**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

IMG_6808.JPG

was looking for a Ball UCLA jersey online Cant seem to find a real one. Anyone know where to get one? Amazon has a fake one for 22 bucks which i might just get if I keep striking out at stores for a real one.

Reviews on the fake are mixed. Some people get a very real looking fake while others get one with different color font and one that had an nba patch on it LOL

Last edited:
was looking for a Ball UCLA jersey online Cant seem to find a real one. Anyone know where to get one? Amazon has a fake one for 22 bucks which i might just get if I keep striking out at stores for a real one.

Reviews on the fake are mixed. Some people get a very real looking fake while others get one with different color font and one that had an nba patch on it LOL

They have Adidas ones on sale at the NBA store

Reactions: DLF
Nice write-up from the Ringer about Kyle Kuzma

Kyle Kuzma, Los Angeles Lakers
Everything about Kuzma’s NBA upside screamed theoretical player. He had great shooting fundamentals at Utah, but he hit only 30.2 percent from 3 on 169 attempts. He has long arms and played his *** off on defense, but his awareness and fundamentals left a lot to be desired. The signs were always there, but the results weren’t. For a player who projected as a 3-and-D-style forward, Kuzma lacked a lot of 3-and-D qualities you’d like to see from a rookie who turns 22 later this month.

But after watching Kuzma dominate the Las Vegas summer league, averaging 21.9 points, 6.4 rebounds, and 2.7 assists while playing versatile defense, I already feel like an idiot for ranking him 47th in The Ringer’s 2017 NBA Draft Guide. I can’t imagine how some teams are feeling for passing on him in the draft. Even though it’s only summer league, Kuzma has already shown enough to prove he shouldn’t have fallen to 27th.

It helped Kuzma’s cause to play a chunk of his minutes with Lonzo Ball, who is “a giver,” as The Ringer’s Danny Chau described him Tuesday. Kuzma did a lot of the receiving, racing up the floor in transition, knowing he could be rewarded with spectacular outlet passes, or properly making himself available for kickout passes for 3. This is what happens when you assemble a team with smart players who play unselfishly. It helps that Kuzma’s summer shooting was about as hot as the Vegas sun.

“In college, you’re the no. 1 option. Everyone has eyes on you,” Kuzma said. “With a lot of spacing and great players around me, I’m able to free up my game.” Kuzma drained 24 of 50 triples in Vegas. Let’s be real. There’s no friggin’ way Kuzma will sustain his hot shooting after hitting just 30.2 percent in college. Maybe Kuzma is right that poor college spacing stifled his game. But it’s worth asking why he shot such a low percentage in college. Was it a biomechanical issue? Does he have poor touch? He also shot just 63.1 percent from the line. Was 169 attempts just a small sample size? It’s hard to know. At the NBA combine, Kuzma shot 4-of-5 from 3 during a tremendous all-around performance in the combine scrimmage game, after which he shut it down and declared for the draft. He’s since followed that up by hitting 48 percent of his 3s this summer. If you combine all these shots, Kuzma’s lifetime 3-point rate is 35.2 percent on 224 attempts. Not too shabby, and it could keep rising.

What’s fascinating about Kuzma’s Sin City hot streak is his form hasn’t changed. About the only difference I’ve observed is more consistent footwork when landing — you’ll see in the college clip, Kuzma lands on his left foot, while in the summer he lands balanced on both. But even then, his footing isn’t consistent. Sometimes he lands with his feet wide, sometimes narrow. I’m not sure what this means for his shot. The best shooters are able to hit off-balance shots, so maybe it’s a good thing. But it could be a sign that his fundamentals need further tweaks. Only time will tell what kind of shooter Kuzma really is. In the meantime, he needs to keep playing defense with this type of effort:

Blazers rookie Caleb Swanigan, drafted one pick ahead of Kuzma, is a heavyweight. He weighs 246 pounds to Kuzma’s 223. Yet in the summer title game on Monday, Kuzma battled, bruised, and bumped with Swanigan. Swanigan might have tossed Kuzma around, but it was encouraging that he showed the will to defend a much much beefier player.

Kuzma also had impressive moments defending the perimeter against top-level isolation scorers — by summer league standards — like Celtics rookie Jayson Tatum.

Defending the likes of Kawhi Leonard, Jimmy Butler, or Paul George will demand even more from Kuzma. But he’s off to a good start. The indicators (his effort, hustle, and lateral quickness) that he can translate success are there. The next stage is to keep honing his fundamentals and getting stronger. Magic Johnson says the Lakers are back. That might not be true yet, but they’re getting closer.

https://theringer.com/nba-summer-league-all-stars-kyle-kuzma-semi-ojeleye-jonah-bolden-bb00a7ec3f84
https://theringer.com/nba-summer-league-all-stars-kyle-kuzma-semi-ojeleye-jonah-bolden-bb00a7ec3f84

Reactions: God
Back
Top Bottom