**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

2-4 weeks and we will know if the season will start or not...

Yes it’s a wrap. 4 weeks would put us at June 12 and likely a July 1-5thish start lol.

that’s an October finals and I guess December season start? Lol lol

If the nba does resume, I really hope they just lock the standings and begin the playoffs. In the east 1-8 was basically set. In the west 1-7 was set. Do a 3-5-5-7 series format. If they start June 15, they will end late July or early August.

Several issues I still see that the nba will have to consider/address. I’m more optimistic than before but still doubtful. We’ll see how much the NBA cares about player safety and the advice of public health experts vs $$$

I’m sure lots of players are considering safety but I’m sure they’re also thinking about money. Will they not get paid for the remaining x number of games? How does that effect salary cap next year? You sure mid tier guys are ok giving up millions of dollars, with their lifestyles? If they resume play they can put ads in the arena, hologram or actual ads on the seats, on the court. On the back of their jerseys to make up for lost concession money. Nba contracts have a lot of verbiage in them that can easily reduce their salary based on revenue for th year, these “max” contracts are approximations only. Try telling Danny green his contract is now worth 2 year 18 mill instead of 2 year 30 million

n2ul3ogwbly41.jpg

fisher4.gif

Helicopter pilot’s brother had some interesting comments. I don’t doubt for a second that the pilot felt pressure from Kobe to fly, I can imagine Kobe telling him they’ve flown in fog before and he’s running late, that kind of thing

but ultimately YOU are the pilot and YOU decide when it‘s unsafe to fly

breaks my heart how easily this tragedy could’ve been avoided

RIP Kobe and GiGi

I'm on the side of the league starting back up, this loss effects the money for teams & players. They will work this out.

In terms of basketball i'm sick because we were stopped when we were playing our best ball, but i guess the silver lining is that our team from all reports was great chemistry wise off court & Having a guy like Bron being the leader of the team helps in this situation.

I could see that working in our advantage, the one concern i have tho, is that our guys are vets & it will take em sometime to really get warmed up

Probably 8th seed with a good coach playing no type of defense.

That being said **** the kids :lol:

That's always been my perspective as well.that team would have been a young exciting, lower seed that gets bounced in the first round. Ingram is a good player but I don't ever see him being a top 10 caliber player. Also keep in mind that team would have gotten very expensive. Imagine Randle, Russell, BI and Zo all coming up for extension in a two to three year span. You would just end up with a treadmill team that's over the cap and not elite.

This is a star-driven league and you do what you need to do to get stars.

We won a chip with Bron yet? 2 year window (hell maybe one with the Rona virus) max and we're back to square one.

We both know the answer to that question is no. So kinda crazy to ask that.

But before the season stopped, we had two of the biggest victories of the year in a row. Number 1 in the west.

How did we fare with the kids?

Plus it's hard to be square one when you have AD and another max slot once Bron is gone.

No matter how you slice it, we are better off without the kids.

Period.

Back
Top Bottom