**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I agree with this, at least make him available. I would love for him to have some confidence going into to the season. Especially if his summer goes great
His summer league last year was flawless and he had no confidence in the season

Maybe they have a program set up for him and the summer league just cuts into that too much? Like maybe in July he’s suppose to be focusing on heavy weight training vs playing 5 on 5 basketball. That makes more sense to me.

Hoping Spurs get bounced in 4 or 5 games in the 1st round so Kawhi forces a trade to the Lakers this summer.

Latest rumor is the Clips are putting a package together - Tobias, Gallo and 2 first round picks

if its Tobias and Gallo and both the 11th and 13th...

it wouldn't be the most lopsided trade ever

Last edited:
Latest rumor is the Clips are putting a package together - Tobias, Gallo and 2 first round picks

Need to differentiate between a rumor and a potential package they can put together

Side note, I don’t see the clips making any deals until the DJ situation plays out

Must've heard that rumor on trash radio. That's more than they got for Blake and leaves them with no other assets to build around

LOL. I love these "nah don't trade for X player, wait til he's available in free agency" folks.

Who is the last big name FA the Lakers have signed? The last time we had big money to spend in free agency, we couldn't even get meetings with players and blew our money on Deng and Mozgov. If a top player is available via trade, then make the trade. Stars players want to play with other star players.

There hasn't been a FA worth a damn to come here in the last 20 years

Be glad Dwight didn't resign
Or Carmelo didn't take the money
KD was going to the #1 team no matter what. If it was the bobcats best belee he woulda balled for them. He was chasing rings
Lebrons soft *** is staying in the east no matter what and didn't have what it takes to play for the LA fan base

This is legitimately the first year with a competent front office and I'd say PG is the only FA worth a damn

Next offseason is the true test.

Must've heard that rumor on trash radio. That's more than they got for Blake and leaves them with no other assets to build around

https://airalamo.com/2018/04/14/san-antonio-spurs-rumors-kawhi-leonard-trade-clippers/amp/

Correction: Gallo OR Tobias, but Avery Bradley could also be in the mix

If Kawhi wants to come home, it would probably be the Clips because San Antonio wouldn’t really try to help the Lakers. Two rival organizations don’t deal superstars to one another usually

LOL. I love these "nah don't trade for X player, wait til he's available in free agency" folks.

Who is the last big name FA the Lakers have signed? The last time we had big money to spend in free agency, we couldn't even get meetings with players and blew our money on Deng and Mozgov. If a top player is available via trade, then make the trade. Stars players want to play with other star players.

You can thank Jim Buss clown *** for that.

You just be talking to talk sometimes

So basically trade young talent cuz you thirsty for a big name who don't know will re-sign anyway.

Reactions: God
This is the exact opposite of your sentiment about the team earlier.

I'm just posting good Lakers related content. I don't hate the idea of playing the long game. I think we might be successful going that route.

I just think that if a top 5 player is available we need to make the move if possible.

Back
Top Bottom