Kobe Stans...

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Originally Posted by CP1708

This thread is proof of why stats don't tell a whole story. 

If you want to just live off of 27-80 and not take each shot into consideration, then I don't know what to tell ya. 

Clutch doesn't mean he hits every shot.  We all know he doesn't.  It's not possible. 

Jordan missed a lot of game winners.  Horry missed a lot of game winners.  Reggie missed a lot of game winners. 

The thing is, they all have the stones to take those game winners, make or miss, and their teams trust them to continue to take those shots over and over. 

What the numbers say don't even matter.  If Kobe misses a no point of shooting 3 down by 5 with 7 seconds left, it counts against him.  If Amare dunks down by 5 with 7 seconds left, it counts FOR him, but they both lose the game.  Moral of the story is, stats don't tell the whole story.  Unless you are breaking those 80 shots down on a case by case basis, time left, points up or down, tied or whatever, they don't tell the whole and total truth.  So stop just believing every stat you see.   
that stat specifically stats that they are shots with less than 24 seconds in one possession situations. Jordan, Horry, and Reggie missed a lot of game winners, but we don't know how many shots they missed compared to how many they made. We DO know that Kobe makes a lot of big shots, but he also misses a lot. The biggest point here is that he makes shots at a similar % compared to other players in these situations, so Kobe in the clutch is a bit overrated. Im not saying he isn't the guy I would want to take the last shot, but his clutchness is overrated especially when he takes every last second Laker shot.
80 attempts though. The fact that a team could have a caliber of player that can take those shots is invaluable. You can give him the ball anywhere on the court and he will give you the best chance of making it. Horry and Reggie Miller needed some help in order to get their shots off (screens, penetration, Vlade Divac).
Does he really give you the best chance of making it? Check the OP's post and look at the %
Yes he does. He's the only one on the Lakers that can get a shot that he wants at anytime he wants and if its not there, he's the best playmaker as well. Sometimes it goes in and sometimes it doesn't, but I doubt you'll find anyone in the league that would want someone other than Kobe to take the last shot. I think he's held that title in the NBA GM poll for the last 8 or 9 years.
He's the best, but youre telling me Gasol and Odom can't create shots for other people? He's a playmaker, but does he ever pass off the last shot? nope.
"Over the last decade, by field goal percentage the best shooters inthis setting have been Carmelo Anthony (13-28, .464), Pau Gasol (9-22,.409), Tony Parker (11-29, .379), Chris Paul (9-24, .375) and ShawnMarion (10-28, .357). Bryant over the same period is 26-89 (.292)." - http://espn.go.com/blog/t...be-bryant-in-crunch-time

Again if you read my post on page 2 about halfway down, these numbers don't talk about the whole picture. It tells you Pau shot 9-22, it doesn't say if he was 2 feet from the basket after getting a rebound because his guy was busy double teaming Kobe so he got a freebie. It says nothing like that, so all you are doing is saying Pau must be more clutch than Kobe right??? Come on get off it, if you really believe that then I feel sorry for you.
Point is again, the numbers don't tell the whole story!!!
The stats come from previous years, including when Gasol wasnt Kobe's teammate. Where did I say Gasol was more clutch than Kobe? I said Kobe is the best option, but he has other available options to go to (such as Gasol), but instead he'd rather chuck shots against double teams. But yet, you guys give reasons on why Kobe's clutch % isnt that high (double teams, tough shots, etc). Again, if Kobe shoots an average % because of the tough shots he's taking, he should PASS the ball.

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

This dude.

Your a fan of fabolous right? You ever hear his song paper man? Even he's a Kobe fan

"Greatest player at home like kobe in staples man"

laugh.gif
Oh no! One of my favorite rappers is a Kobe fan, so I must follow suit.
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

Sorry, I'm not a *$!* rider like you.

Fabolous is a Yankees, Colts, and Lakers fan...so you have no point.

If you want to just live off of 27-80 and not take each shot into consideration, then I don't know what to tell ya. 

Clutch doesn't mean he hits every shot.  We all know he doesn't.  It's not possible. 

Jordan missed a lot of game winners.  Horry missed a lot of game winners.  Reggie missed a lot of game winners. 

The thing is, they all have the stones to take those game winners, make or miss, and their teams trust them to continue to take those shots over and over. 

What the numbers say don't even matter.  If Kobe misses a no point of shooting 3 down by 5 with 7 seconds left, it counts against him.  If Amare dunks down by 5 with 7 seconds left, it counts FOR him, but they both lose the game.  Moral of the story is, stats don't tell the whole story.  Unless you are breaking those 80 shots down on a case by case basis, time left, points up or down, tied or whatever, they don't tell the whole and total truth.  So stop just believing every stat you see.   
that stat specifically stats that they are shots with less than 24 seconds in one possession situations. Jordan, Horry, and Reggie missed a lot of game winners, but we don't know how many shots they missed compared to how many they made. We DO know that Kobe makes a lot of big shots, but he also misses a lot. The biggest point here is that he makes shots at a similar % compared to other players in these situations, so Kobe in the clutch is a bit overrated. Im not saying he isn't the guy I would want to take the last shot, but his clutchness is overrated especially when he takes every last second Laker shot.
80 attempts though. The fact that a team could have a caliber of player that can take those shots is invaluable. You can give him the ball anywhere on the court and he will give you the best chance of making it. Horry and Reggie Miller needed some help in order to get their shots off (screens, penetration, Vlade Divac).
Does he really give you the best chance of making it? Check the OP's post and look at the %
Yes he does. He's the only one on the Lakers that can get a shot that he wants at anytime he wants and if its not there, he's the best playmaker as well. Sometimes it goes in and sometimes it doesn't, but I doubt you'll find anyone in the league that would want someone other than Kobe to take the last shot. I think he's held that title in the NBA GM poll for the last 8 or 9 years.
He's the best, but youre telling me Gasol and Odom can't create shots for other people? He's a playmaker, but does he ever pass off the last shot? nope.
"Over the last decade, by field goal percentage the best shooters inthis setting have been Carmelo Anthony (13-28, .464), Pau Gasol (9-22,.409), Tony Parker (11-29, .379), Chris Paul (9-24, .375) and ShawnMarion (10-28, .357). Bryant over the same period is 26-89 (.292)." - http://espn.go.com/blog/t...be-bryant-in-crunch-time

Again if you read my post on page 2 about halfway down, these numbers don't talk about the whole picture. It tells you Pau shot 9-22, it doesn't say if he was 2 feet from the basket after getting a rebound because his guy was busy double teaming Kobe so he got a freebie. It says nothing like that, so all you are doing is saying Pau must be more clutch than Kobe right??? Come on get off it, if you really believe that then I feel sorry for you.
The stats come from previous years, including when Gasol wasnt Kobe's teammate. Where did I say Gasol was more clutch than Kobe? I said Kobe is the best option, but he has other available options to go to (such as Gasol), but instead he'd rather chuck shots against double teams. But yet, you guys give reasons on why Kobe's clutch % isnt that high (double teams, tough shots, etc). Again, if Kobe shoots an average % because of the tough shots he's taking, he should PASS the ball.
It doesn't matter what year the stats came from, my post was an example of the things that might not be taken into consideration. I guess I will do this again, three times for emphasis right, Point is the numbers don't tell the whole story!!! 
On to your second point, I know you don't watch Laker games regularly, because if you did you would know Kobe had indeed more times than a few, in those moments, passed out to an open guy. The fact is that most of the time that guy doesn't make the shot. Again he is the best option and who I would like to see with the ball when the game is on the line. I would trust him to make the right decision.

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

You've never played basketball.
Silliman Activity and Family Aquatic Center
6800 Mowry Avenue
Newark, CA 94560

See me there tomorrow at 10am so I could prove you wrong.

&you probably suck. How much is it to get in? I'll come dog you.

Or you could come to Logan on Tuesday
happy.gif
either way, I'm sure your buns.

and 33% is a great percentage for game winning shots. You realize stats arent everything right? Does it say how many of those shots he missed were over a double team or with .4 seconds left or some ridiculous @*#$ like that?

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]hater.[/color]

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

6800 Mowry Avenue
Newark, CA 94560

happy.gif

and 33% is a great percentage for game winning shots. You realize stats arent everything right? Does it say how many of those shots he missed were over a double team or with .4 seconds left or some ridiculous @*#$ like that?

Why not just come through tomorrow? $7.50 to get in.

6800 Mowry Avenue
Newark, CA 94560

happy.gif

Yeah cause I want to pay 7.50 to play with a bunch of ***** that are a foot shorter than me? Riiiiiiight.

Come to Logan.

6800 Mowry Avenue
Newark, CA 94560

happy.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 dude posted an address and where he's at.  
But on the real.... Kobe > your favorite player unless it's Jordan or LeBron.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
 I kid.  Kobe is my dude.  this thread is ignorant as %!%! and should be locked up

6800 Mowry Avenue
Newark, CA 94560

happy.gif

Yeah cause I want to pay 7.50 to play with a bunch of ***** that are a foot shorter than me? Riiiiiiight.

Come to Logan.

Yeah 'cause I wanna hoop in the the rain, right?

It doesn't matter what year the stats came from, my post was an example of the things that might not be taken into consideration. I guess I will do this again, three times for emphasis right, Point is the numbers don't tell the whole story!!! 
On to your second point, I know you don't watch Laker games regularly, because if you did you would know Kobe had indeed more times than a few, in those moments, passed out to an open guy. The fact is that most of the time that guy doesn't make the shot. Again he is the best option and who I would like to see with the ball when the game is on the line. I would trust him to make the right decision.
Where did i say numbers tell the whole story. I'm using numbers to explain that Kobe isnt as clutch as people think he is. There's a larger emphasis on his clutchness when he makes a clutch shot (against the Raptors), but when he misses, it's not a big deal (against the Magic). Therefore, the only other way to get the point across is to use stats. I'm not sure if that bolded part is fact, because I don't regularly watch Laker games not on national tv, but from what I remember, Fisher always makes big shots for you guys (when and if Kobe ever passes to him)

damn, someone is really saying kobe isnt clutch? you think you will find one sports writer that would agree with you?

who do you think you are man?

credibility lost.

whats kobe gotta do to get respect from you? win 15 rings? shoot 90% in the final possession? you realize how many players actually get the ball in the final possession? like players that are SUPPOSED to? and you are saying he isnt clutch? this dude got the rock over 80 times! Coach says "ok dude, you get the ball, no questions asked." how many players in the league get that?

i respect basketball greatness. Lebron is insane, and GREAT to watch. Melo is as well. Jennings? beast. Show some respect man. Dude has 4 rings, MVP, Finals MVP, Allstar MVP, and scored 81 in a GAME.

haters love to hate more then fans love to appreciate.

Regardless of if he makes 15%, 25%, 35%, whatever, if im picking one person on that Laker team it is Kobe 100% of the time.

I dont even care if Pau makes 50%  of his shots in the same situation. Im still going with Kobe.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Ok how about this. If kobe isnt clutch, then who is? answer me that.

i don't know whats worse, his music or his constant need to have the name kobe bryant in his mouth all the time

Cant believe dudes tryin to give this guy Valid explanations.

Its clear hes got a one sided agenda.

If hes not clutch, nobody is.

So OP, who would you want taking the last shot BESIDES KOBE?????

Originally Posted by ClevelandsPrince23

6800 Mowry Avenue
Newark, CA 94560

happy.gif

hater.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I know right
laugh.gif
 Who does that %%#*? What a weirdo

Kobe sure as hell is better in the clutch, than FAB is in making a Complete Good album.

Whats Fab Classic album ratio?

In my opinion, anyone who logs on to a message board with researched information to call another person a "stan" or "rider" is just as "stan-@#!".  

6800 Mowry Avenue
Newark, CA 94560

happy.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
ive been to silliman center...aint nothing special about that place...i actually used to go there a lot back in high school....logan on tues and weds night have been crackin though and OP if you wanna talk about ballin why dont you come here:

Downtown Oakland YMCA
2350 Broadway
Oakland, CA 94612

If Kobe's not clutch nobody is IMO.

OP if you don't think he is what current player would you want to take the last shot?

Oh and I will be there to ball hope your not trash.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

6800 Mowry Avenue
Newark, CA 94560

happy.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
ive been to silliman center...aint nothing special about that place...i actually used to go there a lot back in high school....logan on tues and w
eds night have been crackin though and OP if you wanna talk about ballin why dont you come here:

Downtown Oakland YMCA

2350 Broadway

Oakland, CA 94612

Right next to my orthodontist.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom