Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Yall boys ain't hot rocking the X high winter look? Lol. This is one of the reasons I'm considering bringing back my highs. Tough to rock these in the summer IMO.

Last edited:
So I just tried out the elites. For narrow footers they do run a little bit long. However it doesn't feel like they run as long as the lows. I cant tell if its because they actually aren't as long or if its because the containment is better.

Containment is a lot better on the highs than the lows. I am about to play in a city league game in about an hour or so but I wanted to put in my experience with them. I am going to give a better review later on tonight.

Played in the city league game last night. 6"4" 225 shot 2/15 for 4 points lol jk. Anyways heres what I got.

Traction- Same as the low

Sizing/Fit- Runs a tad bit long however containment is amazing. The shoot fits a lot more snug than the Kobe 9 elite. As a narrow footer these felt pretty good. I would suggest TTS, I don't think half sizing down would be a great idea but it might be doable for some.

Cushioning- Pretty much the same as the lows. Only difference being that there is more of a cushion in the heel counter. There is more padding in there than in the Kobe 9 Elite as well.

Ventilation- Definitely an upgrade over the Kobe 9 elite as well. Especially in the collar. This has to do with the material of the collar and it is also see through lol.

Lockdown- Didn't experience any heel slippage at all. Even though the shoe runs a tad big long, after lacing up I didn't experience any slippage in the forefoot area. There is def a little bit of room but when playing full speed it didn't bother me at all.

Overall great shoe, I wish I would have waited and just got these over the lows. The lows are nice but just don't fit me as well as these.

Played in the city league game last night. 6"4" 225 shot 2/15 for 4 points lol jk. Anyways heres what I got.

Sizing/Fit- Runs a tad bit long however containment is amazing. The shoot fits a lot more snug than the Kobe 9 elite. As a narrow footer these felt pretty good. I would suggest TTS, I don't think half sizing down would be a great idea but it might be doable for some.

Cushioning- Pretty much the same as the lows. Only difference being that there is more of a cushion in the heel counter. There is more padding in there than in the Kobe 9 Elite as well.

Ventilation- Definitely an upgrade over the Kobe 9 elite as well. Especially in the collar. This has to do with the material of the collar and it is also see through lol.

Lockdown- Didn't experience any heel slippage at all. Even though the shoe runs a tad big long, after lacing up I didn't experience any slippage in the forefoot area. There is def a little bit of room but when playing full speed it didn't bother me at all.

Overall great shoe, I wish I would have waited and just got these over the lows. The lows are nice but just don't fit me as well as these.

Great review man! As much as I love the 9s, I think the X are way better performance wise. They aren't as clunky or as bulky. The 9 heel cup would dig into my ankles on really hard cuts as well, and the X seemed to fix that problem. I'm a big fan of zoom over lunar for basketball, so I'm glad they got rid of the removable insole gimmick.

Thanks for the review bro.
Ironically, it's refreshing to see a review of a basketball shoe's performance on this forum as opposed to "I don't know a thing about how this shoe fits or performs, but I can't wait for the hot-pink Kim Kardashian/HTM collabo colorway, will go great with my Nike Galaxy running leggings!"

Great review 
nthat.gif

I haven't played in my Elites yet, but from just trying them and on wearing them for a couple hours inside, I definitely have to agree about the sizing with you, because I also have narrow feet and feel the same way about it.

Great review man! As much as I love the 9s, I think the X are way better performance wise. They aren't as clunky or as bulky. The 9 heel cup would dig into my ankles on really hard cuts as well, and the X seemed to fix that problem. I'm a big fan of zoom over lunar for basketball, so I'm glad they got rid of the removable insole gimmick.
Appreciate it sir. As much as I hate to admit, they are an upgrade over the 9's. Everything you said is true about not being clunky or bulky. They feel like an extension of your foot almost. I'm 50/50 over the removable sole. I like you can switch them but the downside is the lunarlon bottoms out pretty quick.
Thanks for the review bro.
Ironically, it's refreshing to see a review of a basketball shoe's performance on this forum as opposed to "I don't know a thing about how this shoe fits or performs, but I can't wait for the hot-pink Kim Kardashian/HTM collabo colorway, will go great with my Nike Galaxy running leggings!"
No problem I appreciate it. The shoe game has definitely turned into a hypebeasts game. Its funny to me how the shoe game has gotten so mainstream. Just last night I saw a mcdonalds commercial that was aimed towards sneakerheads.  

mastralf mastralf thanks for the review, let us know if your thoughts change after future wears. Im picking up my pair friday and will try to put in some work next week

Back
Top Bottom