Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

I do make good money, its about principle. No item that costs 10-20$ to produce, should be selling for 200$, especially if its gonna fall apart so easily. Another thing for me to is, the one thing you can say about the Kobe 9 is, it was an amazingly constructed shoe! It was sturdy, the materials are strong, there are no trouble areas on the shoe. So to me, if Nike builds a shoe the next year, increases the price, and the shoe is a downgrade in quality, how does that make sense? And why would us consumers support that?
Honestly though that is how businesses are. Take Dominos for example. It only costs them like 10 cents to make a pizza and they sell them for a "bargain" of  7.99 for a extreme special. 

I remember reading a report that at Dunkin Donuts that the most expensive part of their coffees was the lid. It cost more for the lid than the cups and the coffee combined. There are many of different examples out there but we do it all the time and don't even realize it. 

There are many different costs when making a product but ill just leave it at that. If you dont agree with what is happening, dont buy the sneakers. I respect your decision for it because you do make valid points. However, i havent seen anything that suggests that these are downgrade in quality.

So, material-wise, this is a downgrade from the Kobe 8 and 9.....

When I held these in person they did feel a lot more sturdy than the 9. I'm definitely copping on sale. I didn't cop any 9s until they were on sale either.

Haven't seen NW's review yet, but I've slowly lost interest in the ASG colorway. I'm all in for the purple/blk.

Blue lagoon growing on me but I gotta hold out for the highs. Not feelin the all stars. That big silver tongue looks really odd IMO.
I think the tongue is a bit deceptive.  I put them on today and when they're unlaced it does appear to be larger then normal.  However if you decide to lace/tie them then it tucks away nicely and sits as a normal tongue should.  

I think the tongue is a bit deceptive.  I put them on today and when they're unlaced it does appear to be larger then normal.  However if you decide to lace/tie them then it tucks away nicely and sits as a normal tongue should.  

Can you post a pic of them laced and tied? I'm on the fence about them too?

I dunno, I was hyped for the all stars til I saw nightwing's pair get torn up...
After watching Nightwing play, I wouldn't be surprised if he was running on the sides of his shoes while he plays and that's how they got all torn up. Dude sucks and I think his pair should be considered an outlier, not the norm.

After watching Nightwing play, I wouldn't be surprised if he was running on the sides of his shoes while he plays and that's how they got all torn up. Dude sucks and I think his pair should be considered an outlier, not the norm.

Lol bro where u from and have u played woth him b4? Or is it all opinion?

And no ik not coming at u jus asking a str8 up question

Last edited:
Lol bro where u from and have u played woth him b4? Or is it all opinion?

It's all opinion. I'm from the Modesto area, but I honestly want to make a trip out to the gym he plays at  and record him playing and put it in this thread. You said you've seen him play before didn't you?

Nightwing posted a lot videos of him playing but I dont think he looks that bad

He looks like your typical 3rd/4th option dude at your local gym

I can't get over the silver on the All Stars, looks so tacky.

I went to the House of Hoops in my area today, they only have one size left of the Kobe X. Lol, looks like people aren't passing these up. People we're lining up for the Kobe X All Star raffle tickets too. 

Lol agreed. Everyone is talking trash about those YouTubers. I'm not saying they're good but let's be real lol, I guarantee if everyone here recorded themselves playing ball 90% of you guys would look the same lol. So come on guys, quit with the insulting, just let them ball. 

Not sure where you're from, but naw b :lol:

I've retired and focus on weights now, but he's the dude you pick to get enough for a run.

I just hate how condescending and how he comes off as a know it all in his videos. You would think he was Kobe himself. That's why I myself find his game funny.

Compare this to Kicksgenius, and you can tell they're having fun with it and enjoy it. Nightwing seems angry. Like he's irritated by even reviewing the sneakers and he doesn't really enjoy it. It's a hustle that he now seems forced to do.

The difference is, not everyone on here is claiming that they're pushing this shoe to the limits like he is. I was never into his videos though, because I had an instant red flag when other youtubers were putting up videos of their runs in certain shoes, and he rarely, if ever, posted his "performance reviews". Good for him for making a hustle outta shoes, but I personally think he's a joke.

Not sure where you're from, but naw b
laugh.gif

I've retired and focus on weights now, but he's the dude you pick to get enough for a run.

I just hate how condescending and how he comes off as a know it all in his videos. You would think he was Kobe himself. That's why I myself find his game funny.

Compare this to Kicksgenius, and you can tell they're having fun with it and enjoy it. Nightwing seems angry. Like he's irritated by even reviewing the sneakers and he doesn't really enjoy it. It's a hustle that he now seems forced to do.
^This
laugh.gif
Don't come in here trying to tell me nightwing is an above average type of point guard. He hucks up shots and doesn't even run the floor. HE is what is wrong with pickup games

Maybe yall play at gyms with a bunch of studs :lol:

The typical gyms like 24 hr Fitness, Lifetime, Golds Gym, LA Fitness are littered with a bunch of dudes who think they can play but can't. They may be more athletic than Nightwing but they are dumb as ****. Just having basic playing IQ, having stamina, being able to shoot and pass puts you ahead of half of these dudes :lol:

Last edited:
I just watched the Kobe review and at the end he starts giving a lecture about do you need these and them costing $180, and you could get a pair of $50 clearance sneakers. If they invited him to an event like Under Armour or Jordan Brand, I guarantee you he wouldn't have said that. The Jordan XX9 cost $225 and....

That's why I question the integrity of a lot of these reviewers, because they're now getting bought.

Notice how he never compares some of the newer models some people might be deciding between, like the Lillard, Curry or Kobe. That's what people want to hear, not you scolding people over wanting $200 sneakers.

Man just give your review and shut up.

Last edited:
You can tell Nightwing absolutely hates the Kobe X but he isn't flat out saying it. I wonder how much they can get away with saying without burning bridges. Its lame how it gets to that point where you cant be real about how you feel about a shoe because of sponsors. It is what it is though, gotta make that money somehow.

I see a lot of people at gyms who look like they can flat out ball but they get in the game and don't play with fundamentals so they are beatable. To succeed in any pick up game at a local gym you just gotta get a mid range jumper, screen away from the ball, cut or roll 2 basket. Play the game the right way.

Nightwing best attribute as a sneaker review is his ability to speak about the tech in a shoe. He is a guy that can talk the talk but when it comes to balling he isn't walking the walk.

Last edited:
Maybe yall play at gyms with a bunch of studs :lol:

The typical gyms like 24 hr Fitness, Lifetime, Golds Gym, LA Fitness are littered with a bunch of dudes who think they can play but can't. They may be more athletic than Nightwing but they are dumb as ****. Just having basic playing IQ, having stamina, being able to shoot and pass puts you ahead of half of these dudes :lol:

Where do you stay tho? I'm guessing new york (just a joke :lol:). I'm in so cal and you can get some legit runs out here during prime time hours.

The only thing Nightwing said that was worthwhile for me that this shoe is beneficial for an aging player when talking about the cushioning. But will wait for more people to review them and comment on the cushioning.

Don't want to be in the same situation like I was with the Kobe 8's and 9's where when I woke up the next morning, I didn't have to wonder what shoe I hooped in the day before. Just listening to him it sounds like this shoe is a bottom out candidate as well....

Back
Top Bottom