**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Where did I defend the old regime? I said I'd be just as disappointed if they were responsible for this season. And I didn't say magic was supposed to turn everything around, HE did and thus far we've been WORSE than last year. How is that acceptable? Again I'm not speaking on the future, AT THIS POINT he's been a disappointment based on the expectations he himself set.

Where did I defend the old regime? I said I'd be just as disappointed if they were responsible for this season. And I didn't say magic was supposed to turn everything around, HE did and thus far we've been WORSE than last year. How is that acceptable? Again I'm not speaking on the future, AT THIS POINT he's been a disappointment based on the expectations he himself set.

HE didn't say that at all though (turning everything around) about this year. We were playing better until like 2 1/2 weeks ago. That ain't on Magic. I said you defended everything from the last regime when they had multiple years of missteps. I really doubt if somebody else game in or Mitch and Jim were less than a year on the job you'd be having the same critiques.

Magic sold a lot of dreams and talks out of both sides of his mouth often. Had Mitch and Jim had this exact same season you'd be killing them and rightfully so. It is what it is

Magic sold a lot of dreams and talks out of both sides of his mouth often. Had Mitch and Jim had this exact same season you'd be killing them and rightfully so. It is what it is

If Mitch and Jim were here less than a year, I wouldn't it wouldn't make any sense to do so cause they wouldn't have time to implement everything they wanted to do.

And Magic has been consistent with him being excited about the young talent but tempering expectations as far as wins and losses. And of course hoping to land some marquee free agents next summer which is his first real test.

Sold lots of dreams?

I would rather have dreams than deng and mosgov and the many other misteps those two idiots made.

Really no point in addressing Magic and Rob until this summer. If we strike out again...then go in on them.

1AE1CD98-29E3-4B97-B728-7B51A6D35A74.jpeg

Looks like those days of zero and 2 point games for Zo are long gone. Averaging 10/7/7 this year. Not too shabby

Luke when asked why he subbed Lonzo out early in the game.....

"His dad was talkin **** so I took him out"

:lol: :rofl: :pimp:

Also, Rick Carlisle a real one. :pimp: Bravo to that man. He shredded ESPN and their bull ****

Luke when asked why he subbed Lonzo out early in the game.....

"His dad was talkin **** so I took him out"

:lol: :rofl: :pimp:

Also, Rick Carlisle a real one. :pimp: Bravo to that man. He shredded ESPN and their bull ****
PAPA BALL and BALLS = views and clicks! Crazy, look at ESPN and FS1 videos with the BALLS vs their other videos. It’s night and day with VIEWS! Even on all the HOT TAKE shows.

Lmao y'all fr wasted 3 pages bickering for no reason

Lemme break it down for y'all

Everything Lavar do is for a reason. Dude is a business man trying to get a check. In case y'all forgot, he also got a tv show on facebook that he is trying to grow. His vision is to turn ball in the family to keeping up with the kardashian status. So in order to publicize his show/his brand, he gotta stay relevant and in the news. Thus, he'll say lots of outlandish ****. Some true, some exaggerated, some flat out wrong. But any publicity, good or bad, is good publicity. Ask Kim K or as of most recently, Logan Paul how that went. They def got a bag for they actions

Y'all really think gelo walked up into LV and stole them shades? I know dude a idiot but guaranteed that **** was staged.

Lmao y'all fr wasted 3 pages bickering for no reason

Lemme break it down for y'all

Everything Lavar do is for a reason. Dude is a business man trying to get a check. In case y'all forgot, he also got a tv show on facebook that he is trying to grow. His vision is to turn ball in the family to keeping up with the kardashian status. So in order to publicize his show/his brand, he gotta stay relevant and in the news. Thus, he'll say lots of outlandish ****. Some true, some exaggerated, some flat out wrong. But any publicity, good or bad, is good publicity. Ask Kim K or as of most recently, Logan Paul how that went. They def got a bag for they actions

Y'all really think gelo walked up into LV and stole them shades? I know dude a idiot but guaranteed that **** was staged.

I really do think Gelo walked into the Louis V store and stole those shades. Was it staged for the other 2 UCLA players who are suspended for the year, too?

At the end of the day I don't care about most the outlandish stuff Lavar says about his boys. I'm all for him saying his sons are better than Curry and that he can beat Jordan 1 on 1, all his sons are going to be on the Lakers together, etc. None of that stuff really matters. What I take issue with is him saying negative things about his son's teams, coaches, managers. The Lakers are already in a bad spot, how is he helping anything by talking bad about Luke? All he's doing is bringing more negative press to the team and drawing unnecessary questions, potentially damaging the Lakers relationship with other teams.

Zo looked more and more comfortable each game. You can tell even from his shot selection
there was a report that his manager or live in buddy ( dude all up in the ball in the family videos , the one not dancing)
told him to get back to having fun or something like that.
as a touted rookie, he had to have felt the pressure of the limelight being the #2 pick and playing in LA and not to mention all the stuff hes had to deal with with his pops.
his footwork changed, and his shot is coming back ...just gotta play it through

last night after the win, i was thinking about the standings and how if we string 2-3 wins, we will be outta of the bottom 5.
but i was also thinking about those other teams at the bottom and thought, after the trade deadline some of them are really gonna have to go into tank mode.
dalllas, Memphis, aTL, SAC, CHI, orlando, maybe even teams like PHX and Utah should be trying to secure a high pick.

Ya really don’t want to give a top 5 pick to Philly or Boston

30 wins should accomplish that

Last edited:
Honestly the Lakers had the hardest month of the schedule in December and dealt with Lopez/Ball injuries at the same time. It's not surprising they were terrible last month.

The schedule gets easier from here on out. In addition, the Lakers won't be actively tanking late in the season while the other bad teams will start tanking post all star break. I still feel good about their chances of not giving their pick to Boston, cuz that's really all we have to hang our hat on :lol:

Back
Top Bottom