**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Lakers having to play defense w/their hands behind their back .....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...rockets/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.377ec1dbdb30

“Just trying to defend without fouling,” James explained afterward, per ESPN’s Dave McMenamin. “That’s a point of emphasis anytime you play Houston. They got guys that can sell calls really good — Chris [Paul] and James [Harden] — so you got to try to keep your hands out of the cookie jar.”

Said Lonzo Ball: “You can’t touch them . . . I was just trying not to foul today. They were calling it tight today, so I was just trying to get my hands out of there. . . . It’s very tough staying in front of [Harden] with your hands like that.”

DuXnYn-WsAE3xyT.jpg
Look at ref's face, he want to blow that whistle so bad.

I was all about BI his rookie year

I saw all the flashes

He showed us everything as a rookie - post up, midrange, exploding and finishing at the rim in traffic, ability to make threes albeit he needed an offseason or two of shooting work, length on defense.....

Now in his third year are we confident he will be an perennial all star level player? Or an Eddie Jones type, just a good player? (I know EJ made the all star team)

I’m not sure but I AM sure he’ll never make two straight FTs :lol:

I was all about BI his rookie year

I saw all the flashes

He showed us everything as a rookie - post up, midrange, exploding and finishing at the rim in traffic, ability to make threes albeit he needed an offseason or two of shooting work, length on defense.....

Now in his third year are we confident he will be an perennial all star level player? Or an Eddie Jones type, just a good player? (I know EJ made the all star team)

I’m not sure but I AM sure he’ll never make two straight FTs :lol:
Sigh...Eddie Jones. Swingman I am. That' was my guy, I was so hurt when they traded him. Still am as a matter of fact.

I liked the Zo/McGee pick and roll at the beginning of the 4th. McGee got 3 easy buckets off Lonzo assists.

You breath on harden n Issa foul... meanwhile bron gotta get dropped on his head to get a foul call. **** gmfu

Which I didn’t get just go under those screens Zo isnt making ish
I never understood not only this but the fact that zo is never wide open for 3s. There’s always a guy draped on him. You’d think they’d play him as if Shaq was out there

If they end up trading Ingram and zo for an Allstar + adding a big time free agent this summer = I think Lakers will end up like Cleveland/Miami where we build around Lebron System. It’s a short term Goal with Lebron age coming fast

Getting Lebron is a good short term goal
Lakers should’ve been more focused with AD + with the young talent Lakers have will become more scary after GSW within 2 years

Even if you got back an elite all star? Ingram is going to be a RFA in 2020, IF we sign someone to a max deal next offseason there’s gong to be no money left for Ingram. It’s a deal that’s probably going to be done unless Ingram explodes and becomes a 25-30 PPG type of player.
Ingram never gonna be a 25-30ppg player

Dude only dropped 30 points one time since high school.

We should sell while he still got some value

Getting Lebron is a good short term goal
Lakers should’ve been more focused with AD + with the young talent Lakers have will become more scary after GSW within 2 years

The only one of the young core with all-star potential is Kuzma and that's still a maybe in my book. IMO Hart, Ingram and Ball are all gonna top out as good NBA players but not stars. If we build around them, then we'd just be building a treadmill playoff team. Playing with Lebron and the young guys is alot more attractive to AD than just playing with the young guys.

The only one of the young core with all-star potential is Kuzma and that's still a maybe in my book. IMO Hart, Ingram and Ball are all gonna top out as good NBA players but not stars. If we build around them, then we'd just be building a treadmill playoff team. Playing with Lebron and the young guys is alot more attractive to AD than just playing with the young guys.
I guess will have to see. I trust the upper management that Lakers have now.

I still think all of them but hart have star potential. They just need to put it together.
Nawwwww

POSSIBLY kuzma, MOSTLY because he is a decent scorer on the LOS ANGELES LAKERS

just wait till these doods go to smaller market teams, their names going to fall out of media rotation and forgotten so fast

you think if ingram & zo was putting up these numbers for the hornets or kings they would be considered potential all stars?

ALL OF THEM are benefiting from playing under the bright lights of hollywood and probably one of the biggest fanbases in ALL OF SPORTS....

lets be real here.

gonna be a great playoff series...rockets vs lakers....only concern will be harden and how the refs bless him 20x on the FT line. CP3 will be a non-factor as his chubby *** will catch up to him through the season and lead to another injury.

Back
Top Bottom