**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Frank gotta be careful with those lineups with both Caruso and rondo on cuz the spacing gets extra jacked lol
We need JR in there in small spurts. Always gotta have at least two of green, Kcp, Kuzma or jr in there at all times. Can’t be out there expecting ad or LeBron to play inside when his options for shooters are Caruso rondo and Dwight

Dwight Howard continued to try to get under the skin of Nikola Jokic, but his antics could be causing him to lose focus at times. Throughout this series, he has antagonized Jokic with juvenile taunts and has gone out of his way to invade the star’s space before play has even resumed.

Five minutes into the second quarter, Howard had just picked up a technical foul for tossing the ball in the air out of frustration after a foul was called on him. And unbeknownst to the viewing public, seconds later, he was nearly tossed from the game.

Jerami Grant, who finished with 26 points, was at the free-throw line midway in the second period, and Howard uttered an obscene remark in the direction of the officials. It was apparently so off-putting that official Marc Davis shouted, “Hey, cut that out now! Are you serious? I’ve heard that twice now. Twice. Cut it out now!”

Howard got off with a stern warning, but he was visibly irritated.

Howard’s energy in the second quarter and his ability to match up physically with Jokic has been a bright spot for the Lakers. Losing him at that juncture would have completely disrupted Vogel’s substitution pattern.

Rajon Rondo checked in after Grant’s first free throw. Howard still wasn’t totally absorbed in the game at this point.

Howard was lined up around the key for rebounding position next to 6-foot-2 Monte Morris, while 6-foot-10 rookie Michael Porter Jr. lined up on the opposite side sandwiched by two Lakers guards: Alex Caruso and Rondo.

Right before Grant was given the ball for his second free throw, Rondo spiritedly clapped at Howard to get his attention and instructed him to switch with Caruso so that Porter Jr. wouldn’t have an easy rebounding advantage should Grant miss the free throw. Minor mistakes like that at the wrong time could be the difference between winning and losing.

Rondo is constantly shadowing Howard and is in his ear about toning down some of his antics. Howard's newly discovered enforcer role has been effective, but he’ll have to temper it and remain focused.

I wonder what Dwight said. Either way, he needs to tone it down.

Looking at it again, no surprise why we lost.

Outrebounded by 14.
Gave up 9 offensive rebounds for 11 points.
26% from three.

In all of losses mose of these same things happen.

We probably played one of our worst games and damn near won it.

Still gotta get game 4. We let them tie it and it goes 7.

I'm encouraged that there won't be a rebounding disparity as bad as that again.

Also, when we turn on the jets, Denver can't hang with us.
The problem is you cant wait until you're down 20 with 8 minutes left to turn up. They were cocky af last night lol...

Reactions: DLF
Obviously we need Danny, Kuz & Rondo to hit open shots... but I wanna see them start making Murray play some defense.
Get the switch on Bron or AD and wear him down just a little bit. I don't remember him being attacked all last night.

We KNOW the refs will not allow Jokic to get in foul trouble again after game 1 :lol:
We really need Dwight to play smart for us. He's the key to prevent Jokic being doubled and going off on our smaller bigs.

I'm encouraged that there won't be a rebounding disparity as bad as that again.

Also, when we turn on the jets, Denver can't hang with us.
The problem is you cant wait until you're down 20 with 8 minutes left to turn up. They were cocky af last night lol...
I hate Howard’s stupid laugh when he makes a mistake.

Tough game, as someone already stated, this was a must win for Denver. Lakers game out with no energy as they have on occasion this season and this playoffs (gm 1's). The only positive takeaway is we ere down 18 and battled back. Guys were exhausted after that and I think that led to the little things that let Denver seal the deal. Definitely have to be better on the boards, Denver is packing the paint but we still need to attack, way too much settling for jumpers last night, especially by Lebron. I think Lakers cut it to 3 and he just settles for a long 3 pointer and pretty much kills our momentum. Gotta think the players for Denver that just killed us last night wont be playing like that every night, come out with urgency and energy on Thursday and I think we got this.

Obviously we need Danny, Kuz & Rondo to hit open shots... but I wanna see them start making Murray play some defense.
Get the switch on Bron or AD and wear him down just a little bit. I don't remember him being attacked all last night.

We KNOW the refs will not allow Jokic to get in foul trouble again after game 1 :lol:
We really need Dwight to play smart for us. He's the key to prevent Jokic being doubled and going off on our smaller bigs.
Bron got the Murray switch in the second half. I forget if it was the third or fourth.

Yeah but they need to exploit it.

Even if we don't score every time down, just make him use some energy... Drop a couple shoulders into his chest or something lol

I would think about giving KCP for more minutes tomorrow. He's done a decent job on Murray and has been the best shooter on the team.

One thing that drove me nuts was in the second quarter when the nuggets went on that big run and Vogel called 2 timeouts and made ZERO adjustments during those two time outs

Decent fight yesterday, we had chances to win the game for sure.

guys missed open shots and we had some TO’s that killed us.

lebron doing his part, guys gotta hit open shots and make easy buckets.

For all yall crying about lebron not being aggressive going to the rack...they packing the paint tuff + he is not getting the same whistles they are giving DEN.

You can’t just bulldoze into the lane when they got 3 guys in there man, yall put too much on LJ...

how about other guys make shots that way it spreads the defense out more so lebron can get to the rack? How about that?

If our “others” aren’t shooting well, teams just gonna pck the paint expecting lebron to drive and let those guys shoot us out of games....

Decent fight yesterday, we had chances to win the game for sure.

guys missed open shots and we had some TO’s that killed us.

lebron doing his part, guys gotta hit open shots and make easy buckets.

For all yall crying about lebron not being aggressive going to the rack...they packing the paint tuff + he is not getting the same whistles they are giving DEN.

You can’t just bulldoze into the lane when they got 3 guys in there man, yall put too much on LJ...

how about other guys make shots that way it spreads the defense out more so lebron can get to the rack? How about that?

Stop making excuses for him. He has been passive for all but one half this series.

dude they have 3 guys in the paint, what u want him to do...force his way in there every play?

u say he’s being passive, then how do you want him to play? U want him to come down crossover and dunk on everyone every single play???

There’s a difference in playing passive and understanding what denver is giving you....they been taking the paint away DARING our guys to beat them with the 3.

We saw him go to the jumper last night in the 4th because:

-denver packing the paint taking the drive away
-our guys not hitting any perimeter shots which makes them stay in the paint more and cheat on lebron and AD
-AD had a hard time getting going yesterday

so boom he goes to the jumper, like any great player with multiple tools in his box would do. Take one away use another....

If our “shooters” were doing what they paid to do, we wouldn’t HAVE TO SEE lebron go in his bag for the jumper, but he has to because we can’t shoot at times.

he just trying to win man.

dont get how bron doesnt drive to the hole more often. he is a freight train. drive man.

outrebounded.

AD with no rebounds of significance until the 4th quarter.

cant have some bench dude score 20.

on to the next one.

dont get how bron doesnt drive to the hole more often. he is a freight train. drive man.
again they packing the paint, u ever play pickup ball and try to drive to the rack every play? What happens after the 3-4th time?

I swear yall think it’s just hella easy to take your man(men if doubled) off the dribble beat the help/rim protector and finish at the rim everytime.

THIS IS THE WCF

We will know if we win game 4 by the beginning of the 2nd quarter.

if Vogel comes out with Morris Kuzma LeBron Caruso and Rondo to start the 2nd. We will lose 110% guaranteed.

again they packing the paint, u ever play pickup ball and try to drive to the rack every play? What happens after the 3-4th time?

I swear yall think it’s just hella easy to take your man(men if doubled) off the dribble beat the help/rim protector and finish at the rim everytime.

THIS IS THE WCF

He ain't getting doubled every time, he keeps trying to get past Grant and or Craig on the perimeter and not being able to do so. AD isn't clogging the paint and neither is Morris, Dwert flashes to the paint but they never get him the ball. The only person he's been consistently able to get by is Joker on the perimeter. His jumper has been streaky and he's been able to go to work in the post a bit.

ocm6mmyyvxo51.jpg

He ain't getting doubled every time, he keeps trying to get past Grant and or Craig on the perimeter and not being able to do so. AD isn't clogging the paint and neither is Morris, Dwert flashes to the paint but they never get him the ball. The only person he's been consistently able to get by is Joker on the perimeter. His jumper has been streaky and he's been able to go to work in the post a bit.
No he’s not getting doubled but denver is packing 3 guys in the paint so....our shooters gotta hit open shots

No he’s not getting doubled but denver is packing 3 guys in the paint so....our shooters gotta hit open shots

Who are those 3 people? AD has been regulated to the perimeter when Dwight and Javele are in the game so his man isn't in the paint. Danny and KCP are out on the perimeter almost exclusively so their 2 guys are at least trying to shade and then you got the guy who's guarding Bron. Bottom line this series he hasn't been able to beat anyone but Joker really off the dribble. You must be watching a different game than what's actually happening.

Bron has had his jumper get streaky and got points in transition, in the half court he's been awful. The guys hit enough shots in games 1 and 2 yet he was still only effective in the 1 half of game 2.

It doesn't excuse the passivity that we continue to point out nor the careless nature he's had with the ball this series.

Hate losing, but overall I feel pretty good about us getting it figured out for Game 4.

That said......not sure I want to win game 4 and be up 3-1...... :lol: :frown:

We had no rebounds, shot horribly, and fouled everyone on the roster and had it down to 2 with four minutes left.

Biggest thing to me, got to take better care of the ball. Slow down. Stop fumbling passes, or dribbling off your feet, or trying to fit in between 6 different people. (Rondo)

Make good, smart passes, attack the rim, and knock down a couple more shots. And definitely attack Jokic and Murray a little more on defense. Wear them down play after play.

Back
Top Bottom