Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

These are nice, but people are waaaay overstating how much better they look in person. Of course they're nicer IRL, but people are acting like you walk into the store and the X's are giving off some heavenly light and a hallelujah chorus starts up as soon as your eyes spot them in person lol
welcome to niketalk

Well in all fairness I went into the HOH in SA and tried on a pair of Xs. 

My initial thought is they felt comfortable on foot.

On foot with jeans my wife's comments " They look just like a regular pair of nike's."

I had on the perspectives and that might be why.

I will have to wait though for some more interesting colorways. 

Last edited:
DONT BUY THE 10! LETS SEND A MESSAGE TO NIKE!

The-Price-Is-Too-Damn-High-Reaction-Gif.gif

No. Nikes tryna send you a message. Get your paper up is that message. Ha ha ha

I do make good money, its about principle. No item that costs 10-20$ to produce, should be selling for 200$, especially if its gonna fall apart so easily. Another thing for me to is, the one thing you can say about the Kobe 9 is, it was an amazingly constructed shoe! It was sturdy, the materials are strong, there are no trouble areas on the shoe. So to me, if Nike builds a shoe the next year, increases the price, and the shoe is a downgrade in quality, how does that make sense? And why would us consumers support that?

I was joking and I get what your saying. I'm not a tech guy at all though. I just buy what looks good to me. I'm all with a boycott IF we had enough people to actually do so and force change. Until then though I'm not missing out on sneakers I may like to make a statement that changes nothing.

I do make good money, its about principle. No item that costs 10-20$ to produce, should be selling for 200$, especially if its gonna fall apart so easily. Another thing for me to is, the one thing you can say about the Kobe 9 is, it was an amazingly constructed shoe! It was sturdy, the materials are strong, there are no trouble areas on the shoe. So to me, if Nike builds a shoe the next year, increases the price, and the shoe is a downgrade in quality, how does that make sense? And why would us consumers support that?

Just curious...In what ways do you think the Xs are a quality downgrade? And before you think I'm throwing shade I'd like to say I agree with your statement overall, case in point: lebron 11 elite was a downgrade in materials yet $75 more than the original. I just don't particularly see the downgrade between these and the 9s.

And in terms of mentality you have the right personal attitude, don't buy what you don't like...but you can't realistically expect people with differing opinions to follow suit, they just like the kicks more than you which automatically justifies the price to them.

Nike never explained it. What's that black clip sticking out on the outsole?
Isn't that the carbon fiber "arrow"
Well in all fairness I went into the HOH in SA and tried on a pair of Xs. 

My initial thought is they felt comfortable on foot.

On foot with jeans my wife's comments " They look just like a regular pair of nike's."

I had on the perspectives and that might be why.

I will have to wait though for some more interesting colorways. 

My wife said the same thing...."they look like every other kobe shoe, isnt this the same shoe as the ones you bought last year? I said " the soles are different and so is the midsole"...she just rolled her eyes...:lol:

I passed, will have to wait until a better color comes out

Fair enough, if guys like the shoe, and feel that they are worth it, by all means, by the shoe. As for the downgrade, They went from the engineered mesh/flyknit, to fuse basically. The all star colour way, apparently starts falling apart after a couple wearings. I have seen a few postings, including Nightwing, that shoe the material on the instep cracking, and peeling. I love the look of the All star colour way too, and am very disappointed that the quality isn't top notch. I like the look of the Kobe 10 all star better then the kobe 9 low, so that isn't the issue. I have 4 pairs of Kobe 9 low and 2 pairs of 9 highs, and I have been playing every day in them for the past year, and the shoe just won't break down. Its impressive how much of a beating the 9's have taken an not had a single problem occur.

You say that you don't see the 10 as a downgrade from the 9, but do you see it as an upgrade? Cause they jacked the price up, and by the sounds of it, it wasn't justified.

Also, The air bubble in the back, I haven't bought shoes that had visible air since 2001, and the reason being, they always popped and the stability wasn't there. Im not sure how much they have improved it, but right away, when I saw that, I thought downgrade. Just from personal experience with visible air. Not a selling feature for me.

^^Its a mesh upper not fuse, I too was skeptical about the upper and didn't really care for the air bag at first sight for aesthetic reasons but after having them in hand and wearing them, I really don't think they're a downgrade from the 9 at all. Breathability and flexibility are top notch like past EMs. Plus let's not forget the air bag may pop but the last 3 very successful models had midsoles that easily bottomed out, there's always something to be desired. Regarding the cracking on the all stars it seems to be an isolated incident with that extra layer on just that CW (hopefully).
And no I don't see it as an upgrade yet either, though someone can make a valid argument for it. But that's also why I didn't pay retail lol.

Last edited:
Just found out it's going to be $260 after taxes here for the Kobe X. Might just wait until it goes on sale and just cop some EM 9 at the outlets for now. :frown:

Last edited:
Way better fit on the X than the IX EMs to me. The 9 EM felt so stiff to me. Surprised guards could play in them. The X feels way more fluid. The X flyknit should be even better. So to me I don't see a materials downgrade. A design one, yes.

On first wear around the house...I'm definitely liking them.

Fit is definitely more TTS and less narrow than the Kyrie 1 is initially. The traction seems like it will be awesome. The shoe is straight up sticking to the wood and tile floors. You can hear them stick and unstick like a suction cup almost haha.

Definitely seems really comfy so far, can't wait to hoop in them.

If there is a kobe 10 flyknit, I don't even want to know what the price is. Hoping to rack up on some kobe 9 lows on that steep discount.

My biggest complaint right now with the shoe is how they have the stitching on one side the the shozoku on the other. Should just get rid of the stiching idea. Whats gonna happen next year, the shoe is gonna be modeled after his shoulder surgery. Maybe they will put an emblem of a sling on the back. 

My biggest complaint right now with the shoe is how they have the stitching on one side the the shozoku on the other. Should just get rid of the stiching idea. Whats gonna happen next year, the shoe is gonna be modeled after his shoulder surgery. Maybe they will put an emblem of a sling on the back. 
:rofl:

My biggest complaint is I couldn't find a pair today in my size at footlocker with coupon code. N0o0oOooOO.

I'll be okay. Just Might have to wait.

Last edited:
I regrettably passed on the 8 Blitz Blues and Blue Snakes a couple years ago, and was glad to pick these up for hoops.

Just from trying them on, the heel feels more like air max than zoom, but still very comfortable.  The lunarlon feels great as well in the rest of the shoe, but the upper feels a little stiffer than the 8 and 9, which I'm sure will break-in quickly.  

I also like the simplicity of the design, "tech" and all, but like most everyone else here, not with the price hike.  I'll consider picking up a FK version of these for hoops if they end up being a go-to shoe for me.

Back
Top Bottom