**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If you told me I’d be cheering for LeBron, Dwight and Rondo to lead us to a championship 10 years ago i would’ve said hell to the no. Can’t believe we close, can’t let go now gotta finish the job.
If we didnt have Kobe and Pau 10 years ago and the Lakers instead had the 2010 versions of Dwight, Rondo, and Bron? That's a Hell to the Yes for me

I say after we win we trade AD back to NOLA for ball and Ingram. Trade LeBron to the Wolves for D’lo and hire Luke. Run it back

Last edited:
My wish list:

mcgee opts out for long term money and he leaves.

Resign Howard for 3 mill. (Unlikely bc he will command more money...BUT he won’t wanna go to a loser team)

resign Morris. (Again hard to do bc he will be in high demand)

trade Kuz and green for a playmaker.

sign another 7 footer to replace McGee. Ideally someone who is different then Howard - shoot 3s ideally

Whether it’s with that Kuz trade OR with the 9 mill we have to sign someone- find a regular season version of Playoff Rondo

Vogel saving him for 2021. Gotta run it back with Boogie in the fold. Get rid of McGee
Javale, Rondo, KCP have no trade clauses I believe. Rondo and KCP have player options this off season as well, KCP might be able to aquire a DG type contract. from another team.

Would love to keep Dwight and Keef. But both will probably be thrown more money elsewhere.

Don’t get me wrong I’m excited for 17 and another chip

but the Kobe/Shaq and Kobe/Pau/LO teams winning chips just hit different for me

maybe it’s because those teams were together longer and went through years of losing in the playoffs before finally getting over the hump

AD in just first year here.
Lebron in his 2nd year and accomplished so much elsewhere, doesn’t feel like a Laker to me yet. This team winning it all their first time in the playoffs.....

those teams’ chips just felt so much more rewarding and satisfying for me

Last edited:
Danny Green ain't going anywhere unless it's in a package with Kuz, I just don't see them making any moves for anybody on over a 1 year deal. not with that 2021 FA class.

Javale, Rondo, KCP have no trade clauses I believe. Rondo and KCP have player options this off season as well, KCP might be able to aquire a DG type contract. from another team.

Would love to keep Dwight and Keef. But both will probably be thrown more money elsewhere.

that was my big issue with the contracts we offered last summer. Obviously things are working out and we're likely to win a championship so I can't complain that much but the structure of the contracts was weird. Essentially you're right. those players have a de facto no trade clause because they signed 1+1 deals with a player option for the second year essentially making them untradable unless they agree to it. We could really use that Danny Greene and Javale money to fill out the roster

My wish list:

mcgee opts out for long term money and he leaves.

Resign Howard for 3 mill. (Unlikely bc he will command more money...BUT he won’t wanna go to a loser team)

resign Morris. (Again hard to do bc he will be in high demand)

trade Kuz and green for a playmaker.

sign another 7 footer to replace McGee. Ideally someone who is different then Howard - shoot 3s ideally

Whether it’s with that Kuz trade OR with the 9 mill we have to sign someone- find a regular season version of Playoff Rondo
Even with Dwight playin well, he can’t command much more money. He’s on his last leg and will only work on a team that fits him.

Even with Dwight playin well, he can’t command much more money. He’s on his last leg and will only work on a team that fits him.

agreed. A team in need of a defensive, rebounding center in 15-20 minutes. Dwight should realize this is the best place for him and stay assuming front office wants him and Dwight doesn’t go for a money grab (ie 2 yrs/$10 million) from some team.

Boogie can play a part this offseason too, if he’s healthy and wants to come back.

agreed. A team in need of a defensive, rebounding center in 15-20 minutes. Dwight should realize this is the best place for him and stay assuming front office wants him and Dwight doesn’t go for a money grab (ie 2 yrs/$10 million) from some team.

Boogie can play a part this offseason too, if he’s healthy and wants to come back.
Not sure too many teams are offering him 2 years. He’ll be 35 and **** even the Wizards got rid of him. I think he stays here for another 2 and he’s done

Don’t get me wrong I’m excited for 17 and another chip

but the Kobe/Shaq and Kobe/Pau/LO teams winning chips just hit different for me

maybe it’s because those teams were together longer and went through years of losing in the playoffs before finally getting over the hump

AD in just first year here.
Lebron in his 2nd year and accomplished so much elsewhere, doesn’t feel like a Laker to me yet. This team winning it all their first time in the playoffs.....

those teams’ chips just felt so much more rewarding and satisfying for me
It’s called being human.

no fans. In a bubble. PLUS media continuing their efforts to downplay us all bubble. They are making it seem for us as if we don’t deserve this and shouldn’t be happy bc we “got lucky”

Truth is we played so incredibly well that it only seems like the competition was weak. This Miami hat team may not even make it past the first round next year but the media wanna make it seem like injury the reason why we dominate.

the WCF was the finals. We faced a very good 8th seed and destroyed them. Made them look like a lottery team. Houston was a tough out for MOST teams but we had them fire their coach on the flight back. Denver was destined, until they played us.

we should be happy about these finals. Don’t let media tell you otherwise

Apparently Bam doesn’t want pain meds before the next game bc he is afraid of needles

lakers are so lucky. First Dame gets hurt when they were up 2-1 in that series

then House gets falsely accused and they miss out on his 24 and 8 per game

Then Murray hurts his thigh in the deciding game 7

Now bam gets hurt but can’t play well bc of his very serious medical and mental disability of needle phobia. Show compassion. I think lakers should forfeit a game or two to account for his fear of needles. Otherwise there will be a huge asterisk on the title

Apparently Bam doesn’t want pain meds before the next game bc he is afraid of needles

lakers are so lucky. First Dame gets hurt when they were up 2-1 in that series

then House gets falsely accused and they miss out on his 24 and 8 per game

Then Murray hurts his thigh in the deciding game 7

Now bam gets hurt but can’t play well bc of his very serious medical and mental disability of needle phobia. Show compassion. I think lakers should forfeit a game or two to account for his fear of needles. Otherwise there will be a huge asterisk on the title
This was OD even for your standards bra :lol:

Back
Top Bottom