**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Also doesn't help when we got 4 starters today that didn't hit double digit scoring.
Hope the coaching staff can figure out what's going wrong with our offensive sets.

A few problems....

1. We don't have quality shooting in the least bit at SF... Our 2 SFs are shooting 20% of our 3s at 31% success rate.

2. If you really want the starting lineup to be successful, you move Nick to the 3, and bring JC into the starting lineup at the 2. So you now have better spot up shooting from 1-3...

Nick is 96th percentile
Russell 88th percentile
JC 66th percentile

Allows more ball movement to get open shots instead of Deng open to miss a 3.

That solves at least some of the offensive issues.

Last edited:
Also doesn't help when we got 4 starters today that didn't hit double digit scoring.
Hope the coaching staff can figure out what's going wrong with our offensive sets.

A few problems....

1. We don't have quality shooting in the least bit at SF... Our 2 SFs are shooting 20% of our 3s at 31% success rate.

2. If you really want the starting lineup to be successful, you move Nick to the 3, and bring JC into the starting lineup at the 2. So you now have better spot up shooting from 1-3...

Nick is 96th percentile
Russell 88th percentile
JC 66th percentile

Allows more ball movement to get open shots instead of Deng open to miss a 3.

That solves at least some of the offensive issues.
I feel like our defense would just get 10x worse with JC getting starter minutes
Jeez my head hurts already

Dont mind the L to a great team

But NO TEAM in the NBA is 40 pts better than another team

That's all lack of effort . Dlo just going through the motions out there was pathetic. I was pleased with Randle and JC still going hard and playing like they were angry and embarrassed

Last edited:

That's all lack of effort . Dlo just going through the motions out there was pathetic. I was pleased with Randle and JC still going hard and playing like they were angry and embarrassed

Imagine paying hard earned money to see said pathetic effort :smh: :smh: :smh:

PISSED.

Last edited:
Getting in the paint and collapsing a defense is the #1 way to attack a team and open up your offense

We have no drive and create/kick out players, especially at PG and that really hurts us

Once you get in that paint, it's so much easier to whip that ball around when defenders are scrambling

I feel like our defense would just get 10x worse with JC getting starter minutes
Jeez my head hurts already

Short term fix. Not a long term solution.

If you really wanted a long term solution... Half our bench and Deng should be shipped out.
:lol: Mitch better figure something out
But we are just atrocious on defense
Noel would be a good piece for such, but I wonder who we can part to get the sixers to ok the deal.

No spacing for shooters either since there ain't no drive and kick or any one that commands a double

Team offense runs on ball movement from everyone though
Have you seen Luol clang shoot ?
Yeah but almost every shot is contested I'm not putting that on Dlo I'm saying it the coach needs to finds a way to get open shots but some one that commands a double wouldn't hurt

Should Russell drive more? Of course..

Largely because when he does, he's and we're pretty successful.

80% of his drives end in points...

Draws a foul driving at a 2% higher rate than Lou

Out of all guards who have played 20 Games, he's 18th in PTS % on Drives (Was trying to weed out guys who have only 3-4 drives so far this season, who throw off the way the stats come up). Also draws same % of foul calls on drives as Lillard & DeRozan

Also across the board, Russell has improved driving this year, compared to last.. Albeit driving only slightly more

Last edited:

No Pride. 

Heart of a mouse.

Should Russell drive more? Of course..

Largely because when he does, he's and we're pretty successful.

80% of his drives end in points...

Draws a foul driving at a 2% higher rate than Lou

Out of all guards who have played 20 Games, he's 18th in PTS % on Drives (Was trying to weed out guys who have only 3-4 drives so far this season, who throw off the way the stats come up). Also draws same % of foul calls on drives as Lillard & DeRozan

Also across the board, Russell has improved driving this year, compared to last.. Albeit driving only slightly more
Well when he does drive the team looks good but the problem with that is that he can against good defensive teams

No spacing for shooters either since there ain't no drive and kick or any one that commands a double
Exactly. JC to the starting SG spot doesn't do a damn thing.

Lakers need to have this, if they ever want to have any consistency on offense or even have a chance to compete for the playoffs

1) Someone who can penetrate the lane AT WILL, so that it puts the defense on its heels.

2) Like you said, someone who commands a double so it forces the defense to have to make rotations.

DLo is supposed to give you number 1. But he doesn't have the quickness to do it, so you UPGRADE THE POSITION in order to fill the need.

Randle is supposed to give you number 2. But he is inconsistent and hasn't developed a low post game or an outside jumper therefore you can guard him one-on-one most of the time. 

Because the Lakers don't have 1 & 2, the ONLY thing the Lakers can rely on in order to get wins is to hopefully shoot the lights out from downtown. That's gonna happen once every 12 games.

listened to a little of the game on my drive home...

surprised to hear Kiwi only 25 :wow:

No Pride. 

Heart of a mouse.

or rat [emoji]129300[/emoji]

lol

*Looks at stats*

*Whispers*

They basically have the same exact stats.

One is 28, One is 20..

He takes the 28 year old.. And even had a diatribe about professionalism earlier. :rofl:

Last edited:
*Looks at stats*

*Whispers*

They basically have the same exact stats.

One is 28, One is 20..

He takes the 28 year old.. And even had a diatribe about professionalism earlier.
roll.gif
DRose is way more aggressive on the floor than DLo. And that's with a fully reconstructed knee.

You and your stupid stats. 

What did DLo's stats do for him against a 35 year old tonight? What did DLo's stats do for him against Lillard after Lillard challenged him in the 3rd quarter?

Face it. Ya boy DLo is a mouse. At least DRose has proven that he's a man in this league.

laugh.gif

And that man in this league is not doing any better than a mouse.... Crazy isn't it

Last edited:
Naw bro...here's what's crazy....

Derrick Rose, points in last 12 games since Dec 20:  24, 19, 25, 26, 20, 21, 18, 15, 12, 14, 25, 17.

And that's with CARMELO AND PORZINGIS on the squad. 

Rose has 12 games scoring 20 or more points this year. How many does DLo have? 
laugh.gif

Has DLo had a 12-game stretch any time this year where he's scored at a similar clip above? 
laugh.gif

28-year old, coming off major knee surgery D-Rose > 20-year old sore-*** knee DLo ANY DAY OF THE WEEK brotha. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom