Kobe's game 7

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Definitely not entirely true and depends on the context. If someone mentions Jerry West casually, we might remember him as The Logo. If someone starts comparing Jerry West to Michael Jordan, you best believe everything negative about his career will be pointed out to show that he's not Michael Jordan. The same goes for every other player, depending on the magnitude of the claim made about him. And this where this whole article fails.

.......and that's where it all begins and ends for Kobe Bryant and the rest of his fanbase.  If only you Kobe fans wouldn't compare or even think to compare Kobe to MJ then you might be okay.  Instead you dudes make foolish accusations trying to say Kobe is on Jordan's level or even worse yet better than MJ.  Most of you Kobe fans dig your own graves when you try to compare Kobe to MJ, all you gotta dude is just look at Kobe for who and what he is and leave it at that.

You won 1, then 2, then 3 championships w/ Shaq as the MVP and you want people to recognize that you're 'franchise player' worthy?

Exactly, just another example of how Kobe played the role of Robin while Shaq played the role or Batman while they were together.

jordan is jordan, bird is bird and magic is magic they are the best in their position but its unfair to really compare these new guys to them

I couldn't agree more champ, now all you gotta do is spread that message to the rest of you Lakers brethren and this forum would be alot better
happy.gif

lol why is it that people who've been around both players compare them.  Tex Winter and Phil jackson themselves have compared both players.  Michael Jordan himself doesn't mind the comparisons.  How does him playing behind shaq for those 3 years not mean he isn't a franchise player, he played behind one of the most dominant big men of all time.  You take either off that team and there is no 3 peat.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

bijald0331:
And if you don't think Kobe was Robin to Shaq during those 3 title runs, I don't know what to tell you. One of the best Robins ever, no doubt. But he was still the 2nd option.
Exactly how I feel. If THAT Shaq were coupled with THIS Kobe and they 3-peated, I would definitely have trouble calling them 'Batman and Robin'; I would want to describe them more like Batman & Superman or something. But the way it actually was? Shaq was Batman and Kobe was Robin, bursting at the seams with anticipation & desire to shed his Robin cape for that Batman cape... and he's done exactly that. But he hadn't back then.
Funny, Kobe's top 5 playoff games ever are probably all from that 3-peat run.
laugh.gif

bijald0331:
And if you don't think Kobe was Robin to Shaq during those 3 title runs, I don't know what to tell you. One of the best Robins ever, no doubt. But he was still the 2nd option.
Exactly how I feel. If THAT Shaq were coupled with THIS Kobe and they 3-peated, I would definitely have trouble calling them 'Batman and Robin'; I would want to describe them more like Batman & Superman or something. But the way it actually was? Shaq was Batman and Kobe was Robin, bursting at the seams with anticipation & desire to shed his Robin cape for that Batman cape... and he's done exactly that. But he hadn't back then.
Funny, Kobe's top 5 playoff games ever are probably all from that 3-peat run.
laugh.gif

^ I'd bet that if NT voted on Kobe's top 5 playoff games and they ended up being games from the 3-peat, they would end up being games where Shaq was either injured, struggling, or in foul trouble... meaning that when Kobe needed to come through, he came through LARGE. Like I said, he was a second-option DYING to be the primary player, which is exactly what he is today. But he wasn't then. It's not that he was FAR away, like he was some minion to Shaq; not at all.

^ I'd bet that if NT voted on Kobe's top 5 playoff games and they ended up being games from the 3-peat, they would end up being games where Shaq was either injured, struggling, or in foul trouble... meaning that when Kobe needed to come through, he came through LARGE. Like I said, he was a second-option DYING to be the primary player, which is exactly what he is today. But he wasn't then. It's not that he was FAR away, like he was some minion to Shaq; not at all.

The Kobe fans just need to admit, Shaq was repping the 500 lb bench. Kobe was the spotter that sometimes made sure that last rep on the set made it to the rack
laugh.gif
That's reality

The Kobe fans just need to admit, Shaq was repping the 500 lb bench. Kobe was the spotter that sometimes made sure that last rep on the set made it to the rack
laugh.gif
That's reality

some of ya'll are in desperate need of a history lesson
laugh.gif

ks1o.jpg

ks2d.jpg

ks3z.jpg

robin? smh

laugh.gif

ks1o.jpg

ks2d.jpg

ks3z.jpg

robin? smh

Originally Posted by purpleRElGN

laugh.gif

ks1o.jpg

ks2d.jpg

ks3z.jpg

robin? smh

my man (nh)
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by purpleRElGN

laugh.gif

ks1o.jpg

ks2d.jpg

ks3z.jpg

robin? smh

my man (nh)
pimp.gif

Thanks for proving a great point...LOOK HOW MUCH HE SCORED IN THE FOURTH
laugh.gif
Who else had the luxury of having the Juggernaut down low (pause) to soften up the opposing frontline for Bean to go ham in the fourth? This guy was cruising the entire game, it is so laughable that you guys can't admit that Shaq was the common DENOMINATOR, Kobe could be replaced with any prolific SG at the time and SHAQ would still have gotten his rings. SHAQ WAS A GAMECHANGER IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD.

laugh.gif
Who else had the luxury of having the Juggernaut down low (pause) to soften up the opposing frontline for Bean to go ham in the fourth? This guy was cruising the entire game, it is so laughable that you guys can't admit that Shaq was the common DENOMINATOR, Kobe could be replaced with any prolific SG at the time and SHAQ would still have gotten his rings. SHAQ WAS A GAMECHANGER IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD.

Originally Posted by 0cks

laugh.gif
i know rite 4th quarter scoring lolololololol
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i really hope most of the posts here are like yours that are simply bait. the truly disturbing ones are those by people like ska that i believe are actually serious
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
i know rite 4th quarter scoring lolololololol
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i really hope most of the posts here are like yours that are simply bait. the truly disturbing ones are those by people like ska that i believe are actually serious
laugh.gif

I guess you stopped reading after the first sentence. Real talk tho I'm as serious as a heartattack
laugh.gif

I guess you stopped reading after the first sentence. Real talk tho I'm as serious as a heartattack
laugh.gif

I mean, hes right though.

The plan was to double Shaq, and pray Kobe would miss. Of course, Kobe wouldnt miss though. Theres props to BOTH shaq and Kobe. neither could have done it without each other. whats so hard to admit about that? Why does there always have to be a better player? basketball is a TEAM, i repeat, TEAM sport.

I mean, hes right though.

The plan was to double Shaq, and pray Kobe would miss. Of course, Kobe wouldnt miss though. Theres props to BOTH shaq and Kobe. neither could have done it without each other. whats so hard to admit about that? Why does there always have to be a better player? basketball is a TEAM, i repeat, TEAM sport.

laugh.gif

So Kobe wasn't a gamechanger? Do you remember the hack a shaq? Who had the ball in their hands during crunch time? Its hilarious because Shaq had a prolific SG in Penny Hardaway & how many rings did they rack up?

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

So Kobe wasn't a gamechanger? Do you remember the hack a shaq? Who had the ball in their hands during crunch time? Its hilarious because Shaq had a prolific SG in Penny Hardaway & how many rings did they rack up?

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Jae Kilroy

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
You guys are awesome
laugh.gif
supporting my arguments and stuff. Shaq and the entire opposing frontline had just gotten done completing a 3on1 no holds barred Royal Rumble after three quarters. Fouled out, bruised, battered and tired by the time the 4th rolled around. Kobe had the lane with no resistance.

Honestly you deserve a filthy slap for bringing up Shaq in Orlando as a valid argument
laugh.gif
Shaq was not in his prime, neither was Penny. Them reaching the finals is a true testament to their talents and BBall IQ's. The championships would have eventually happened after Money retired anyways.

Really though I am scratching my heads, are ya'll suggesting that Kobe @ 22 was as dominate as Shaq in his prime? His one Kryptonite couldn't even be exploited without sacrificing fouls... 7'0 nimble as %@*%, could jump out the gym, bench press Staples...Superman
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jae Kilroy

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
You guys are awesome
laugh.gif
supporting my arguments and stuff. Shaq and the entire opposing frontline had just gotten done completing a 3on1 no holds barred Royal Rumble after three quarters. Fouled out, bruised, battered and tired by the time the 4th rolled around. Kobe had the lane with no resistance.

Honestly you deserve a filthy slap for bringing up Shaq in Orlando as a valid argument
laugh.gif
Shaq was not in his prime, neither was Penny. Them reaching the finals is a true testament to their talents and BBall IQ's. The championships would have eventually happened after Money retired anyways.

Really though I am scratching my heads, are ya'll suggesting that Kobe @ 22 was as dominate as Shaq in his prime? His one Kryptonite couldn't even be exploited without sacrificing fouls... 7'0 nimble as %@*%, could jump out the gym, bench press Staples...Superman
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom