**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Interesting about Rubio, and he was injured a lot in that rookie year. I was right in my Dlo trade prediction. My new prediction is Zo will be traded before year 4 of his rookie deal. Keep this receipt. I don't see his non-scoring style translating well in today's game.

You gotta admit Mamba, if Dlo was performing like this you'd be killing him. I criticized the hell outta Dlo.....for not blowing by bigs (Diaw 3 times in one game locked him down).....for being passive.....for not attacking the rim....for playing lackluster, no hustle, no passion......Zo is doing a lot of the same

Interesting about Rubio, and he was injured a lot in that rookie year. I was right in my Dlo trade prediction. My new prediction is Zo will be traded before year 4 of his rookie deal. Keep this receipt. I don't see his non-scoring style translating well in today's game.

You gotta admit Mamba, if Dlo was performing like this you'd be killing him. I criticized the hell outta Dlo.....for not blowing by bigs (Diaw 3 times in one game locked him down).....for being passive.....for not attacking the rim....for playing lackluster, no hustle, no passion......Zo is doing a lot of the same

Again there roles were/are different and what they were/are being asked to do is different. I've said Zo needs to be more aggressive, I'm not worried about his scoring that much cause of the other parts of his game.

I think I said I thought he'd put up 11/6/8 this season. He's at 9/7/7. Not far off from my expectations at all. I really don't think people saw him play that much at UCLA.

Last edited:
Man can't believe we drafted another bust
Coulda had jason Tatum who is legitimately the next Tracy McGrady but healthy. Plus his haircut cold af

Imagine paring Tatum with Ingram.

And Ingram still has a long ways to go. Improvements are promising but he ain't show enough to prove he's gon be elite in the future
another bust?

exactly who were our previous busts?

Reactions: God
Just to update:

Zo through 23 games: 8.7 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 7.0 apg, 1.4 spg, 0.8 bpg, 32% FG 26% 3pt, 5 double doubles, 2 triple doubles
Kidd though 23 games: 8.9 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 7.7 apg, 2.2 spg, 0.3 bpg, 35% FG, 12% 3pt, 7 double doubles, 0 triple doubles

Right on track still

You gotta start posting something better than simple averages of players who played in two completely different eras.

If you're gonna continue to compare him to one of the best players ever you're leaving yourself open to be thoroughly disappointed

Zo seems like a kid who plays because daddy forced it on him rather than because he loves and enjoys it. Of course I don’t know what’s in his heart, just going by how it appears from the outside.

Andre Agassi was like that. He hated tennis cuz his dad made him play , but obviously was very successful.

I was thinking about this as well.

He looks so disinterested and unmotivated I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls a D. Rose and just steps away from the game. It doesn't even look like he wants to be on the court.

You gotta start posting something better than simple averages of players who played in two completely different eras.

If you're gonna continue to compare him to one of the best players ever you're leaving yourself open to be thoroughly disappointed

I was thinking about this as well.

He looks so disinterested and unmotivated I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls a D. Rose and just steps away from the game. It doesn't even look like he wants to be on the court.

K

Lavar hyping him up put a target on his back. Every bad game, every airball dissected. Everyone gunning for him. Son looks mad shook

Nobody knows or talks or cares about Fox, JJ, DSJ, Monk, etc

Lavar definitely hyped him crazy but even w/o Lavar folks would still be talking ****. People was calling BI a bust and acting he's trash. Now he's avg 16 and 5 in his second year. It's the Lakers, people have a weirdo type of hate for the Lakers.

Lavar definitely hyped him crazy but even w/o Lavar folks would still be talking ****. People was calling BI a bust and acting he's trash. Now he's avg 16 and 5 in his second year. It's the Lakers, people have a weirdo type of hate for the Lakers.

No greater evidence of this on here than [redacted] here vs his current squad.

It's funny how perception influence people's opinions. Case in point, how people view Lonzo's demeanor. When Lonzo is playing well he's calm, poised, even-keel; when he's struggling he's unmotivated, doesn't care, apathetic, etc. He's been the same way his entire time from UCLA, to Summer League to now, its just that people's opinions on his demeanor change based on his success rate

It's funny how perception influence people's opinions. Case in point, how people view Lonzo's demeanor. When Lonzo is playing well he's calm, poised, even-keel; when he's struggling he's unmotivated, doesn't care, apathetic, etc. He's been the same way his entire time from UCLA, to Summer League to now, its just that people's opinions on his demeanor change based on his success rate

You make a great point but you better not be even keel when someone dribbling behind you disrespecting you or your teammates are in a scuffle

That's why I'm saying people just didn't watch him play in college last season. It's like some are expecting a completely different guy.

‘17 draft class

DA2E73E0-983D-446D-BC21-683EFA20873F.jpeg

Last edited:
Graphic was def before Donovan dropped 40 the other day but still dope to see.

Kuz got the juice, wish Brandon didn't sign with Adidas :lol:

Why Is Portland so much better than us ? are they that much more talented? Their roster doesn’t blow me away

Lillard
CJ
Nurkic
Aminu
Turner
Ed Davis
Harkless
Vonleh

Why Is Portland so much better than us ? are they that much more talented? Their roster doesn’t blow me away

Lillard
CJ
Nurkic
Aminu
Turner
Ed Davis
Harkless
Vonleh

Come on man. CJ and Dame >>>>>>> anyone on our roster. We'e better than they are 3-14 though. Just having proven NBA stars who can create their own shot in the 4th quarter is huge. Look how many close games we've lost.

Thomas Bryant has been balling in the G league.

Thought about a Dlo/Mitchell/Ingram/Kuzma/Randle lineup and got hella sad lol.

Back
Top Bottom