**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I think its looking more like...

will iggy sign with a contender this year on a 1 year deal

OR

wait the season out and resign with a healthy GSW next year?

I dont see him joining up with lebron and AD this season only to dip and go back to the warriors.....

NOT SAYING he going back to GSW next year BUT IF he does, he def aint signing here or anywhere probably.

so i think now its more of a question if iggy tryna go FULL RAY ALLEN and chase a ring this year or wait for a return to GSW for a CHANCE at the playoffs....

Last edited:
Mason & Ireland talking about RoCo right now cause Windhorst all a sudden brought up the possibility of Covington coming to LAL

ya from what i know he wants out but memphis giving him the finger lol
trying to get assets back for him
so doubt they even think about buying him out at least until the weak of the deadline
and even still there isn't a guarantee that he signs with the Show
but i think he leans this way because of the Pelinka connection
and he fit better in LA anyway

either there's a gentleman agreement between the grizz GM and some other guy in a suit or they're simply stupid.

cat believe they'd rather lose him for nothing. they already got a 1st rd pick for him.

Memphis isn’t going to pay a player money for no reason if they don’t have to.

Right now Memphis is gonna wait as long as possible to see if they can acquire any picks/money for iggy. If not, then they can let him go. It’d be foolish to let him go prematurely without seeing if anyone is desperate enough to give assets. After the deadline they can negotiate a buyout so they don’t have to pay as much. I highly doubt they care more about their ego than saving $$$

yup7tgz8hua41.jpg

Last edited:
Iggy is not signing with golden state. He left after speaking negatively about their management/ownership. The following week they traded him. That ship has sailed.

Memphis isn’t going to pay a player money for no reason if they don’t have to.

Right now Memphis is gonna wait as long as possible to see if they can acquire any picks/money for iggy. If not, then they can let him go. It’d be foolish to let him go prematurely without seeing if anyone is desperate enough to give assets. After the deadline they can negotiate a buyout so they don’t have to pay as much. I highly doubt they care more about their ego than saving $$$
Ya. If he isn’t traded he is absolutely getting bought out unless he Truly doesn’t wanna play this year. In that case he won’t accept a buyout.

How many times do we have to see Paul George talk about how LA is home on Sportscenter?

This stupid cover story thing that Momo's fat *** did just doesn't make sense.

You requested a trade to come home...but you could have come home a year sooner by just signing with us.

Hoecake.

either there's a gentleman agreement between the grizz GM and some other guy in a suit or they're simply stupid.

cat believe they'd rather lose him for nothing. they already got a 1st rd pick for him.
Ya. All while paying him more money too just to spite him. Makes zero sense.

Then again, the spurs rather shoot themselves in the foot with the kawhi trade then see him traded to lakers. So it has happened

duplicate
Couldn't find anything online or an article with Dudley's statements yesterday so I replayed the show and wrote down the script. This is an NT exclusive lol

Lakers Talk host Allen Sliwa starts off the show by telling fans what he thinks about Kuzma. Jared Dudley then comes on the show after Sliwa takes a couple phone calls from Lakers fans.

So The question posed was: Have we learned anything new from Kuz these last few games that he’s been starting?

Allen Sliwa: "This is my take on Kuz…and I've been consistent on this. If Kuz was on a bad team and he was more of a focal point on offense, Kuz is gonna give you 25 a night. He has the skill set, where he can be the best player or second best player on a bad team…The question with Kuz is not can you put up X amount of points. The question is, can you be a player that’s getting 10 less minutes a night than you were last year, and you’re coming off the bench in a role where you know AD is gonna get his, Lebron is gonna get his, but can you just PLAY BASKETBALL THE RIGHT WAY in the 3rd year of your career?

"Do you have enough experience and knowledge to understand this is a good shot, this is a bad shot,….when to swing the ball around, when to be more aggressive, when to be a little bit more passive, how to be smarter on defense, how to be more effective on defense, how consistent you can be on the offensive end? Those are questions that still come up for me when I think Kyle Kuzma."

"The question isn't what can Kuz do when AD is out. The bigger question is….what can Kuz do when AD is in? What can Kuz do when AD and Lebron and the Lakers are healthy, can he fit in a role that’s most beneficial to the Lakers?"

"Look, It’s very apparent….we’re not paying attention to next year. We’re not looking 2-3 years down the road. It’s right now for the Los Angeles Lakers. Right now is your shot to win an NBA championship."

Sliwa then takes a few calls from Lakers fans, cuts to commercial, and brings in guest Jared Dudley.

Sliwa: "You mention how you’ve been a mentor towards Kuzma, that’s part of your role obviously on this team. Here’s a 24-year old that’s trying to take it to the next level, what kind of advice do you give him? He’s been asked to complement what Anthony Davis and Lebron James are doing. Come in, off the bench and be that spark plug and give the Lakers hopefully 16 to 20 a night. And we know he’s got the ability to do even more than that. What has been some of the advice you’ve given him, just under the circumstances, the spotlight of the Lakers, and so many people looking at Kuzman to produce?"

Jared Dudley: "So you’re looking at this….So First thing first, like you said, we’re looking for him to get 16 to 20. First thing I say to him: 'Don’t worry about how many points you average…because that’s where you think your success is. It’s different. You’re on a championship team now.' "

"You’re saying 16 to 20, but you’re also seeing a guy whose minutes are down from last year. You got a top 5 best player (AD) playing his position. It’s not where Kevin Love or Bosh is starting and playing 30 minutes. He’s coming off the bench, so if he (Kuz) is hot his minutes already restricted to a certain point. So for one, don’t worry about your points per game. YOU ARE GONNA GET PAID REGARDLESS."

"Regardless of what happens to Kyle Kuzma, he’s 6’9”, can shoot the 3, get his own shot…he’s athletic and he’s getting better, even as a playmaker. Those guys get paid, so don’t even worry about the money situation."

"So #1, LET’S WORRY ABOUT YOUR IDENTITY ON THIS TEAM. Yes, we need you to score. But we also need you to SHOOT THE RIGHT TYPE OF SHOTS. Because you’re not playing on a bad, young team anymore. So your “bad shots” are more shots where Lebron could have scored himself, or assisted to others, or AD can get the ball."

"Also #2 is, WE NEED YOUR DEFENSE TO IMPROVE. So how do we get your defense to improve? POSITIONING BASKETBALL. Stop trying to go for blocks. Stop reaching. You’re not Chris Paul, you not getting those steals so keep in front (of your man), USE YOUR LENGTH, your 6’9”. "

"And then offensively, hey, we want you to keep poking at your potential so we don’t mind getting you the ball. We can go with the highs and the lows of your turnovers. But when you turn the ball over, let’s watch film the next day. Let’s look at your mistakes and how you can grow. So the player you are in October/November, when we get to June, and we need you to make the right assist to AD, or hit the right type of shots, you’re ready for it cause you done had all the experiences and all the listening and going through your ups and downs."

"So far so good. You saw AD been out. Kuz averaging like 30-something. We need to see when AD comes back and that second unit, how can we use Kuz and how can we get Kuz in the right rhythm?"

Last edited:
What did he say
Couldn't find anything online or an article with Dudley's statements yesterday so I replayed the show and wrote down the script. This is an NT exclusive lol

Lakers Talk host Allen Sliwa starts off the show by telling fans what he thinks about Kuzma. Jared Dudley then comes on the show after Sliwa takes a couple phone calls from Lakers fans.

So The question posed was: Have we learned anything new from Kuz these last few games that he’s been starting?

Allen Sliwa: "This is my take on Kuz…and I've been consistent on this. If Kuz was on a bad team and he was more of a focal point on offense, Kuz is gonna give you 25 a night. He has the skill set, where he can be the best player or second best player on a bad team…The question with Kuz is not can you put up X amount of points. The question is, can you be a player that’s getting 10 less minutes a night than you were last year, and you’re coming off the bench in a role where you know AD is gonna get his, Lebron is gonna get his, but can you just PLAY BASKETBALL THE RIGHT WAY in the 3rd year of your career?"

"Do you have enough experience and knowledge to understand this is a good shot, this is a bad shot,….when to swing the ball around, when to be more aggressive, when to be a little bit more passive, how to be smarter on defense, how to be more effective on defense, how consistent you can be on the offensive end? Those are questions that still come up for me when I think Kyle Kuzma."

"The question isn't what can Kuz do when AD is out. The bigger question is….what can Kuz do when AD is in? What can Kuz do when AD and Lebron and the Lakers are healthy, can he fit in a role that’s most beneficial to the Lakers?"

"Look, It’s very apparent….we’re not paying attention to next year. We’re not looking 2-3 years down the road. It’s right now for the Los Angeles Lakers. Right now is your shot to win an NBA championship."

Sliwa then takes a few calls from Lakers fans, cuts to commercial, and brings in guest Jared Dudley.

Sliwa: "You mention how you’ve been a mentor towards Kuzma, that’s part of your role obviously on this team. Here’s a 24-year old that’s trying to take it to the next level, what kind of advice do you give him? He’s been asked to complement what Anthony Davis and Lebron James are doing. Come in, off the bench and be that spark plug and give the Lakers hopefully 16 to 20 a night. And we know he’s got the ability to do even more than that. What has been some of the advice you’ve given him, just under the circumstances, the spotlight of the Lakers, and so many people looking at Kuzman to produce?"

Jared Dudley: "So you’re looking at this….So First thing first, like you said, we’re looking for him to get 16 to 20. First thing I say to him: 'Don’t worry about how many points you average…because that’s where you think your success is. It’s different. You’re on a championship team now.' "

"You’re saying 16 to 20, but you’re also seeing a guy whose minutes are down from last year. You got a top 5 best player (AD) playing his position. It’s not where Kevin Love or Bosh is starting and playing 30 minutes. He’s coming off the bench, so if he (Kuz) is hot his minutes already restricted to a certain point. So for one, don’t worry about your points per game. YOU ARE GONNA GET PAID REGARDLESS."

"Regardless of what happens to Kyle Kuzma, he’s 6’9”, can shoot the 3, get his own shot…he’s athletic and he’s getting better, even as a playmaker. Those guys get paid, so don’t even worry about the money situation."

"So #1, LET’S WORRY ABOUT YOUR IDENTITY ON THIS TEAM. Yes, we need you to score. But we also need you to SHOOT THE RIGHT TYPE OF SHOTS. Because you’re not playing on a bad, young team anymore. So your “bad shots” are more shots where Lebron could have scored himself, or assisted to others, or AD can get the ball."

"Also #2 is, WE NEED YOUR DEFENSE TO IMPROVE. So how do we get your defense to improve? POSITIONING BASKETBALL. Stop trying to go for blocks. Stop reaching. You’re not Chris Paul, you not getting those steals so keep in front (of your man), USE YOUR LENGTH, your 6’9”. "

"And then offensively, hey, we want you to keep poking at your potential so we don’t mind getting you the ball. We can go with the highs and the lows of your turnovers. But when you turn the ball over, let’s watch film the next day. Let’s look at your mistakes and how you can grow. So the player you are in October/November, when we get to June, and we need you to make the right assist to AD, or hit the right type of shots, you’re ready for it cause you done had all the experiences and all the listening and going through your ups and downs."

"So far so good. You saw AD been out. Kuz averaging like 30-something. We need to see when AD comes back and that second unit, how can we use Kuz and how can we get Kuz in the right rhythm?"

Several fans called in and there's a shared sentiment after discussing the Clips' 2-0 record vs LAL: we need another wing defender. If it ain't going to be Kuzma, it should be....(y'all already know who I want on this squad other than Iggy).

good read
hopefully he starts to improve

ive noticed his defensive technique is pretty bad though so :lol:
Yup, that defense is the key. Everyone know he can score. But can he play postseason level D tho?

Covington and Iggy can. Plus these two can score 16 on any given night. Kuz, i'm afraid, is running out of time to prove himself. Lakers want to win now.

Reactions: DLF
I'll continue to say it every time his name comes up. Roco ain't good. Trading Kuz for him is a downgrade.

Back
Top Bottom