**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I’m sick of worrying about future free agents. Feels like we’ve been doing that for the last 6 years. 4 years ago...hell 2 years ago, nobody woulda predicted kawhi/geoege, Westbrook/harden, LeBron/AD (most predictable of previous duo), KD/kyrie. Point is. Just go out and play. Do your thing. Stop worrying about what players do 2-4 years from now

NBA Care’s event cancelled for Lakers

wonder if game gets cancelled. If they do, I hope they go straight to the airport and head back ASAP. Need them to fix their jet lag ASAP

F China
And F Kerr and Popavich

Lost respect for Kerr, Pop, Silver and yes even Lebron - and any other player and/or league executives who’ve been outspoken about issues relating to Trump, Kaepernick, BLM, police shootings, etc but who now have gone silent because of the all mighty DOLLAR.

Screw China and the China Commies! Morey has every right to say what he wanted to say and the NBA is looking like a bunch of cuccs apologizing for one man’s opinion.

The NBA didn't really apologize tho......

silver just said he’s sorry the tweet offended anyone but he stands by the right for nba employees to exercise free speech and say w/e they want.....

At this point I’d be SHOCKED if the game is not cancelled. China ain’t about those games. They are trying to send a message and complaining now about it and then silly nilly having the game proceed...ain’t happening. Just call it a ducking day. Bring our players home tomorrow.

The NBA didn't really apologize tho......

silver just said he’s sorry the tweet offended anyone but he stands by the right for nba employees to exercise free speech and say w/e they want.....

he also said there are consequences for exercising free speech. Not exactly a ringing endorsement for free speech

he also said there are consequences for exercising free speech. Not exactly a ringing endorsement for free speech

It's the truth though. All these MAGA hats love to hide behind free speech until they get fired from their jobs for being bigots. You can't be arrested or discriminated against, but consequences exist.

Lol at wanting Kerr and LeBron to speak up. Would you speak up against China if your salary ar your job would be cut by maybe 40 percent or so?

for the record I love when superstar players speak up. I love it. But this is different

Last edited:
It's the truth though. All these MAGA hats love to hide behind free speech until they get fired from their jobs for being bigots. You can't be arrested or discriminated against, but consequences exist.

being a bigot or racist isn’t the same as speaking up righteously against a murderous dictatorship killing their own people protesting for freedom.

yes Kerr might lose his job and lose money. That just tells me he takes a stand against injustice only when it doesn’t affect his pockets. Let’s not act like the NBA would fire everyone if they spoke up though. If the coaches players GMs United in support of people protesting for freedom, they wouldn’t all be fired

being a bigot or racist isn’t the same as speaking up righteously against a murderous dictatorship killing their own people protesting for freedom.

I agree with you 100%, but the first amendment allows for BS too. Going back to what Silver said, he was technically telling the truth but in terms of backing up Morey/democracy it was weak for sure. But he’s looking out for the $$$$.

yes Kerr might lose his job and lose money. That just tells me he takes a stand against injustice only when it doesn’t affect his pockets. Let’s not act like the NBA would fire everyone if they spoke up though. If the coaches players GMs United in support of people protesting for freedom, they wouldn’t all be fired

Houston’s owner already bowed down lol. I don’t know anything about the other owners but I’d bet they’re all about the cash money. It’s nice to think about a united front vs China and telling them to eff off if they don’t like it, but not gonna happen.

Back
Top Bottom