**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Kuz poison pill expires June 28th. He will undoubtedly get packaged with the pick and others to try and get someone. doesn't have to be a "star" need someone steady enough to carry water while OldBron and AD aren't in/on.

S&T rules changed a couple years ago, but Schroder's has to be the top priority. I wanted DD last summer but I don't see how it happens. For one, it's the Spurs you'd be working with. Two, what kinda money is he looking at?

Ultimately that'd be ideal with him coming back to LA but I just don't see it. Rudy a free agent too. Another target.

Rudy or DDR would be straight.
DDR is a free agent right? Sell him on coming back home and playing for Kobe’s squad :lol:
If/when Trez opts out, they can’t use MLE on DDR? Would he accept such low $?

I know he can’t shoot 3s but at least he can get buckets. He’d probably he more inclined to sign if we had traded for Lowry :frown:

I was hella against that trade, and it probably wouldn’t have changed anything because AD went down anyway, but in hindsight I wish we pulled the trigger. THT is going to have to take a major jump to justify not making that trade.

Kuz poison pill expires June 28th. He will undoubtedly get packaged with the pick and others to try and get someone. doesn't have to be a "star" need someone steady enough to carry water while OldBron and AD aren't in/on.

Lmao WHO is going to trade for f*****g Kyle Kuzma after that atrocious series? Dude is a negative asset since his game is so one dimensional.

Kuz didn’t play that bad all year. I thought he had turned a corner. Didn’t expect him to completely lay an egg when we needed him the most.

He needs to get back to taking the game slow and focusing on scoring. Yeah he got a little better as a defender/rebounder and doing the little things more, but his offensive game has REGRESSED significantly since his rookie year.

nciP7Fkgkr8woDk8UMlCniCacpYs3z3NA_nTQmtrk_M.jpg

I hear you but KCP offense almost negates his decent defense, yeah he gets stops but he can’t hit open shots?

=/=

at least ben is young enough where he can work and improve on being a decent defender, I got more faith in mac as a defender than KCP as a shooter.

KCP shot 40% from three for the season, & 38% for his Laker career. He's also great in transition & is a extremely versatile defender.

Mclemore is just as streaky as KCP & does nothing else. he's a good regular season rotation guy but there's a reason he's 27 & was just sitting on the FA market.

This idea of surrounding Lebron & AD with shooters isn't realistic with the cap space we have. That also puts more pressure on Lebron to create for everyone & more importantly for him to show up every night on defense, it's just not sustainable.

I wouldn’t mind bringing Wes & Mac back for the minimum.

One thing I hope Vogel fixes next year is identifying a top 8 rotation early for the playoffs. He jerked Wes & Gasol’s minutes all year long. I know it was due to politics but it’s not fair.

I want to re-sign ben mac and give him some burn and see what he can do for us.

in his super limited action, he LIT IT UP

I bet with legit minutes he could be a better option than KCP.

Probably cheap too.

Kuz and KCP tho, I’m not doing this another year. Not another year of disappointments.

I appreciate their contributions, but I think it’s time to part ways. Kuz can go sonewhere and be the scorer he wants to be.

I think there’s a reason he didn’t get minutes with us and with HOU last year in the playoffs. He seems like a space cadet out there kind of lost on defense like Vlad Rad

Theres no way Lebron gets a statue outside of Staples Center. Jersey retired inside yeah I’m ok with that.

Lebron slurpers on this thread are something else

KCP was pretty much Danny Green 2020 w better defense. Like I said the Klutch monopoly needs to stop if we're going to improve. Bron and AD of course but rest of these guys should all be movable.

KCP shot 40% from three for the season, & 38% for his Laker career. He's also great in transition & is a extremely versatile defender.

Mclemore is just as streaky as KCP & does nothing else. he's a good regular season rotation guy but there's a reason he's 27 & was just sitting on the FA market.

This idea of surrounding Lebron & AD with shooters isn't realistic with the cap space we have. That also puts more pressure on Lebron to create for everyone & more importantly for him to show up every night on defense, it's just not sustainable.
Shot 40% and still terrible.

I don’t really care what his percentage is, dood shot us out this series and underperformed this season after holding out for more money.

we put alot of trust on his shoulders this season to help us repeat and he hurt us more than helped us. Not going to sit here and bash the guy, but if he played up to his potential this year, man.

Gotta make open shots man, if you ain’t doing that in the NBA, someone else can.

Shot 40% and still terrible.

I don’t really care what his percentage is, dood shot us out this series and underperformed this season after holding out for more money.

we put alot of trust on his shoulders this season to help us repeat and he hurt us more than helped us. What about when LJ and AD went out, dood was still throwing up donuts.

Gotta make open shots and clutch shots, he doesn’t really do either. I don’t even consider him a legit shooter at this point just a defender.

He had a terrible series there's no denying that, Just last year in the biggest moments he was knocking down shots & making plays in the finals. You don't scrap a dude like that because he had a bad game.

Your talking as if knockdown can't miss shooters are just readily available. the only shooters who don't go through these kind of inconsistencies usually suck at everything else or are All star caliber guys.

Exactly he played well in the bubble and we won.

Been trash the majority of this season. Started off terrible, started to shape back up then ended the season terrible. Hurt us as our starting 2 gaurd this year, really needed him to play better and he did not. Straight up.

He was a big ingredient to repeat this year and didn't live up to expectations. I’m not attacking him personally just stating facts. It’s never personal, but business is business he didn’t hold up his end of the bargain.

regular season don’t mean ****, this team was built for a playoff run.

Back
Top Bottom