LA Area deputy shoots boy carrying toy handgun

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by Forgot About Jae

What people fail to realize is there's certain cops out there who are actually scared as hell of the world around them. They've been conditioned to think the world is against them and some of these dudes went to high school with us and was straight (()) ..so they rely on uniform and a gun to feel tough. Nobody grows up wanting to be a damn cop

+%+! em.

But that lil boy done @!@@%% up
Gee, why would cops feel like the world is against them when you follow this statement up with the words "$#+# them" ???
eyes.gif

There are plenty of dumb cops out there, but generalizing them all to be the same way is just as bad as anything those bad cops could do to you... racial profiling, discrimination, etc.. these cops do have targets on their backs for the most part, from the media to the people like you screaming "$#+# them" because you have your own issues and vendettas against them all for some unknown reason.

As for the story itself - the kid deserved to get shot, and he's lucky he didn't get killed.

just curious... if the victim were your brother/sister would you still feel that he deserved to get shot?

not to mention nobody deserves to get shot... so stop wit that...

people make mistakes... the kid made a mistake... the cop made a mistake... nobody "got what they deserved"
if you point a gun at a cop, you deserve to get shot.. period, end of story.

I didn't say he deserved to die - but if you want to be a big man and point a gun, you better be ready to deal with the consequences.

and neither's mistake is greater/less than the other... they were equally at fault here... just leave it at that..
The cop isn't at fault whatsoever... if somebody draws a gun on him, he has the right to open fire. Just leave it at that.

from the information available, the cop didnt make a mistake, the cop did his job.

if you point a gun at a cop, you deserve to get shot.. period, end of story.

that sums it up

Originally Posted by Hugo

What people fail to realize is there's certain cops out there who are actually scared as hell of the world around them. They've been conditioned to think the world is against them and some of these dudes went to high school with us and was straight (()) ..so they rely on uniform and a gun to feel tough. Nobody grows up wanting to be a damn cop

+%+! em.

this is the dumbest thing i ever read on niketalk.
You mean to tell me some of these cops aren't scared #*%! -less on the job ? You ever had a cop point a gun at you while getting into your owncar and he'll be trembling alot more than you are ? I have..and I won't front like I'm not scared as hell when that happens, but some of them copslook like they're about to drop the gun off how bad they're hands are shaking..

You can dislike what I said all you want, I don't expect nobody to think just like me...but at the end of the day, thinking what I want is still legal andsafe ...police errors/abuse are not

I'm willing to bet that little kid took off the little orange tip on the gun. I swear they need to paint those things on or something these days. Not gonnalie when I owned a toy gun as a kid I took the orange tip off too, I wanted it to look like the real thing...but fact of the matter is that's unsafe.

Originally Posted by Hugo

+%+! em.

this is the dumbest thing i ever read on niketalk.
You mean to tell me some of these cops aren't scared #*%! -less on the job ? You ever had a cop point a gun at you while getting into your own car and he'll be trembling alot more than you are ? I have..and I won't front like I'm not scared as hell when that happens, but some of them cops look like they're about to drop the gun off how bad they're hands are shaking..

You can dislike what I said all you want, I don't expect nobody to think just like me...but at the end of the day, thinking what I want is still legal and safe ...police errors/abuse are not

i would agree that there is some cops that swear they the **** and could do anything to us just for the f of it but i dont agree with the " Nobody growsup wanting to be a damn cop"

I remember in 4th grade I was walking down the street on this HOT #*$ day and I had a my Super Soaker (Obviously looks nothing like a real gun with all thoseneons colors).

So anyway a Police Officer come up to me and says "Hey kid, you mind [Pause, pause, pause] shooting me with the water gun?" I look at dude and evenTHAT young I handed the cop the water gun and let him do it himself
laugh.gif

I don't wanna hear any excuses about that kid's unless he was like 6 or under.

laugh.gif
kid is an idiot if he really did point the gun at the cops. And for real who is playing cops and robbers at that age. Seems a little fishy to me.

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

I remember in 4th grade I was walking down the street on this HOT #*$ day and I had a my Super Soaker (Obviously looks nothing like a real gun with all those neons colors).

So anyway a Police Officer come up to me and says "Hey kid, you mind [Pause, pause, pause] shooting me with the water gun?" I look at dude and even THAT young I handed the cop the water gun and let him do it himself
laugh.gif

hahaha word up, i learned real early not to %$+# with the police at all. i wont even buy a blunt in a store if a cops in there. %*%! my whitefriend almost got us shot one night cause that fool wanted to go the exact opposite side of the vehicle the cop told him, guns came out quick and i hit thedeck i was like mother +#$##% you cant be doing %*%! like that!

I need more info before I really side with one over the other, but right now I'm with the cop. I don't know how young the kid was, but my littlecousins (8 & 10) probably know better so anything older and I blame the parents.

And people who aren't reading the whole thing should. Don't give me that bull it's made up because it could very well be the actual story. If youwere a cop then put yourself in his shoes. If some kid pointed a gun at you you're not gonna ley your guard down, especially if the gun looked real. Youcan't tell me you would let your guard down and take a bullet just because it was a kid. Not to mention this kid could very well be more than a kid.

Originally Posted by JuJu

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

I remember in 4th grade I was walking down the street on this HOT #*$ day and I had a my Super Soaker (Obviously looks nothing like a real gun with all those neons colors).

So anyway a Police Officer come up to me and says "Hey kid, you mind [Pause, pause, pause] shooting me with the water gun?" I look at dude and even THAT young I handed the cop the water gun and let him do it himself
laugh.gif

hahaha word up, i learned real early not to %$+# with the police at all. i wont even buy a blunt in a store if a cops in there. %*%! my white friend almost got us shot one night cause that fool wanted to go the exact opposite side of the vehicle the cop told him, guns came out quick and i hit the deck i was like mother +#$##% you cant be doing %*%! like that!

laugh.gif
Yea man, I don't play that "Ice Cube in 90s movies" #$+%with the police. That #$+% don't work in real life.

to people saying the kid "deserved" to get shot?
indifferent.gif
seriously?

anyways, I'll wait for the whole story to come out. there were not enough details in the initial story.

I side with the cop this time. The kid had a airsoft gun? And kids always spray paint the orange tip black. So how would he know it was a toy? And he pointedit at him. I would of shot him too out of self defense. It was an honest mistake and see where he's coming from.

Its a simple would of could of situation. Id say the officer should of took heart that it was a kid, but who am i to judge him if he felt threaten in thatmoment he can go on instincts by all means.

I just want to see pics on the boy on the bike and the gun, to further figure out this sit.

I'll wait for the kid to recover and hear his side of it before I decide what to think. I mean the cop sounds justified now.

I find it hard to believe no matter how young, this kid would just randomly point the gun at some cops.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by jdizzle75

Age has the nothin to do with the ability to pull a trigger

But it does play a difference in how you react in a situation. This kid that was shot should have known to not even be holding a toy gun around cops, let alonepoint it at them.

For the record, I'd never take my airsoft gun anywhere outside unless I'm gonna go have a game with friends. At 15, I wouldn't do it either.

Why does it sound like some of you automatically assume that the cop was wrong? Why does the kid pointing the gun have to be made up? Are some of you thatinfluenced by some of the rap albums or movies you've seen?

We don't know how old the kid is, so even though most of you might picture an innocent five-year old kid on a bike, that might be wrong. If you'regonna point an object resembling a gun at some cops, they aren't gonna come inspect what it is because you're a kid.

Back
Top Bottom