**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Any y’all going to chalk talk this Sunday?

Zo out there looking for feet to land on before the Fox matchup.:smh:

if we can somehow snatch ariza for kcp and beasley, that would be tremendous.

i mean, the suns dont really need ariza anyway..

if we can somehow snatch ariza for kcp and beasley, that would be tremendous.

i mean, the suns dont really need ariza anyway..
891_lq6dx0.jpg

Throw in Zubac as the token young piece.

4. Brandon Ingram, settling
My Ingram optimism has taken a slight hit. He has recorded only 9.3 drives per 100 possessions, down from 15 last season, and his assist rate has cratered. Some of that is the predictable result of playing alongside LeBron, and of Ingram not getting enough lead ball-handling duty among bench mobs.

But teaming with LeBron in an ultra-fast attack should nudge any wing toward more efficient shot selection. Ingram's shot profile is almost identical to last season's. Some of that is on him.

He settles for long 2s way too often both on the pick-and-roll, and when he has a size mismatch in the post.

Yeah, Ingram is skinny and J.J. Barea is an irritant, but still: Even a run-of-the-mill face-up drive keeps the offense moving, and might produce a hockey assist.

The Lakers are scoring only 0.78 points per possession when Ingram shoots out of a pick-and-roll, or dishes to a teammate who shoots right away -- one of the lowest marks in the league, per Second Spectrum. Only 16 percent of ball screens for Ingram have led to those one-pass-away shots for teammates -- the fourth-lowest figure among 174 ball-handlers who have run at least 20 pick-and-rolls, per Second Spectrum.

In other words: Ingram is either taking blah shots after slithering around picks, or making unproductive passes. He's barely snagging rebounds. He needs to do more stuff.

I'm still bullish on Ingram's versatility, vision, and creativity. The LeBron transition is hard for everyone. But Ingram's first seven games this season haven't been encouraging.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25219366/zach-lowe-10-things-like-including-jayson-tatum-nba

I was gonna joke how ball wasn’t gonna play bc of kings the other day. Guess it came true :frown:

More reason for Luke not to play him.

You would think BI is playing like trash the way people are talking. He's avg the same amount as last year while shooting better from the field and 3pt line. While the Celtics young dudes have had a big dropoff but you don't hear a word. The Lakers are just held under a different microscope.

Funny how 10 games is not enough time for fans to panic about the team’s slow start or enough time to criticize Zo’s trashness. But 10 games is enough to say LeBronze is washed.

And I’m no LeHand fan just observing the inconsistencies

Last edited:
b.i. has been good on paper but he hasn't been so much in the clutch....

scoring a lot of buckets is good, but scoring TIMELY buckets is GREAT

Ive come to the realization at some point we're going to have to part with either kuz or BI

I think I would keep kuzmania

So much for tanking and building through the draft & lottery picks.

-D-Lo gone and not a allstar caliber player in Brooklyn.
-Randle gone and not looking any better than his 3 and a half years with the Lakers.
-BI not looking like a break out year where he becomes an allstar.
-Zo looking like a project player with limited upside.

could be a blessing in disguise. we might see BI more time to play distributor and help assess if he flourish with the second unit. ingram is a different beast when he's a playmaker.

Ingram is an iso ball stopper taking midrange turnaround jumpers.

So much for tanking and building through the draft & lottery picks.

-D-Lo gone and not a allstar caliber player in Brooklyn.
-Randle gone and not looking any better than his 3 and a half years with the Lakers.
-BI not looking like a break out year where he becomes an allstar.
-Zo looking like a project player with limited upside.

Facts. None of our lottery picks over that 4 year span will be superstars or even perennial all stars in my opinion.

Kuz and Hart might be the best of the bunch as late first round picks, which is sad.

juicy j is playing the least minutes in his career this season yet currently has a career high avg in ppg, highest fgp in his career and highest 3pt percentage in his career.

i know hes not a laker no more but come on with the donald trump fake news

pretty good for a number 7 pick

Back
Top Bottom