Kobe Trade Thread (vol. Save the Kittens and Puppies)

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ Honestly, I think he's gone after this season, and only two things will stop that.

#1- NBA Finals
#2- Signing a top 5 player; maybe top 10

Since #1 is definitely not happening, then I think #2 is the only chance you Kobe + Laker fans have at seeing him in purple/gold next year.

And I do not think he'll be leaving during this season.

Just my opinion, though.

The only way he is gone after this season is if we trade him. I don't think we will trade him until he starts talking about a hold out or something. Thetest will be this summer when they try to sign him to an extention.....

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ Honestly, I think he's gone after this season, and only two things will stop that.

#1- NBA Finals
#2- Signing a top 5 player; maybe top 10

Since #1 is definitely not happening, then I think #2 is the only chance you Kobe + Laker fans have at seeing him in purple/gold next year.

And I do not think he'll be leaving during this season.

Just my opinion, though.

The only way he is gone after this season is if we trade him. I don't think we will trade him until he starts talking about a hold out or something. The test will be this summer when they try to sign him to an extention.....
Can't he opt out after next year though?

If that's the case, and Kobe talks about jetting, the Lakers have to trade him or risk him walking away and not getting anything back.

They should trade him ASAP. They're already not going to get equal value in return, but, come next season, they might have to take 20 cents on the dollar.

He's not going anywhere. As long as we make a decent run this year, and he sees improvment in the players, he'll want to contend and go for 4. WithNash and Duncan getting older just as he is, he'll see that the younger Lakers can make up the difference if they keep growing and add a tweak here orthere. I don't think he will go anywhere unless we go in the tank. He'll retire a Laker.

Its a shame that the Lakers are wasting the prime years of the best player in the NBA with putting out a D League squad with him. Odom is great sometimes,awful at others. Bynum will be unbelievable one day....just not really soon. Everyone else on that squad is like a 7th or 8th man at best on a competing team.

Kobe is the reason his team is doing as well as they are. Get the man some talent around him for Gods sake.

^Have you been watching ANY Lakers games? Their success is definitely coming from playing as a team and not from standing around watching Kobe shoot all day.

He's having a blast this year. Bynum is playing real well, Smush is gone (and being an assh0le with another team) Fish is back, Kobe is going to be therefor a while. When they sign one more key player he is guaranteed to stay.

He's not going anywhere. As long as we make a decent run this year, and he sees improvment in the players, he'll want to contend and go for 4. With Nash and Duncan getting older just as he is, he'll see that the younger Lakers can make up the difference if they keep growing and add a tweak here or there. I don't think he will go anywhere unless we go in the tank. He'll retire a Laker.
That's a pretty bold statement. He wants to win a title, not just make the playoffs every year. I don't know what the ceiling is for thiscurrent Lakers team but to expect Bryant to stick around to see is hopeful at best, wrong at worst.

As long as the Spurs, Suns, and Mavs are intact for next 3-5 years, the Lakers aren't winning a title. And given Kobe's track record, he probablywon't be hanging around there that long.

Even though Kobe has rejected them, there have been real trades, involving him, discussed. That can't be shrugged off. At this point, it appears that JerryBuss has let go of his attachment to Kobe and is inclined to trade him, despite Phil and Mitch's opposition.

Who knows what'll happen exactly but I'd guess, based on everything that's transpired, that Kobe is more likely to be traded than not. Laker fanswant him to stay so much that they believe he'll always be there, but that's just not realistic to think, given the facts of the matter.

Originally Posted by dland24

Its a shame that the Lakers are wasting the prime years of the best player in the NBA with putting out a D League squad with him. Odom is great sometimes, awful at others. Bynum will be unbelievable one day....just not really soon. Everyone else on that squad is like a 7th or 8th man at best on a competing team.

Kobe is the reason his team is doing as well as they are. Get the man some talent around him for Gods sake.

73 post hun? Don't make 74.

Locked...

Talent is around him and they are growing daily. We win the next two on the road and beat Phoenix on Christmas all will be silenced.

So the only trade thread that needs to be made is: Lamar Odom trade talks.

Back
Top Bottom