IT COMES TO SPORT GEAR. NOT SHOES... BUT CLEATS, WINDBREAKERS, CLOTHING, SHIN GUARDS, PADS... ETC.
this man speaks the truth. adidas hasnt been the same since kobe left
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RockDeep

I am sure that in their attempt to become the next cat picked off of Nike Talk, one to aimlessly wander the halls of the swoosh, they find solice in likemindedness of their allies.

Now THAT was comical!
laugh.gif
Is that how it happens? Cause that certainly isn't how I got "called up" lol

I do play basketball, and have been in this marketing thing since I was a man Child wearin Tighty Whitey's. I am not blinded by he Swoosh, I am only here to make it better. If Adidas came calling (first), I would be doing all things to make the Swoosh fall second in line within the Market. Yet Adidas has weird Standards when it comes to hiring. Thats a given. If you even visit Portland you can see the VAST differences in Cultures between the two companies.

Hell I would have worked for AND 1 given the chance to propel them to another level.

I dont come to this board to puh Products of anything produced by Nike, but I will say when something is good or PooPoo... and will continue to do so. However, I can speak from having knowledge from within. Many who speak on what they think.. merely speak on Opinion and only what they think.

Alot of what I wondered about before coming here, I got answers to. Not all good answers, but reasons behind the intent none the less.

Maybe Jack J. should take a trip and have a ride along program, so he can get answers to his many questions and criticisms...

I have said before, some of his crtiques are just just marred by his hatred for things outside the actual topic, so MANY refuse to accept any logic that may be lost within his tirades of Nike and Kobe Bashing.

Thats like me going into a I love Fat Girls Forum bashing Fat Girls, but giving subtle reasons why I don't like them, while yelling how terrible they are and bad for society. Those Fat Girl Lovers aren't really going to hear the subtle reasoning over the abundant yelling and bashing.

Something to think about jack J.. but I have said that before....I really do think you could get further in your stance and position if you approached the topic differently.

Also.. BillyWhiteDirk is my boy, so I am not sure WHY you insist on bashing and wishing ill on him.. Thats sort of immature if ya ask me and you don't see me do much bashing here.

Obviously I wasn't talking about you in regard to being picked up by Nike, even though you DO work for Nike. I actually am speaking of others, one inparticular who has recently appeared speaking on behalf of Nike. In this case I am speaking of Men of Oregon. Also there is thatt House of Hoops manager, bothof whom are really giving Nike a 'hip' rep, with one being a bigot and the other as an ill informed store manager, one who seems to have no clue as towhat "customer service", really means. The one who was picked up by Nike, was that designer guy who was behind those stupid looking Amare shoes, theone Chris and I were discussing.

Personally, I don't care about the differences between the cultures of Nike and Adidas, as I know the result very well. I have had friends murdered due tothis "culture", you tout. I have seen the pretense that has developed due to Nike not addressing the issue of kids beating and harming, then puttingeach other down over shoes.

Shoes.

Now, I am not hating on business. I have two of my own that do very well. But I am big on ethics and then being responsible, so not to insult you but SCREWNike culture. If this culture cultivates someone like Men of Oregon, then it is really nothing to brag about. If that culture is what put the House of Hoops ina Harlem, a Harlem that is fighting against regentrification, then screw Nike culture even deeper.

Now ya' boy Billy has come at me from the left one too many times and again, we'd have a discussion him and I.
laugh.gif
He is as equally adept at sending forth smart aleck remarks.

The ZKII failed, then was a crappy, overrated shoe. The Lite didn't get released here and tonight, the self proclaimed MAMBA, is wearing the III afterwearing 2K4's with a number 8 on them. WTH??? If the II did well, it would have been reordered then restocked on places like Eastbay, as the Adidas GilZeros obviously were.

So when it is said that this shoe was that good, someone is lying.

wow Jack, get ur facts straight please. First off, Kobe wasn't wearing 2K4's with the #8 on it, they had no number on the back. The shoe has beenre-stocked on eastbay.com in the past, there was a point where a couple of the colorways weren't even available until they were re-ordered. Another thingcompared to the production of the AZK1, production was a lot less. Jack u say basketball is a brotherhood but you clearly aren't demonstrating that.I'm not going to be on here and claim that the AZKII did bad or good, why because I like you can not provide ACTUAL sales figures. Your statement that theKobe II was a failure is YOUR OPINION, as you have NOT provided any proof that it has failed. You get pissed when people defend the shoe, well ain't it thesame thing as you saying it flopped. I mean come on you want to say that if failed but you provide absolutely NO PROOF. You want us to concede that the AZKIIwas a failure, I will, as soon as you can prove to me, with sales figure. Just the same way as I would expect you to concede it was successful if I could proveto you with sales figures that it was. Your statements, that you are trying to pass as fact without any proof is like me turning in a term paper with a bunchof assertions yet provide no proof of those assertions. It is clear that you have a one track mind about this. What I dont like about you is not the way youfeel about the Kobe II but about how you make this sneaker culture look so bad. I've collected for 7 years, and not in those 7 years have I seen someonehave such little respect for the culture itself.

wow gil zeros are sellin like hot cakes..yah they did restock on the gil zero lows but havent really moved after the initial shipment..oh and I really DO hopeadidas releases 20 different pairs of the gil 2 zero..oh yah none of them have been moving as well.What are you going to say when we see clearance racks ofadidas gil 20's???Is adidas basketball gonna be in trouble?? Your points go all over the place..from house of hoops taking advantage of african americansto where nike/footlocker wouldnt be able to open a house of hoops store in a white suburb to your friends getting killed for "the culture"..

"Personally, I don't care about the differences between the cultures of Nike and Adidas. I know the result very well. I have had friends murdered dueto this "culture", of which you tout.I have seen the pretense that has been developed due to Nike not addressing the issue of kids, beating andharming, putting each other down over shoes. "
-To have that come out of your mouth is frankly hypocritical with the fact that you put down and constantly harass members for their favorite player.

you constantly harp how youre above everyone else..youre a 6'4 250 pound black man with 2 business' that are successful and wear a suit all day...howis it that youre seemingly on this site all day??Dont you have a business to run??

Dude is tellin more fairy tales than disney

"have you played in them?"

I've already stated that I've played in them, and yes I play SERIOUSLY.

I and many others have already stated, a shoe like that shoe had TOO much going on, too much unnecessary stuff.
Just because Nike has "tech", that doesn't mean that they should attempt to put it all in one shoe. This is also why the Zoom BB is better.

The Gil Zero Mids are better than BOTH. But a Nike superfan would never admit that.

"have you played in them?"

I've already stated that I've played in them, and yes I play SERIOUSLY.

I and many others have already stated, a shoe like that shoe had TOO much going on, too much unnecessary stuff.
Just because Nike has "tech", that doesn't mean that they should attempt to put it all in one shoe. This is also why the Zoom BB is better.

The Gil Zero Mids are better than BOTH. But a Nike superfan would never admit that.
HATER, I really want to ball your@!@% up and break your ankles wearing my ZK2s.

you constantly harp how youre above everyone else..youre a 6'4 250 pound black man with 2 business' that are successful and wear a suit all day...how is it that youre seemingly on this site all day??Dont you have a business to run??

Dude is tellin more fairy tales than disney
Not to mention someone of that stature being banned numerous times on a message board and even a few times as different characters. I mean wouldsomeone with "boys in the L" and such a fashionista really find the need to have to frequent a sneaker message board full of "kids" and"skateboarders" (as he has called NTers in the past)?

its not about admitting it....
how fantastic the gil zero is, is your opinion... key word of the day : OPINION
i personnaly, like looking good on the court and like comfort as well. which the zk2 st gave.

the gil zero or any Adidas shoe for that matter is under rated why..... because nike delivers first, nike has the looks, nike has a reputation, nike is thetype of company that follows that one saying, "consistency is the key to success" which puts them on top. yes, nike has their flaws, but what companydoesnt, but they reinvent themselves. i remember when the bb4 came out... what human being did not notice that shoe? was it a smash? yes. the technology inthat shoe may not have been superb, but i bought it...

this is my opinion by the way.

I still don't get how the Kobe II is a better or worse shoe than the GIL OR the BB in anyone's eyes that isn't a Shoe Reviewer. I would find itvery difficult to believe a person who seeks a shoe to fit their needs can try on several shoes meant for a different type of player and assess one is betterthan the other UNLESS they are an Industry shoe reveiwer.

Why? Because each person seeks a specific shoe to fit their playing needs. Granted the BB was meant for Guard play, but has turned out to fit the needs ofCenters as well as Forwards alike. But to say the Kobe has TOO much going on or isn't good at all, is purely subjective.

Those wanting two straps or one which they have an option on with two different Kobe's are having their needs met. Those who have an allegiance to Adidasor actually wear more than one Brand can tell you several differences in some kicks, but rarely buy two or three different sneakers in a season of play. Thatwould be too expensive for the typical consumer.

I wouldn't know how the Gil played, because other than working here, I wouldn't wear an Adidas to ball in to save my life. I Might try a Reebok just tosee how certain one's play, but Adidas has never provided my position or my basketball needs with a shoe I could really say was deserving of my feet.

Not many people out there can take a chance on Brands they aren't familiar with when it comes to purchasing a shoe they intend on putting three to fourmonths of play into. Thus they go with whats familiar.

Just to clarify on the subject of Eastbay (Footlocker) re-ordering Gil Zero's versus Re-ordering more 2k4's or Kobe's. This is where you fail tounderstand business practices between the Companies.

Footlocker makes initial orders of a shoe in certain colorways before a season. Based on those orders Nike produces and delivers to ALL Footlocker companies(including Eastbay). After that order is placed and shipped, production of that shoe is ceased until the next order or season. Rarely during the same season,UNLESS Footlocker has grossly underassed the positive reaction a shoe would have at retail.

Adidas BETTER produce more shoes within a Season if Footlocker reorders more to increase revenue. That would behoove them greatly to assist in theirrelationship with Footlocker. So I wouldn't give much credit to the Gil Zero or any Gil shoe sold out, as Footlocker doesn't order the same quantity ofAdidas shoes as they do Nike shoes.

So for example. The may have ordered 20 Gils... vs. 100 Kobe's. If the Gils sold out.. Good for Adidas.. good for Footlocker. Demand is unusually high.. soFootlocker orders more. to perhaps come in at or close to the amount of Kobe's ordered. Thus...does this make Gils shoe more popular or sold better?

Negative.

Unless you know something I don't about how Footlocker does their ordering, I would still be hard pressed to call Kobe's kicks a Flop in sales. I stillhaven't seen sell thru numbers on the Kobe STs.. but The Kobe II initial release had great sell thru numbers.

I am going to check with Steez to see if he can post the top sales figures from the last QTR.. but the Market Share you THINK Adidas and Reebok have in theBasketball Market is far far lower than you project.

but rock remember jack doesnt believe in "position" based shoes.All shoes should fit everyone..someone forgot to tell him that he was too heavy forthe hyperflights.Thats why he holds a grudge against professor k and zoom air ahahaha.

Anyways it was also public that the production run for the gil zero's was low as well.Of the "5" sigs the tmac and kg bounce were the ones thathad the highest production number.Gil's shoe along with duncan and chauncey's shoe had a much lower production number than the other 2.I couldnt find apair of gil zero's in oregon or washington by February..want to know why??a couple stores only got a size run of it..not every store but maybe one or 2 inevery district.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

I still don't get how the Kobe II is a better or worse shoe than the GIL OR the BB in anyone's eyes that isn't a Shoe Reviewer. I would find it very difficult to believe a person who seeks a shoe to fit their needs can try on several shoes meant for a different type of player and assess one is better than the other UNLESS they are an Industry shoe reveiwer.

Why? Because each person seeks a specific shoe to fit their playing needs. Granted the BB was meant for Guard play, but has turned out to fit the needs of Centers as well as Forwards alike. But to say the Kobe has TOO much going on or isn't good at all, is purely subjective.

Those wanting two straps or one which they have an option on with two different Kobe's are having their needs met. Those who have an allegiance to Adidas or actually wear more than one Brand can tell you several differences in some kicks, but rarely buy two or three different sneakers in a season of play. That would be too expensive for the typical consumer.

I wouldn't know how the Gil played, because other than working here, I wouldn't wear an Adidas to ball in to save my life. I Might try a Reebok just to see how certain one's play, but Adidas has never provided my position or my basketball needs with a shoe I could really say was deserving of my feet.

Not many people out there can take a chance on Brands they aren't familiar with when it comes to purchasing a shoe they intend on putting three to four months of play into. Thus they go with whats familiar.

Just to clarify on the subject of Eastbay (Footlocker) re-ordering Gil Zero's versus Re-ordering more 2k4's or Kobe's. This is where you fail to understand business practices between the Companies.

Footlocker makes initial orders of a shoe in certain colorways before a season. Based on those orders Nike produces and delivers to ALL Footlocker companies (including Eastbay). After that order is placed and shipped, production of that shoe is ceased until the next order or season. Rarely during the same season, UNLESS Footlocker has grossly underassed the positive reaction a shoe would have at retail.

Adidas BETTER produce more shoes within a Season if Footlocker reorders more to increase revenue. That would behoove them greatly to assist in their relationship with Footlocker. So I wouldn't give much credit to the Gil Zero or any Gil shoe sold out, as Footlocker doesn't order the same quantity of Adidas shoes as they do Nike shoes.

So for example. The may have ordered 20 Gils... vs. 100 Kobe's. If the Gils sold out.. Good for Adidas.. good for Footlocker. Demand is unusually high.. so Footlocker orders more. to perhaps come in at or close to the amount of Kobe's ordered. Thus...does this make Gils shoe more popular or sold better?

Negative.

Unless you know something I don't about how Footlocker does their ordering, I would still be hard pressed to call Kobe's kicks a Flop in sales. I still haven't seen sell thru numbers on the Kobe STs.. but The Kobe II initial release had great sell thru numbers.

I am going to check with Steez to see if he can post the top sales figures from the last QTR.. but the Market Share you THINK Adidas and Reebok have in the Basketball Market is far far lower than you project.
"that isn't a shoe reviewer."

Are you kidding me? What makes "shoe reviewer" any more different than a movie reviewer, or some other position that is subjective in nature? I knowexactly what you are attempting to do, and that is to give your boy ******** a particular advantage, especially since he is a Nike loyalist. All he does iswrite for%+$#@*%#*$@%*%, and that doesn't make him any more of an expert than the person who sews Nike's shoe together at the factory, who then playsin them on the weekend.

A reviewer writes an OPINION, just as I and many others do in the review forum.

Now, as we know, Nike is DOWN in their marketshare, as Adidas had an increase. Again, I do not work for Adidas, but you work for Nike. I am simply an informedconsumer, so you are a little less credible when it comes to the truth.

You have more to protect.

Wanna see me say something bad about Adidas? Well, for one, the sockliners in their shoes SUCK.

Another technical problem that Adidas has in their hoops line has to do with sizing, just like Nike. From shoe to shoe, I may have to get different sizes. Inthe 1.1 I wear a size bigger than I do in the Gil Zero, which is incredibly frustrating for someone like me, who wears size 14 and 15.

15's are not readily available.

Another problem with Adidas, is with someone like me going to the Adidas store, and then not being able to do special orders for my size.

As I stated, Adidas isn't perfect, but I am sure that can go to the head of Adidas Basketball, then he would LISTEN to what it is that I have to say,without having a bunch of sycophants screaming bullspit about being a "hater", in the background.

I'd like that accessability, I'd like that honesty and I'd LOVE the humility. This is SMART business.

It's not like Nike, who are dressed in arrogance. Proof, the bigot Men of Oregon.

They may not be as big as Nike, but that doesn't mean that they do not make better and higher quality product.

The ZKII FLOPPED, to hell with the "sell through", of one shoe, it was supposed to be, and then was touted as THREE shoes, one of which didn'teven get released.

I don't have to debate this with you any more Rock, you know why?

Nike put a number 8 on the 2k4's.

That should tell you something.

It's not like Nike, who are dressed in arrogance. Proof, the bigot Men of Oregon.

They may not be as big as Nike, but that doesn't mean that they do not make better and higher quality product.

The ZKII FLOPPED, to hell with the "sell through", of one shoe, it was supposed to be, and then was touted as THREE shoes, one of which didn't even get released.

^ This guy can't wait to post with his embarrassing bias and comeplete lack of subjectivity. Thankfully, we have theIGNORE feature. Thanks be to Yuku.

Originally Posted by fc1114

^ This guy can't wait to post with his embarrassing bias and comeplete lack of subjectivity. Thankfully, we have the IGNORE feature. Thanks be to Yuku.

I'll tell you what is embarrasing! It's the person who does not know the difference between OBJECTIVITY and SUBJECTIVITY, especially whenattempting to diss someone!

That ignore button goes both ways, so check this out...

Nike put a number 8 on the 2k4's. That should tell you something.

wow, good thing you dont do marketing. One reason they dont put 24 on the recently released 2k4s because it could be confusing to customers thinking they arehis new signature shoe. Another reason could be that the shoe technically is a retro since they've been released previously (just not this colorway).

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

Nike put a number 8 on the 2k4's. That should tell you something.

wow, good thing you dont do marketing. One reason they dont put 24 on the recently released 2k4s because it could be confusing to customers thinking they are his new signature shoe. Another reason could be that the shoe technically is a retro since they've been released previously (just not this colorway).
It's a good thing that YOU dont either, but maybe you do! Therefore the blunder by Nike!

Your reasoning is completely idiotic, "confusing"??? How about not PUTTING a number on there? The guy went through alot to change his number, createda new identity and Nike attempts to emulate what Adidas did with the Crazy 8, which did VERY well BTW, since he is no longer afilliated with it.

Some of you will make any excuse for Nike. There must be something in the "air".

The ZKII was a mediocre shoe, with Nike attemping to push Kobe as the wearer of the "ultimate" performance shoes.

Guess what? It ain't working in the States.

Back
Top Bottom