Kobe is to Lebron, as MJ is to .....?

Now before yall start flaming, I am aware MJ is the GOAT and I don't disagree one bit to the fact that nobody was on his level, but I was having adiscussion with a classmate today and in todays game, I think most of us can agree there is just as strong of a contingent of people considering Lebron thebest in the game as there are considering Kobe the best in the game. Both of them dominate on court in their given positions and both can arguably take thetitle of being the best in the game right now. But factoring in Lebron hitting his stride and Kobe in his peak of his career, what player during JORDANS eragave him a run for the same consideration? or even remotely challenged that title to be called the best in the game? I think its special how these two, kobe nbron, are playing in the same era and nobody can really agree on whos the best. But durin' MJ's time, what other guys were dominating and bein arguedthe best? I know Grant Hill was hitting his stride and supposedly crowned to take that title post-MJ similar to Lebron following soon after Kobe retires and MJwas to Magic, but both of these guys had career ending incidents..so besides those two..who else was on/near MJ's level? And if it was no player, juststate that, no need for stone faces, just tryin to start a interesting/flashback topic.

No one, Jordan's era wasn't that great. Magic and Bird's era and today's era are both much better than Jordan's IMO

I guess the closest thing in MJ's Bulls career would be Drexler, but MJ deaded that pretty thoroughly in the '92 Finals.

it has to be Shaq

when Jordan retired, Shaq was the most popular nba player at the time..the most dominating force in the game in the 90's with the magic and the lakers.

JordanShaq.jpg
shaq.jpg

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Kobe is to LeBron as MJ is to Kobe.

Handing down the reigns.
i put that at first. but i was just jokin and i aint want anybody to take me serious. im jokin about AI too cuz i hate these types of threads

In the first few years of his career, there was some debate as to who was better between Dominque Wilkins and MJ. I think that's the best analogy to thecurrent Kobe v. LeBron situation and it did not last very long. By 1988, there was pretty much no doubt that MJ was a better all around player than'Nique. After that, some people put Magic ahead of Jordan until the Bulls got their first champtionship. With tilte number 1 in the books, I'd say MJwas the consensus best player in the league until he retired . . . the second time. People like Penny Hardaway and Grant Hill were talked about as beingnext-in-line to the throne, but not actually as good as Jordan. Not really the same as Kobe and LeBron right now.

Originally Posted by mco85

No one, Jordan's era wasn't that great.

indifferent.gif

Dream Team > Redeem Team, and so on and so on.
Anyways..

The answer is NO ONE. Kobe has never been the best player, best winner, and had the best team all in the same year and have all 3 things be non-debatable.Jordan did that for a near decade.

Back
Top Bottom