**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Praying Davis is okay, even if it's negative he gotta sit man.

Priority is just getting Davis healthy.

As for the Lakers, LA made enough of a gap where I don't think they drop to 5th-8th anytime soon.

If they just split the upcoming games being around .500 they should be fine.

I think the Lakers should keep him out until the All-Star break. We have nine games between now and then, if we're able to go 5-4, I'd be happy. We should reassess after that but if he's anything less than 100%,, we should keep sitting him. Frankly, I think we should sit LeBron for the next two or three games as well and just punch those games

All star break is in what 3 weeks? They got 9 games between now and that point. Makes all the sense in the world to sit him until the break at minimum.

In all honesty there’s nothing they need to prove or any reason to play him to risk injury. The Jazz can get the 1 seed for all it matters but the Lakers would be favored to beat them.

I think the Lakers should keep him out until the All-Star break. We have nine games between now and then, if we're able to go 5-4, I'd be happy. We should reassess after that but if he's anything less than 100%,, we should keep sitting him. Frankly, I think we should sit LeBron for the next two or three games as well and just punch those games

We literally said pretty much the same thing about a minute apart. Great minds think alike lol.

He never has summer to heal. We shoulda always sit him out or put him on mins restriction til after all star beak. I mean he’s shooting jumpers for a reason

Might be blessing in disguise assuming he’s healthy long term. Now we are forced to go after another center.

McKinnie, cook, Morris. All should be on trading block

We can sign someone starting feb 24 or something.

On another note, Schroder is eligible for a four year-$83M extension tomorrow.

What do you guys think his value is? What would you feel comfortable with? Do you do a mid-season extension or wait it out until the summer?

On another note, Schroder is eligible for a four year-$83M extension tomorrow.

What do you guys think his value is? What would you feel comfortable with? Do you do a mid-season extension or wait it out until the summer?
What do the options look like if you don't sign him? If it's a situation where you wouldn't really open up cap space anyway I think I'd sign him and look to potentially trade him in the summer

What do the options look like if you don't sign him? If it's a situation where you wouldn't really open up cap space anyway I think I'd sign him and look to potentially trade him in the summer
No cap space this summer if he were to walk.

Four years-$83M is a bit rich for me. I think I would be okay with four years-$72M.

The previous two off-seasons for reference:

Bledsoe four years-$70M
Brogdon four years-$80M
Rozier three years-$56M
Rubio three years-$51M
VanVleet four years-$85M

Back
Top Bottom