**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

im fine not getting **** for him

better than giving the celtics or sixers yet another top 3 pick so they can own us for the next ten years

He's gonna want big money; we should sell him and trade now. Randle+Deng for an expiring contract would be ideal.

That would be a miracle :lol:. I imagine they'd trade Randle and Deng if the contract they received back was less ****ty than Deng's.

But if we don't trade him and we don't intend to pay him long term, we run the risk of losing him for nothing this off seasonif another team offers him big money.

They can choose to max him and then trade him later if they want he's restricted. If they aren't getting great offers for him they aren't just going to dump his salary. That's where the moritorium works in our advantage, if they get two free agent commitments before hand they can try to move other players and still possibly resign him I believe.

Last edited:
im fine not getting **** for him

better than giving the celtics or sixers yet another top 3 pick so they can own us for the next ten years

The Celtics aren't getting our pick this year. The sixers more than likely will but it should be late lottery range (10-14).

After that, it's over. No more picks owed :pimp:
The Nash/Dwight trades will finally be over.

The Celtics aren't getting our pick this year. The sixers more than likely will but it should be late lottery range (10-14).

After that, it's over. No more picks owed :pimp:
The Nash/Dwight trades will finally be over.
but if we trade randle and clarkson for picks or junk our roster will significantly be worse and we might end up one of the worst teams thus goving celtics or sixers a top 3 pick

but if we trade randle and clarkson for picks or junk our roster will significantly be worse and we might end up one of the worst teams thus goving celtics or sixers a top 3 pick

Not really. Teams will be actively tanking after the all star break. We don't have a pick, we're not gunna be tanking. It doesn't matter if we have JC or Randle or not. For the Lakers to fall into the bottom 3 at this point, it would have be a catastophy.

The lakers will not finish with a worse record than: Sacramento, Dallas, Phoenix, Memphis, Orlando, Chicago or Atlanta. Those are 7 teams that will be tanking hella hard.

The Knicks might start tanking too. Nets have no incentive to tank but we should probably finish with a better record than them too.

That's 9 teams = pick 10 in the draft.

Is that what I said? I said I'd rather have Gordon than Randle if I had to pick one (instead of getting 2 max feee agents this summer) I'd rather trade Randle for a 1st round pick rn if we can get it.

Given how good the Lakers scouting department is, another low cost asset for the next 4 years is the most ideal move.

I still think Aaron Gordon has more upside than Randle though. He's been stuck on the inept Magic for his entire career. Put him on a real team and watch him shine. Just cuz y'all don't watch him doesn't mean Randle is better.
I do think he would fit better with Zo and the fellas cuz of his athleticism.

Who would you guys rather have for the next 10 years, Randle or LeBron? That's basically what it comes down to

Randle easy; Bron about to fall off that cliff. What I'm worried about though is him taking his sweet time like he did last time into free agency and possibly constricting the timeline we have with Julius. Need PG to commit early.

I do think he would fit better with Zo and the fellas cuz of his athleticism.

I agree. Plus his 3 point shooting has been a revelation this year.

Julius has turned into a good backup 5 but Gordon still has a lot of untapped potential.

Consider how good Tobias and Oladipo have been since they got out of Orlando as well.

I agree. Plus his 3 point shooting has been a revelation this year.

Julius has turned into a good backup 5 but Gordon still has a lot of untapped potential.

Consider how good Tobias and Oladipo have been since they got out of Orlando as well.

How many magic games have you watched this year?

How many magic games have you watched this year?

Idk the exact amount but I've seen a good amount. I watch bits and pieces of each team. Try and catch 2-3 games a night. Aaron Gordon is from my home town and I've been watching him since he was a freshman in high school so I've always been extra interested in his career. Bruh was shooting 40% from three for the first two months of the season.

Last edited:
Idk the exact amount but I've seen a good amount. I watch bits and pieces of each team. Try and catch 2-3 games a night. Aaron Gordon is from my home town and I've been watching him since he was a freshman in high school so I've always been extra interested in his career. Bruh was shooting 40% from three for the first two months of the season.

He started off on fire, but has been awful lately.

Obviously a lot of potential though.

SOLID win today. Was watching with some friends, one of whom hates Brandon Ingram. When he blocked Caramello, I just stared at him, bruh. He knew it, too. "Why you staring, man? Gay ****, dawg. Bruh, stop staring, I swear. He fouled him, anyways. LOOK at the replay! He hit his arm!"

Just stared. :rofl:

He's... probably gonna try not to watch any more Laker games with me. Watch.

So Kobe reacts to his team winning the same way I did when he helped my team win 5 championships. :lol: That's exactly how I am. :nthat:

Can't be cussing around kids like that, though. I know there are worse things than that, and I'm not saying that's the worse thing ever. Just saying, to anyone who will listen: gotta curb your language around kids. :smile:

Josh Hart is legit bros. We had a great draft last year

Amazing draft. 3 very solid players.

This summer is going to be super interesting. Randle’s play has been great but I fear the Mavs will max him.

I hope we don’t ship JC or Randle out. Sign PG13 if we can and see what happens. With the cap space situation, the big name players will still get their max deals but the 2nd tier solid players may not see the massive contracts that we saw when the cap jumped like crazy. Too many people signed horrible deals and only 5 teams have space.

Clippers will be interesting since they have some space now...

Hoping we make the right moves. But we can’t strike out again this summer.

Back
Top Bottom