**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

nv2mwx7cj5971.jpg

Another draft guy I'm looking at is Jeremiah Robinson-Earl. Can guard bigger wings and I think he's a better shooter than the stats suggest.

I'm not sure about Duarte, I feel like he's more of a good help defender like Danny Green but won't be a stopper.

Flashback time:

Before: Shaq, Kobe, Phil Jackson, and Staples Center.

A lot of NT'ers on this thread who just became Laker fans recently because of certain players don't know these days and probably weren't born or were in diapers during this Laker era :lol:

That was a good squad we had. This was before EJ changed his jersey to number 6. Good times. I remember Jerome Kersey lol

Quick 6 :nthat:

Shaq and EJ were my two favorite players when I was young. Too bad they was beefin. :smh:

Eddie Jones was good, he was solid but when West drafted him he was brought in to be primarily a defender and slasher a la TAriza at the 2 guard. We already had 20-point scorers in Ceballos and Van Exel.

Jones exceeded all expectations because he improved his jump shot year after year and ended up becoming something like an 18 ppg scorer and making an All-Star team as a two-way player.

The playoffs, we found out, were a different story where EJ struggled against J.R. Rider and Jeff Hornacek year after year.

Not until Kobe came along and not until we traded Jones and Campbell for All Star sharpshooter Glen Rice did we finally overcome the hated Utah Jazz.

I liked Eddie, but like Peeler, Ceballos, Lynch, Van Exel, Elden, Vlade etc they remind me of the recent Lakers young core whom the Lakers developed and ended up being valuable trade pieces so we could build a title contender.

Last edited:
Same here. Van Exel was not only fearless, but Clutch as f.

I rock my home #9 van exel jersey with pride every time lol.

Nick the Quick brought excitement back to the franchise more than any young Laker post-Magic, pre-Shaq/Kobe.

His step back three is even more pure and better than Harden's imho.

miss this dude so much man. this gave me chills. my favorite player ever. still cant believe he's gone. still cant believe my boy dropped 60 his last game. like bro howwww?!
like one final 60OD BYE, I'm 60NE. 60AT.

will never be another. especially booker soft ***

curry finished in 2nd in voting and team ended up in 9th place.
Curry is also a 33 year old 12 year vet , 3x champ, and former 2x mvp that had decent talent around him this season.
Who was Book best teammate in his first 5 years? Those teams were jokes

Back
Top Bottom