**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

DLo has a jumper tho...

You want him to shoot 30% from 3? Yes or no? Zo either takes 3s or layups which he can't finish right now for whatever reason. I'd aim a bit higher for his 3 point prowess.

We'll just have to see how he looks after they tweak/fix his shot next season for that. He needs to finish his layups more which would make him more effective.

Lavar hyping him up put a target on his back. Every bad game, every airball dissected. Everyone gunning for him. Son looks mad shook

Nobody knows or talks or cares about Fox, JJ, DSJ, Monk, etc

Dlo would never go out looking scared and embarrassed. Dlo wasn't dropping 0 point stat lines :lol:.

Spotlight might be too bright for Lonzo but I'm sure he'll get used to it.

He didn't have any 0 point stat lines but plenty of single digit scoring games in his rookie year as well. Zo wasn't ever touted as a scorer so that part of his game isn't much of a concern at this point.

Point remains. Dlo was never out there looking scared of the roc + shooting < 50 % from the free throw line.

Could only imagine how you would've slandered Dlo if he did. I'm sure you'd remind us every post :rofl:

He didn't have any 0 point stat lines but plenty of single digit scoring games in his rookie year as well. Zo wasn't ever touted as a scorer so that part of his game isn't much of a concern at this point.

For sure, but he didn’t have anywhere close to the freedom Lonzo has currently, which includes minutes. He also had a roster that was much worse surrounding him. He also had to deal with Kobe making a mockery out of the sport of basketball that season.

Anyway, they aren’t comparable. Different players, different styles. Unfortunately they get compared because of the trade, but that was done for this summer.

Zo should be fine, but it’s definitely fair to have some concerns. Seems like a lot of it is a confidence thing, which is surprising because he was touted as a guy that doesn’t get rattled. But there is a lot of a pressure on top of being a rookie point guard in the NBA, which is hard to deal with even if you’re a guy that is very calm.

you mean kobes farewell tour.
d'lo averaged 13.2 on 41 and 35% shooting percentages that season

not sure how scoring is even a concern when the kid doesnt even shoot.

Point remains. Dlo was never out there looking scared of the roc + shooting < 50 % from the free throw line.

Could only imagine how you would've slandered Dlo if he did. I'm sure you'd remind us every post :rofl:

You sure about that? Game logs are easy to pull. And I know he was ghost as well cause I was slandering him.

I feel you, but it’s done with. No point in rehashing the same stuff. Especially when the dude is out with a knee issue.

Mamba has admitted his bias and for that I salute him. It’s so tough for people to admit their bias, but he openly did it and for that just leave it. Mamba fine in my book.

Speaking of receipts, Lakers still goofed on BI or nah?

If it's in fact true we tried to trade away the #2 for the 5 and 10 that should tell you Lonzo is not the guy.

I'm sorry but he doesn't look good and his lack of passion/intensity is a major red flag.

Safe to say he's spending more time worrying about haircuts and making terrible rap music than practicing free throws.

But....

giphy.gif

Ooooh did i strike a nerve?

I'll gladly admit Ingram is proving me wrong. I was mostly dissing him in jest because of how Dlo was treated, but i will admit I thought he was mid at plenty times. He's stepped his **** up and is turning into a wonderful player. Kudos to him :smokin

We like to constantly evaluate players over here, not pick favorites and slander/cheer em like I'm still in elementary school.

Ooooh did i strike a nerve?

I'll gladly admit Ingram is proving me wrong. I was mostly dissing him in jest because of how Dlo was treated, but i will admit I thought he was mid at plenty times. He's stepped his **** up and is turning into a wonderful player. Kudos to him :smokin

We like to constantly evaluate players over here, not pick favorites and slander/cheer em like I'm still in elementary school.

Yours and others [redacted] standom says otherwise but cook. Just don't come with he never did such and such cause there's proof he did.

Nah. Dlo was never scared of the roc like Zo was and he never shot as poorly as Zo did from the free throw line.

You would've slandered Dlo way more than you did if he played this badly.

The fact that you still won't admit that is hilarious.

Nah. Dlo was never scared of the roc like Zo was and he never shot as poorly as Zo did from the free throw line.

Rookie season for [redacted]

16 games in his rookie year with less than 7 FGA
12 games where he shot 50% or less from the FT line, 4 games where he shot < than 50% from the line
25 games where he didn't attempt any FTs

Like I said it's easy to look this stuff up.

Y'all try to rewrite history in here. Forget that one of [redacted] biggest criticisms was his passiveness.

Last edited:

Feeling like a defense attorney, but he’s admitted before he didn’t like Dlo and because of that the slander is different.

Side note I want that dude to come back soon. Unfortunately he’s one of my favorite non laker players to watch. Hope he flourishes. Okay I’m done.

Zo seems like a kid who plays because daddy forced it on him rather than because he loves and enjoys it. Of course I don’t know what’s in his heart, just going by how it appears from the outside.

Andre Agassi was like that. He hated tennis cuz his dad made him play , but obviously was very successful.

Sure fair critique. One was touted as a dynamic scorer coming in whie the other a dynamic facilitator. One actually is doing what he was billed as so far early on.

Anyway posted this last night in the NBA thread:

Just to update:

Zo through 23 games: 8.7 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 7.0 apg, 1.4 spg, 0.8 bpg, 32% FG 26% 3pt, 5 double doubles, 2 triple doubles
Kidd though 23 games: 8.9 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 7.7 apg, 2.2 spg, 0.3 bpg, 35% FG, 12% 3pt, 7 double doubles, 0 triple doubles

Right on track still

Sure fair critique. One was touted as a dynamic scorer coming in whie the other a dynamic facilitator. One actually is doing what he was billed as so far early on.

Anyway posted this last night in the NBA thread:

Just to update:

Zo through 23 games: 8.7 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 7.0 apg, 1.4 spg, 0.8 bpg, 32% FG 26% 3pt, 5 double doubles, 2 triple doubles
Kidd though 23 games: 8.9 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 7.7 apg, 2.2 spg, 0.3 bpg, 35% FG, 12% 3pt, 7 double doubles, 0 triple doubles

Right on track still

Whatever you do, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT look up Rubio’s rookie numbers

Back
Top Bottom