**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

It's hard to remember this IN season. I know it is.

But THIS, isn't the year. We were never, ever, ever winning it all with THIS roster.

We got Bron, step 1.
2019 we try to get FA #2 (Durant?), step 2.
Then we trade assets (youngsters + picks) for Brow, step 3.

That's when we make the run. The real run.

We all knew that. We talked about it ad nauseum. I know in season we get greedy and want more, but in a sense, this can help. Bron playing 65 games vs 82 is important. Fewest minutes of his career, is important.

Nothing is guaranteed next offseason. I know. But I also know this team/roster is not beating the Warriors, or prime Harden, etc.

If PG joined Bron this year, then maybe we'd have made the AD trade already, but PG went for the money. Have to hope Durant/Kawhi/Klay etc go a different route.

Kobe a clown too.. dude only ever ran ISO and I’m sure dude thinks issa good play. This ***** need to stay coachin his own daughter and that’s it. He clearly ****ed Kuz and Tatum so he in no position to be talking

And it’s not about competing or winning games. It’s about the process. The player development. Optimizing your team.

****** like LFR and Cranjis ain’t wrong.

Not ready to give up on Ingram, still a believer in his talent...must continue to get stronger though.

Same with Zo.

Randle/DLo both have shown improvement as they mature, plenty of time for Ingram/Zo to do the same. (May be as Pelicans, but hey :lol: )

It’s crazy how this year in particular, everyone is noticing the lack of player development. Maybe it is time to shake things up :rolleyes

He is in on all of this...

DwSkg-eVAAAKAEV.jpg

The Lakers have never really been a franchise known for developing an ENTIRE squad of young talent, to me this is uncharted territory.
Lakers have always been straight with one highly valued draft pick(Magic,Kobe, etc) and a veteran in his peak prime, heading downward(Jabbar, Shaq) and then surrounding those dudes with people who KNOW they will be the role players.

I get lost when I hear about how Lonzo is the key, then Ingram, then Kuzma, then Hart. It's never gonna work like that especially when everyday there are trade talks about moving some or all those players for another. One distinct difference between the old regime(Mitch,West, Buss, whoever) was we knew far in advance who was going to be the focal point of the team and what the grand scheme of the vision was. Can't have Kobe and Eddie Jones, move Eddie, Nick the Quick or DFish, move Nick. It wasn't like West was like "well we gotta develop kobe, nick, eddie, and derek and go from there."
it was more like "Ok Kobe, you're the guy, so you better be the *****in guy." ESPECIALLY after he ran Shaq out of town

It was cute years before because we didn't have that superstar in Lebron , now we do, and its getting frustrating because it seems like Luke, Magic and Pelinka Jeanie are scared to annoint the 2nd best player on the team because they will bruise egos. By doing that it would give the team more direction on how they should play and find an identity, because right now I'm just rooting for effort as opposed to what players are actually good at and I'm not even sure in this particular team scenario I know what that is and I feel that's because the team hasn't flat out said, "Ingram's the guy" or "Kuzma's the guy."

Not even sure I'm making sense, but I just finished Mamba Mentality and this dude Kobe is a flippin genius and I know none of these dudes are doing half of what he did and if anything thats the thing that shows. That's why we have a revolving door of the same convos.
I hate to say this too, but Luke has got to go. We need someone that is gonna develop these dudes. It's one thing to lose because of the growing pains and learning new stuff, but man we just losing on the same type of behavior

^^^
Magic has been on record that BI is that second guy. Supposedly, he’s the “second focal point of offense”...most fans knew he’ll struggle fitting in with Lebron but his inability to take over or be productive these past few games has been a revelation and a clear indication that he does not mesh with the Lakers timeline.

Can't have Kobe and Eddie Jones, move Eddie, Nick the Quick or DFish, move Nick. It wasn't like West was like "well we gotta develop kobe, nick, eddie, and derek and go from there."
it was more like "Ok Kobe, you're the guy, so you better be the *****in guy." ESPECIALLY after he ran Shaq out of town

Hate to re-hash **** that happened almost 20 years ago.....but as I recall, Nick made some comments after getting swept by Utah and said "1,2,3 CANCUN!" in a huddle when they were about to get swept, that pretty much sealed his fate out of town. Plus Phil Jackson was bringing Ron Harper to be the starting PG since he loved his tall PGs......I don't think it was a matter of the organization choosing Derek Fisher's talent at the expense of letting Van Exel go. NVE was all-star point guard at that point and Fisher didn't have star upside, just a role player.

Hate to re-hash **** that happened almost 20 years ago.....but as I recall, Nick made some comments after getting swept by Utah and said "1,2,3 CANCUN!" in a huddle when they were about to get swept, that pretty much sealed his fate out of town. Plus Phil Jackson was bringing Ron Harper to be the starting PG since he loved his tall PGs......I don't think it was a matter of the organization choosing Derek Fisher's talent at the expense of letting Van Exel go. NVE was all-star point guard at that point and Fisher didn't have star upside, just a role player.
Yea NVE and Shaq fell out

Lakers had a deal for Jason Kidd they fell thru at the last minute for Nick

I'm only stating that thats what the team did to show they had a clear direction of how it was going to be. Like the fact that Phil was coming and bringing RH showed what the team was focused on and a sense of urgency of what their time frame was.
I feel like our current management roster isn't even doing that.

Outta Nance, Zubac, Clarkson, Zo, Randle, Ingram, Kuz, Dlo etc. I can’t think of anyone who improved year to year while being here. Half of them regressed. Other half barely improved or stayed the same

We’re definitely identifying and drafting good players.. but we are failing to develop them. The same issues with each players remain unfixed for years.

The head coach and staff under him is awful.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if after they get moved BI and Zo look like bonafide starters and really good ones at that. They aren't being put in their best positions to succeed right now. In the short term though we need Kuz back asap. He does change the dynamic when he's out there.

The head coach and staff under him is awful.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if after they get moved BI and Zo look like bonafide starters and really good ones at that. They aren't being put in their best positions to succeed right now. In the short term though we need Kuz back asap. He does change the dynamic when he's out there.

I feel you. But next time Zo has a good game you gonna have to say it was because Luke put him in great position to succeed rather than saying Zo was aggressive and hitting his shots. It goes both ways

my mandont disrespect juicy j and talk like he aint above all them bums

randle have it all and hes improving in the 3 ball area
Yea very true I thought that as well as I was naming em. But all of a sudden he developing a 3 as soon as he goes to a differ team. In 4 years it didn’t occur to us to let this man be a threat to space the floor?

Zo Kuz and Ingram would already be all stars with the spurs tbh.
I feel you. But next time Zo has a good game you gonna have to say it was because Luke put him in great position to succeed rather than saying Zo was aggressive and hitting his shots. It goes both ways
Thibk Zo’s good games are more about luck and trash defensive coverages rather than him being good or Luke putting him in position to succeed.

Nah. I'll give Puke credit when he actually makes tangible changes, not just cause guys are making shots.

We're probably losing again tonight seeing Dallas is tied for the best home record in the league. Just need to be competitive.

Last edited:
Can't stand we have a game the same time as the national championship.

Lakers first...I'll tape the national championship game.

Back
Top Bottom