**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I personally don’t care what Lavar is saying. He’s a dude with an opinion and a platform. I’m entertained. If grown men that are actually playing and coaching are letting this get to them, then they need to toughen up. I don’t think Lavar is an issue as I do players knowing they’re getting shipped out for bigger better potential.

IMO it’s an issue when your main attraction’s father is constantly disparaging the coach. If you think don’t think players and management are listening you’re kidding yourself.

Is it serious? Maybe, maybe not...
But this isn’t helpful to the development of the team.

Exactly. And here’s the part about it, it’s detrimental to Lonzo.

Organizations will tolerate distractions if said player is worth the distraction. If they aren’t, things change quick.

Think Terrell Owens and Allen Iverson and how teams didn’t want nothing to do with them at the end of their careers despite being able to play at a decent level.

At this point though, the LaVar stuff is what it is. It’s a grown man league. Those micromanaging parents who always wanted to question the coach are frowned upon on the youth level as well as the adult level. Personally though while this is a bad look, the real bad look was when he was running his mouth about Randle after the Warriors game.

He keeps undermining the coach, eventually after a year or two of constant criticism, enough is enough

If they deem him not worth the distraction, it indeed is how it works.

Things happen fast in the NBA. Russell was the second pick and was traded after 2 seasons. If his development is visible and he makes strides, they’ll tolerate LaVar. If not, they’ll weigh their options.

Once Lavar starts going at Jeanie, Magic, and Rob Lowe for not putting the right talent around him... we’ll see how their tune changes

If they deem him not worth the distraction, it indeed is how it works.

Things happen fast in the NBA. Russell was the second pick and was traded after 2 seasons. If his development is visible and he makes strides, they’ll tolerate LaVar. If not, they’ll weigh their options.

You still haven't said how Lavar went back on his word.

It’s no point in trading him just because of LaVar this early in his career or having LaVar be the determining reason why they would consider trading him at all.

Now if after year two or midway through year 3, you don’t see the progress and improvement you’re expecting, then you weigh your options and determine whether the development is enough to make the potential distractions worth dealing with.

If you have a parent ****ting on the coach, players, front office (which is where this is headed) eventually I just think you cut ties with that family

Don’t yall think GMs talked about the Lavar effect in pre draft meetings? It’s absolutely a concern that teams have

LaVar isn’t the first parent/relative to say something negative about a coach or organization.

Nothing but noise. But this is no reason to trade Zo.

At least not at this point.

Reactions: MVP
Back
Top Bottom