**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

the media is killing me right now because there bias against the Lakers is showing everytime they report. Granted we had a disappointing season but i'm hearing some of these blogs talking about how the Lakers are in a bad position going forward........

We have Lebron, and nothing but rookie contracts going forward, along with all our future picks.... How in the **** is that one of the worst situations in the league going forward :lol: & this is coming from someone who doesn't like Lebron but enough is enough with the doomsday responses.

Tried to tell ya'll. It's open season. :lol:

"Sources say Bron and Magic had a fist fight"

"Lavar put Luke in a headlock"

"Lakers offered Lebron for a bag of skittles and got denied"

I'm ready for all the false headlines and stories.

the media is killing me right now because there bias against the Lakers is showing everytime they report. Granted we had a disappointing season but i'm hearing some of these blogs talking about how the Lakers are in a bad position going forward........

We have Lebron, and nothing but rookie contracts going forward, along with all our future picks.... How in the **** is that one of the worst situations in the league going forward :lol: & this is coming from someone who doesn't like Lebron but enough is enough with the doomsday responses.
Exactly, we have LeBron. He’s on a downhill and is toxic. We ain’t getting ANYONE. Nobody. Not kemba. Not Middleton. ****, we won’t even get Mirotic. Watch

whole league is ALA that's why the media bias is so bad :lol:
i mean the season has been bad but damn lmao
also it's lebron

gotta see what happens though not counting anything out
we have seen crazier things happen in the league lol

We're always in the media. With Steve Nash and Dwight Lakers, as well as Post Acl Kobe lakers. It's to be expected no matter how good or bad we are.

Cause we are in a **** situation going forward if this summer is as bad as people are predicting.

It isn't the ideal situation that we thought we would have (being a legit championship contender) but in relation to other squads in the league.... Nah NOWHERE near the bottom half

Lebron
Ingram
Ball
Kuz
Hart
- all but Bron are on Rookie contracts
We have Enough cap room to sign another max or spread it out to fill the team, and we still have all our picks going forward. w/o any serious injuries i don't see how that isn't a playoff team going forward. We sign those FA contracts to coincide with Bron coming off the books

& we could very well end up still having our young guys on roster just entering their primes with a ton of cap space still available. Obviously i would much rather the addition of one of Kawhi/Kyrie/KD this summer, but the Lakers are still in good position going forward as long as they don't trade our young guys for b tier guys trying to win now.

It isn't the ideal situation that we thought we would have (being a legit championship contender) but in relation to other squads in the league.... Nah NOWHERE near the bottom half

Lebron
Ingram
Ball
Kuz
Hart
- all but Bron are on Rookie contracts
We have Enough cap room to sign another max or spread it out to fill the team, and we still have all our picks going forward. w/o any serious injuries i don't see how that isn't a playoff team going forward. We sign those FA contracts to coincide with Bron coming off the books

& we could very well end up still having our young guys on roster just entering their primes with a ton of cap space still available. Obviously i would much rather the addition of one of Kawhi/Kyrie/KD this summer, but the Lakers are still in good position going forward as long as they don't trade our young guys for b tier guys trying to win now.

That's the whole point. FA don't wanna play with Bron and the front office at his behest has already shown a willingness to gut the entire roster for his twilight years. BI and Zo being injured may be the only thing keeping this ship afloat.

It's not looking good and I'm just dumbfounded at this point. Lakers gonna be stuck with nothing but mid-level FA options come summertime.

Klay is definitely getting the max in GS. Splitting up the Splash Bros is like trying to see Les Twins or Brady/Belichik without one another; it just ain't gonna happen.

KD probably gonna look to improve his legacy by linking up with DeAndre and possibly Kyrie in NY to try and prove he can win a title without Steph. Once KD leaves Oakland, the Warriors probably gonna re-sign Boogie or better yet, watch them go get Vucevic :wow:

Kawhi probably gonna sign with the Clips and Jimmy B probably gonna join him because Jerry West just got it like that.

Kemba loves living in Charlotte, he loves the community, and he loves being the man in that Hornet organization. Thus I don't see him going anywhere plus MJ gonna pay Kemba what he deserves. Tobias Harris and Middleton both most likely re-upping with their current clubs.

What realistic options do that leave the purple and gold? Trevor Ariza, Rudy Gay, Thaddeus Young, Darren Collison, and Derrick Rose. :smh::sick::rofl:

Reactions: DLF
I'm not overly worried on the players/talent. That will come, at some point.

My concern is Jeanie. She's starting to worry me. Maybe it's nothing, but the email, the Kobe deal, makes me a little nervous. Could be nothing.

If they add someone this summer, even if it's Jimmy Butler, we'd still be better off than we've been since 2012. Obviously I'd like to aim higher than Jimmy, but if he's the last resort, I'm not terribly upset with that.

should just expect nothing so that way if anyone does come it'll be a celebratory occasion :lol:

can't get caught up in the big name fishes cuz as i've been reading the past few weeks that's philosophy is why the lakers are where they're at rn

GS can afford Vucci if KD dips?

I don't see how. The KD thing happened because of the bump in the salary cap. Them boys are maxed out. They could get Cousins because they have his rights but will they be willing to max Klay and pay the luxury on Cousins.

I don't see how. The KD thing happened because of the bump in the salary cap. Them boys are maxed out. They could get Cousins because they have his rights but will they be willing to max Klay and pay the luxury on Cousins.
Yea and from what I heard they can’t offer Boogie much more than what they paying him now

Light years son!

If a bad summer is Boogie and Jimmy...what is a good summer? Kobe, Jordan and Magic?

Jimmy Butler is an awful locker room guy but if they're planning on just getting rid of the young guys anyway I guess it won't matter. It's not the prudent thing to do though.

why even watch if lebron aint playing?

not tryna see bollocks and rondo miss threes, kuzma miss everything, and carusso playing

Back
Top Bottom